Gavin Henson and Katya Virshilas Appreciation

LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
Forum Member
✭✭✭
No thread for them i see

Gavin seems so shy, i wonder how he will be and Katya is good, she did well with Tuffers last year

Comments

• fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are a good match. He seems surprisingly immature and Katya should be good for getting him to man-up.

She studies her partner carefully, has a good sense of humour and is the most dominant of the female pros, so it will depend on Gavin having something to work with. He seems to lack skill and personality, but everyone usually has some good points.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Katya's great! I loved her constant bemused exasperation last year with Phil T, and poor thing seems to be resigned to playing Mummy to a highly awkward Gavin Henson this year :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the training clip, Gavin is no 'natural' like Phil was last year, but he looks like he's prepared to work hard, and I've been impressed with him on 71 Degrees North, which is more his kind of thing.

I was very impressed with Katya last year, especially when she tried to get the talented but lazy wimp that was Phil into the right frame of mind to do the Tango. I just wish she had been allowed to use a Taser to motivate him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SaCYqu7kbk

She seems to be dressing soberly in training so far, probably to help Gavin concentrate on the dancing.

I'd like her to go back to this look though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9g8bEHQU2g&feature=related
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I reckon they may have a little thing together! She is attractive, he gets a hard on quickly, he is single and she will fall for his body as well as the fact that they spend days together. So why wouldn't they get it on? But I have to say she suits blond hair better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Gavin could dance as well as they both look......

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features/galleries/strictly-come-dancing-2010-covershoot/10/

I thought I preferred Katya blonde, but she looks super in that photo.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katya looks stunning in those photos and I'm getting used to her hair being dark brown now. Here's hoping Gavin can dance! :D
  • molo flapianmolo flapian Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sending lucky thoughts and good wishes to Gavin & Katya today !

Hope Gavin does himself proud and has great fun doing it too :D
  • ic1maleic1male Posts: 1,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin was well hot tonight. Six pack was very welcome here, ;)
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like this colour on Katya

I am hoping Gavin does well, i think the Tango will be best for Gavin for some reason, he's got the whole macho built for it
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin did well, he has got the rise and fall and the smoothness, and i think by each week he will get better

He seems so shy in the reserved way, very quiet and all that

Kat looked great

I do agree that Kat will get something out of Gavin each week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a convert!!! Used to think that Katya was too bossy and harsh, and that Gavin was just a bit of a fick rugby player - BUT they were superb tonight and I think they're going to be a really exciting pair :):cool::) Well Done Mr Henson - you were fab!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boy did good - from my fave rugby team to my fave performance of the night :) He brought a lot more personality tonight, I really think he is super-shy....Cannot wait to see his Latin next week.........!!

Liked the sparkly welsh rugby badge on his tux too. Great touch..
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin did very well, better than everyone expected!
  • Studio GirlStudio Girl Posts: 2,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another popping in to add congratulations! Had no expectations and wasn't particularly looking forward to this pairing, but I really enjoyed their dance - one of my faves of the night. Gavin and Katya showed a good connection on the floor too. Looking forward to seeing more, so good luck to them for next week.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure that result was well earned by Katya.

Great performance and hopefully now Gavin sees that what Katya says works, they will be able to progress faster from now on.
    Gavin is really going to have to go for it to get results in one week.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet another popping in to say what a fabulous job Katya has done over the past couple of weeks. I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw tonight, it was elegant, well-danced and smooth. So well done Katya, she's gone up massively in my estimation tonight, and she looked beautiful, best dressed by far. :)
  • kaloukkalouk Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Gavin and Katya, thought you were great! Looking forward to next week!!!
  • Lola192000Lola192000 Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved how proud Katya was of Gavin! :) Katya is one of my favourite pros, but I admit I had low expectations for Gavin, but it was such a pleasant surprise to see him do so well! I hope he can do as well in the Latin. He has the best teacher for the job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katya must think she has joined Mission Impossible instead of Strictly.

Last year she got a lazy, talented wimp with a gammy knee and this year she has a good looking repressed zombie bodybuilder with a nice smile.

She gets right on it though, and Gavin has responded.

Gavin may have a worse case of what held Matt Dawson back.
    Matt hid behind a cloak of embarassment by making a joke of things, but Lilia got in an acting coach and next week, Matt was freed up and showing how much he was enjoying dancing.

Gavin seems to have a wall of embarassment and tends to just freeze when being coaxed out.

Strange thing is, Strictly and Katya may seem to be something to make him more 'girly', but it actually makes repressed men more manly.

Anyway, enough of the amateur psychology. Gavin has done well so far and they both should be able to build on that. The Salsa is a very difficult dance and Gavin will have to get as loose as a goose - so good luck with that. I'm hoping to be surprised again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin did even better than I'd hoped. I didn't think he could look so at ease on the first night, but he did fantastically. This couple seem to have a strong partnership and I like it, it works. Katya's got more facial expressions out of Gavin than I've seen, well ever, and he looks really intent on learning and doing well. Looking forward to seeing these two progress. I thought they were a treat to watch and belle of the ball was Katya. Peachy :)
  • KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Count me in as a fan - loved their waltz and he seems very sweet.....can see me getting a crush lol! :o:o

Hope he is as good in the latin. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    hello everyone - I posted on my own TCA thread a while back before the shows started that Gavin was my hoped for male to do well.

And in my report on the show which is posted on TCA, I could barely contain my excitement that he did so well.

Really well done Gavin and Katya - was so thrilled for them both!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin on 71 Degrees North tonight.
    Enjoying that show. Joe's my favourite but Gavin's a very close second :)

Hope training is going well this week.
    Looking forward to seeing Latin Gavin unleashed :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bumping to see if there's any news or tweets
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bumping to see if there's any news or tweets

Gavin & Katya will be on ITT tomorrow night :)