4OD Having Issues on Now TV

mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Trying to watch a programme 'Virtually Famous' on the app, I get the first part okay, then I get 6 adverts, followed by a sponsored ad before it pauses for a couple of seconds, and then gives me a message saying that the content is unavailable. This has happened on twice on different programmes. Anyone else getting this?

Comments

• chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Yes, and I reported it to C4 last week (but feel free to report it yourself, it might bump it up the priority list).

A workaround is to press the back button when the ad break starts, and then go straight back into the programme. You'll get a different set of adverts followed by the next section. Repeat for each break.
  • mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed when adverts start, it says 1 of 2 advertisements and I get 6. Issue sent to tech team.
  • ClusterbombedClusterbombed Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    It's a known bug on not just the NowTV box, but also Youview and the 4OD website. So annoying, in fact, that I refuse to use 4OD!
    Forum Member
    It's a known bug on not just the NowTV box, but also Youview and the 4OD website. So annoying, in fact, that I refuse to use 4OD!

The server probably needs a reboot. A while back I could watch one programme, and then the entire service would fail to find content. It has been gradually getting worse. Even my backing out trick wasn't working consistently today.
    Forum Member
    C4 have finally acknowledged there is a problem. Hopefully that means it'll be sorted soon.
  • mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time! Was getting fed up catching up with half a programme. :)