Klopp leaving

WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, it seems that Herr Klopp may be available soon. Press conference scheduled for 12.30 today. Where will he end up?

My money's on City but hope Arsene moves upstairs to make way for him at Arsenal.

Comments

• misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    City should try and get him.
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps R Madrid?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some reports are saying his taking a sabbatical.

Not the worst thing to do. Take a year out and have a break like Pep did.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just mentioned this in the other thread!

Tuchel to replace him at Dortmund it seems.

He genuinely wants a bit of break apparently, so I don't think he will take another job in quick fashion, but you never know in this game.

He could do a Sammer and after a break, go to Bayern if Pep moves on.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be a bit of a mess for City I suppose - they'll certainly want Klopp or Guardiola, but with neither of them likely available for the next year, do they allow Pellegrini one more year or bring in an interim manager and possibly accept another trophy-less season?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this season really would of taken a lot out of Klopp. Why rush into another job? He has the luxury of being able to get away from the game and re-assess.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll go open a craft beer/moustache wax emporium.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Reckon he'll take a break away from the game the way Pep did and come back to manage Arsenal when Wenger moves upstairs.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon he will be Arsenal bound eventually.
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Not sure he will wait for another 2 seasons after this when Wenger's contract is up.
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    the Real Madrid job will almost certainly be available this summer, and possibly Barca too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't see him going Madrid. He likes to build his own side and have time to do it.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sunderland and QPR jobs will likely be available, this summer.

Perhaps he has a penchant for underwhelming, struggling Premier League sides. He tried to emulate it at Dortmund, this season. However, the players just proved to be too good.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    id like to see him at city
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,929
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at City in the summer always thought he would replace Wenger at Arsenal but Wenger isn't going anywhere any time soon.
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't want to see him at City or any other petrodollar club, to be honest.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to see him at City or any other petrodollar club, to be honest.

Same here.

I've always thought he might go to Arsenal, although I don't see Wenger going any time soon.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,596
    Forum Member
    Wenger has a contract until 2017, & Wenger will want to see out 20 years at Arsenal, which comes up Autumn 2016.

Klopp will go to either City or Real Madrid, with Real being the most likely.
  • Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously a very talented coach and will have his pick of the jobs but i think he could find it quite hard to get a suitable job.

The obvious teams like Real or City will give him the money to go to the level above Dortmund but they will want immediate results. Teams slightly lower down will give him time but then he would only be replicating what he achieved in Germany. He has to choose carefully, if he is a success next he will be up with the best, if he fails he could be just another one hit wonder who did something brilliant at Dortmund but couldn't translate it elsewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps he could go to Bayern if Pep leaves them?

It is not as if someone with strong ties to Dortmund cannot make the move there, look at a few of their players, and also there is Sammer, so he would fit in quite well there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is not as if someone with strong ties to Dortmund cannot make the move there, look at a few of their players, and also there is Sammer, so he would fit in quite well there.

Cant see him wanting to alienate Dortmund fans and what he achieved there by going directly to their big rivals without at least a couple of clubs in between.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just mentioned this in the other thread!

Tuchel to replace him at Dortmund it seems.

He genuinely wants a bit of break apparently, so I don't think he will take another job in quick fashion, but you never know in this game.

He could do a Sammer and after a break, go to Bayern if Pep moves on.

Twice in this thread, once in the other.

Somebody's looking for acknowledgment....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant see him wanting to alienate Dortmund fans and what he achieved there by going directly to their big rivals without at least a couple of clubs in between.

Perhaps not, but the opportunity to manage Bayern doesn't come around all that often for a manager, so the timing might be at its best at this time,rather than later on in his career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twice in this thread, once in the other.

Somebody's looking for acknowledgment....

No, I am not (acknowledgement for what anyway??), I am just wondering where he will end up, just like everyone else.

Perhaps both threads should be merged to save with any possible overlapping?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps not, but the opportunity to manage Bayern doesn't come around all that often for a manager, so the timing might be at its best at this time,rather than later on in his career.

I'm not sure how, given that there is no vacancy at Bayern right now and if he is taking a year off anyway no one knows whether the job would be available then either? I don't quite understand?

He will have his pick of big jobs but no one can say what they will be in a years time. Even if he was going to manage next season it would be a fair bit of guesswork still with City and Real perhaps being the most obvious.