World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XVIII (Spoilers)

Comments

• QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    Whats up with Nash? His slow speech and lack of charisma are killing me!

He's 52 years old, hasn't been relevent in the industry for 15 years, and can't keep up with Punk on the mic.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    A few people reckon the "What" chants have knocked him off his rhythm.
  • LuigiRavioliLuigiRavioli Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    They couldnt have brought someone back who still got some energy in them? :o The "Whats"? Hopefully its just that he hasnt been infront of a crowd that big in a while and he'll improve.... :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    A few people reckon the "What" chants have knocked him off his rhythm.

I thought that last week when Nash was doing his first promo, he seemed very flustered when they started. I just wonder whether he was expecting to come back to more of a welcoming reception than he has. Perhaps they underestimated how many fans were agreeing with what Punk has been saying of late.
  • ROONEY_10ROONEY_10 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:Cena New no1 contender, isnt about time that vince realises that not just kids and desperate housewives watch the WWE:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • ROONEY_10ROONEY_10 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    just looked at wiki, he is 34, guess retirement is a long way off
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rock vs. John Cena - Not for the WWE championship. I really hope the prospect of it being for the title is a platform for The Rock to screw Cena out of the title down the line. The match being for the title is not only unecessary, but it makes the match more predictable and it takes away another big match being for the WWE championship.

WWE Championship: Punk vs. Jericho (c) - There's rumours that Jericho has pitched an idea for a WM program with Punk. This could be a great idea asPunk hasn't really had a "WM moment" in his career...a title match with Jericho would be just that...with Punk going over of course! I can easily see Punk winning the Rumble this year, meaning Jericho can return and win the title somehow. However realistically I strongly doubt this match would be for the WWE title, if it were indeed to take place

World Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Bryan vs. Christian (c) - Wishful thinking here. Seriously doubt this will actually happen. Christian wins WHC heels it up big time, Bryan comes out announces he will cash in against him at WM. Give it 20 minutes and these guys will put on a wrestling clinic. It isn't a draw but it doesn't have to be. Rock/Cena will give WWE the buyrates. They should use the rest of the card to experiment somewhat. It could easily be Bryan/Orton but I predict Orton will be involved in something else...

Orton vs. The Undertaker - Rematch from WM21, but in reality the dynamics of the match couldn't be any different. Orton is no longer the cocky heel, he is now superman, and it's likely this will be Taker's last match. Unless he is skipping this WM due to Rock/Cena being the big marquee match. Taker said he wants to lose his streak... could Orton be the guy? I don't like it but the match itself should be a good one, as Orton usually steps up his game if he is wrestling Veterans.

Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal- Obligatory celebrity match, once again involving Big Show...very vague rumours, but it could be interesting I suppose.

They're the five big matches that I predict will happen (with a tablespoon of wishful thinking) at this year's WM....now the undercard will be a bit tricky to even get my head round.

Cruiser-weight Open - There's been talk of the prospect of reviving the Cruiser-weight division, thus this would be an ideal way to A) include a lot of talent. B) get the show off to a very good start.

WWE Divas Championship: Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Kharma - This is a tad far-fetched seeing as we aren't even 100% sure that Kharma is returning/ when she is returning. A heel Beth could be Champion I guess...even though Kharma being face doesn't really make sense? Well this is what yo get when you predict a card 8 months in advance :D

Mid-Card mash-up, afterthought/ 8 man tag crap.- Mid -card filler now that MITB has its own PPV (don't agree with that at all MITB is a WM match. Pure and simple.)

The Miz vs. HHH (?) - Yeah this a really wild guess...but just as I was going to post the reply it dawned on me that HHH must be involved somehow... I'd like to see this match. It would give Miz a huge rub and It would make sense story-wise as Miz has been constantly moaning about the new establishment. Assuming HHH will even have his COO position at this point is highly questionable, given the current storyline at the moment with Nash/Punk/Johnny Ace.

There are some anomalies with this, such as ADR's omission as well many others no doubt. And then there's the obvious point of the event being 8 MONTHS away, so anything can happen, especially in the WWE! :D
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Don't WHAT me!"

:D

Brilliant R-Truth.
  • glordmonkeyglordmonkey Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As per usual with WWE, and episode in which they promise so much, doesn't live up close to expectations.

