One Direction have no chance of winning now they have been lumbered with Robbie!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,200
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After that awful mess that was the duet with Olly last year, surely this will push One Direction into third place!

I'm extremely suprised that they have chosen Robbie...again. Have they seriously got nobody else to turn to? He is well passed it, and will bring absolutely nothing to a performance with One Direction.

Poor ickle mites!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One D should have got the Saturdays or if they thought a girl band wouldnt work, at least someone more current that teenyboppers like such as Mcfly
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    One Direction have very little chance of winning anyway - and it doesn't matter one way or another as Simon will give them a contract whatever happens.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it will affect the twitter and facebook army fans who will still vote but it could affect the floating voter. I just don't understand Cowell who I was convinced wanted them to win. Now I am not so sure
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I don't think it will affect the twitter and facebook army fans who will still vote but it could affect the floating voter. I just don't understand Cowell who I was convinced wanted them to win. Now I am not so sure

He doesnt care who wins.

He cares about who gets to the final, because that has a direct influence on what he actually cares about, viewing figures.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sure he DOESN'T want One Direction to win so this doesn't surprise me at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Robbie's huge news what with the whole rejoining Take That fiasco. He may not be the best singer but, he is quite popular I believe with the public and Take That fans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    If this is true about Robbie and 1D, I disagree.

All the girls around my age older and younger go wild for 1D, obviously. They also do for Robbie, they all love Robbie.

Also read somewhere the a lot of mums are 1D fans and I know a lot of mums love Robbie too.

And finally there are many young boys who are 1D fans and also love Robbie.

Just because a few DS forum members dislike Robbie, doesn't necessarily mean the whole world does.

Therefore, they will still be receiving the same votes.

Its fair to say Robbie can be slightly OTT and last year with Olly wasn't exactly brilliant, it was still enjoyable.

Personally, I'm looking forward to 1D and Robbie (depending if its true). I'm not expecting it to be world class, but expect the unexpected. :)
  • LMAOLMAO Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOLOLOL @ Robbie, thats classic....I guess it would have showed up Wand Erection to have a guest that could actually sing, Robbie might make them look good in comparison. :D
  • SCUSASCUSA Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the unlying premis that Robbie is an aweful choice by Simon & frankly an irresponsible choice. He is terrible fit for 1D for so many reasons- not the least of which is the fact that he symbolized the sort of (put your self first- who cares if you screw your bandmates, almost anti- what a boyband should be), which is opposite of how 1 Direction has been portrayed or what they should try to emulate. To be honest they would be better off just performing a contestants choice song on their own instead. (Take the independent route!)

But even though he could be a disaster, they could still win. Because the under 18 crowd & the moms (in their 30s & 40s) will probably vote for them regardless of who they perform a duet with. A lot will depend on if they are in the Finals against Matt or Rebecca. I think they would have a good chance at beating Matt, However, If they are in the finals with Rebecca it could be tough. A think in General more of Rebecca's support would transfer to 1D rather than Cher/Matt.

(So If and when Rebecca were to leave & how many voters "transfer to remaining acts, will certainly have a big impact.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wants Rebecca to win so Cheryl can have the hat trick. Quite obvious I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO wrote: »
    LOLOLOL @ Robbie, thats classic....I guess it would have showed up Wand Erection to have a guest that could actually sing, Robbie might make them look good in comparison. :D
    That's not hard :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    It's like two polars.

Robbie appeals to adult women and One Direction appeal to kids. It's a no win situation...
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should be singing with Orville (if he's still around!) :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I think one direction and Robbie will sing an old Take That song that Robbie had a lead in, possibly Everything Changes???
    Forum Member
    I think one direction and Robbie will sing an old Take That song that Robbie had a lead in, possibly Everything Changes???

I can see "Never Forget" being done, with the helping hand from the 25 members of One Direction featuring Robbie Williams.

They should really do a like-for-like performance of Do What U Like, though.
  • Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    Who cares? One Direction will get the same amount of votes from the same horny adolescent girls and the same older mothering types who think they're 'cute'. One Direction shouldn't have gotten to the final, much less anything else.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    It's like two polars.

Robbie appeals to adult women and One Direction appeal to kids. It's a no win situation...

Or win win

Kids will vote for OD regardless, Robbie's presence could persuade adult women too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction are now 3rd favourites with the bookies.... and in the next few days i think they could fall into 4th favourite. Not looking good...

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/tv/x-factor/winning-act
    Forum Member
    Or win win

Kids will vote for OD regardless, Robbie's presence could persuade adult women too

Some older women may vote for One Direction because they're "cute" as well, so perhaps there's going to be some truth in that *shudder*
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    charlie x wrote: »
    One Direction are now 3rd favourites with the bookies.... and in the next few days i think they could fall into 4th favourite. Not looking good...

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/tv/x-factor/winning-act

There's no way of them falling to 4th... Cher is behind the top 3 by so much that I would say unless one of them is revealed to be a killer or something there is no chance of her not being the rank outsider
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,550
    Forum Member
    Oh dear...I can't stand Robbie ....I feel sorry for the lads getting lumbered with him.

I like one Direction so it is a pity they will be spoiling them by putting Robbie with them....

Can't bear to see that man on my telly! :(
    Forum Member
    There's something quite concerning about some one who looks like they are high on Ecstasy performing with a bunch of innocent 12 year olds :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    He wants Rebecca to win so Cheryl can have the hat trick. Quite obvious I think.

i agree i think he just wanted to get one direction into the finals
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predicted on here a few weeks ago that One Direction would perform with Take That, so I'm really pleased with the fact that Robbie's performing with them. I think it's logical providing Take That's popularity (largely to do with Robbie's rejoining the band) at the moment - they do, afterall, currently have the number one album in the country and have done for the past three weeks Not forgetting the very small fact that their tour completely sold out in one day.

No - I think this only increases their chances of winning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Simon doing this!? He is going to ruin the little chance 1D have. They have to win and not bland Matt and boring Rebecca.