Options

Nicola Roberts is gonna be a guest judge..........

Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
Forum Member
.....on BNTM's it'll be cool to see how she does :)

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    PinkGlitterPinkGlitter Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're obviously having a round that ugly people can enter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good! I have always liked her and she has great personal style. It's a shame that she's always been laughed at because she's not a plastic orange robot like the other four.
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Why is this top new news? I swear this was announced at the start of the year anyway which is why i wasn't shocked in the COMING UP ON NEXT WEEK
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely they're being ironic. People say Cheryl isn't a natural beauty, she's just lucky to have been able to throw money at her looks, yet then say Nicola is so natural and beautiful. Cheryl at least had a pretty face when she auditioned all those years ago. There is no way you would look twice at Nicola if she wasn't so overly styled, and hadn't been able to propagate this 'ugly duckling to beautiful swan' image in the media.

It will be interesting to see if Nicola comes across better in a pre-recorded/edited show than she usually does on live tv. She's always seemed a bit bitter and superior to me.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how GA only got stylish when they got a bit of money. None of them are fashionistas, they just like to think they are.

Nicola does wear some nice stuff, but does that mean she knows about modelling? Probably not considering the state of her hair most of the time she steps out :eek:

No guest judge will beat the stunning Noemie Lenoir, I was SO pleased to see her on last night's show. She's simply beautiful, I just wish we'd heard more from her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will be shooting the cover for Munters Monthly I presume?

:o
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me who doesn't buy all this Nicola as a fashion icon business?

She is a plain looking girl with mental hair who sometimes wears ok clothes (and looks a mess the rest of the time). Before she was rich, famous and had a styled, she looked like a football hooligans girlfriend dressed to hang around outside the offy.

Plus she's rich, famous and talented (sort of) but the girl still has a face liked a smacked arse 99% of the time. Would it hurt to smile once every 3 blue moons?
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely they're being ironic. People say Cheryl isn't a natural beauty, she's just lucky to have been able to throw money at her looks, yet then say Nicola is so natural and beautiful. Cheryl at least had a pretty face when she auditioned all those years ago. There is no way you would look twice at Nicola if she wasn't so overly styled, and hadn't been able to propagate this 'ugly duckling to beautiful swan' image in the media.

It will be interesting to see if Nicola comes across better in a pre-recorded/edited show than she usually does on live tv. She's always seemed a bit bitter and superior to me.[/QUOTE]

She has always come across as full of herself and a generally nasty piece of work to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Is it just me who doesn't buy all this Nicola as a fashion icon business?

She is a plain looking girl with mental hair who sometimes wears ok clothes (and looks a mess the rest of the time). Before she was rich, famous and had a styled, she looked like a football hooligans girlfriend dressed to hang around outside the offy.

Plus she's rich, famous and talented (sort of) but the girl still has a face liked a smacked arse 99% of the time. Would it hurt to smile once every 3 blue moons?

It's no just you, I agree with all of the above.
    Slojo wrote: »

[/B]She has always come across as full of herself and a generally nasty piece of work to me[/B].

The two occasions I've seen her speaking I can remember I was less than impressed.

One was when she was on the Xtra Factor the night Diana Vickers got knocked out. She was talking to Holly, in the same room as the three acts who'd made the final, and was moaning about how wrong a decision it was. Whatever you thought about the others it seemed at the time really rude towards the people she was sitting beside.

The second time which was worse, was when she was on This Morning promoting a documentary she had made on tanning. She was with another girl of similar age who had had moles removed and now knew she was at risk of skin cancer because of using sunbeds. Nicola was styled as if she was about to go on the catwalk which seemed really inappropriate, when she was sitting with another girl, who was in a vulnerable position anyway and wouldn't have been able to afford such expensive clothes. It just struck me at the time that Nicola should have considered wearing jeans and a top, rather than showing off her 'fashion icon' credentials at that time. It's the small things that are important....
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good! I have always liked her and she has great personal style.

Do you really think she chooses her own clothes?
  • Options
    RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I offer her advice on what panties to wear. I am not responsible for the rest of her clothing.
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a cool lady. Mistakenly underused vocally in Girls Aloud.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will be shooting the cover for Munters Monthly I presume?

:o

Love it :D:D
  • Options
    RobinMcClarnonRobinMcClarnon Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good! I have always liked her and she has great personal style. It's a shame that she's always been laughed at because she's not a plastic orange robot like the other four.

She has horrible pale skin and terrible ginger hair. She looked a lot better when she dyed her hair and used fake tan.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always thought Nicola came across as rather shy, rather than b*tchy or nasty. As for her looks, I think she's an attractive girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She has horrible pale skin and terrible ginger hair. She looked a lot better when she dyed her hair and used fake tan.

nope!
  • Options
    CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're obviously having a round that ugly people can enter.

...listen to Tom Cruise there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh look, they've let the forum misogynist back :rolleyes::yawn:
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Plenty of them here. Unleashing their bile on the regular. They truly make bashing female celebs seem an olympic sport.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of all the Girls Aloud singers I have always warmed to Nicola Roberts. She has survived the nasty snipes from the press at being so pale skinned and has boldly decided not to tan her skin anymore. She survived a nasty vendetta from Chris Moyles and she has been pushed out of the limelight by the other girls. Nicola is one of the better singers in the group and because she is not as outgoing she is shunned.

I think that she is lovely and wise beyond her years.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not condoning what the guy said at all, but I've heard much worse abuse directed at female celebrities by female posters themselves on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    I'm not condoning what the guy sad at all, but I've heard much worse abuse directed at female celebrities by female posters themselves.

It's not just this post. Look at his posting history - he's an idiot.
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think the ugly jibes are warranted, however imo she doesn't fit the role.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Nicola. I think its great that she has the confidence to embrace her natural skin colour rather than slapping on the fake tan. She looks and behaves a lot more classier than others we could mention...