Now that Randy Boreton is champion AGAIN on SD, I dont know I'll be watching!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orton is fantastic at the moment. His matches in the last 2 calendar years have eclipsed anything he has ever done. Horses for courses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night was a good show, but maybe its because my wrestling interest in waning but i was just bored stupid with the whole thing!

I called the finish of the Cena/Punk match the moment HHH announced it, even when Nash was in a supposed car crash.
    Cena is annoying the life out of me, hes good at what he does but my god is his character boring as sh!t!

And Miz as a tag team wrestler again just really bugs me too, the guy busts his ass in and out the ring and he gets pushed back into a tag team? And more than likely a fued with 2 mid carders! I like Bourne and Kingston but Miz should be above them in the pecking order.

Im normally fairly positive about the product but I just think the WWE have went back to normality after that month or two of captivating TV, and sadly im just not happy with WWE normality. Thinking of giving wrestling as a whole a miss at least until Royal Rumble.

Anyone else just feel really indifferent to the product now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of times i've seen 'im going to stop watching WWE for a few years/months/weeks...' is becoming quite frequent.

It'd be totally cool if it was legitimate though. As the next week, these persons tend to be reviewing a show again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    The amount of times i've seen 'im going to stop watching WWE for a few years/months/weeks...' is becoming quite frequent.

It'd be totally cool if it was legitimate though. As the next week, these persons tend to be reviewing a show again.

Yeah if your going to comment on my post do so, dont do it in a bitchy side manner way. If you dont agree fine but no need to be an ass about it.

And for your information, i have never before said i was going to stop watching the WWE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, i'm one of those people.

On our way to SD! Roaaaaaaaaaaad-Trip!
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Raw, my interest has been renewed since Punk went on his "shooting" rampage in June. Miz working in a team again doesn't bother me, his alliance with Truth is extremely entertaining. He needs something to do while Del Rio, Punk and Cena meet in a number of PPV combinations. If I remember correctly a number of headline guys moved back and forth into the tag division.

As for the Wrestlemania predictions, I hear the rumours of Austin or Triple H vs. Punk. But I think it should be Miz vs. Punk come the big show. The PPV already has one dream match/guaranteed draw; better to look to the future with a match involving two of the most over people on the WWE roster IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »
    As for the Wrestlemania predictions, I hear the rumours of Austin or Triple H vs. Punk. But I think it should be Miz vs. Punk come the big show. The PPV already has one dream match/guaranteed draw; better to look to the future with a match involving two of the most over people on the WWE roster IMO.

HHH vs. Punk is rumoured for Survivor Series, and I seriously doubt Punk vs. Austin would happen at this years WM. Austin wouldn't want to be playing second fiddle to the Rock. He would undoubtedly want to be headlining the show after being out of action since 2003. On top of that WM paychecks for Austin and Rock would be pretty ridiculous I'm sure, despite the fact that Buyrates would go through the roof. Saying that I can definitely see Punk vs Austin being the marquee match for WM29!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Punk vs Austin makes more sense when Punk is playing up to his straight edge gimmick more. The straight edge superstar CM Punk vs the beer swilling Steve Austin is much more interesting than Rebellious CM Punk vs Rebellious Steve Austin, I don't really see what they have to feud over at the moment.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The WWE crew member that Kevin Nash shook hands with backstage on RAW as he was walking down the hallway was Cal Cole, son of WWE broadcaster Michael Cole.

Also Maryse is having her abdominal hernias repaired tomorrow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought last nights raw was pretty decent although the ending was a bit predictable that Nash would turn up and the the car accident was just a rouse.

I can see Punk v Nash happening at NoC just because HHH kept saying that Nash didn't work here and commentrary were ramming it home -- therefore Nash resigned as a wrestler (sorry superstar;) with Laranitis with / without HHH knowing

My favourite moment of last night (and maybe the year so far) was that fan throwing Cena's shirt back into the ring twice with Punk mocking that they kept his shirt:D:D
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes WWE just can't win with people, yes the ending was predictable but too many focus on that rather than what will happen next. Everything is pointing to JL being the man who sent the text (chances are he is the GM) but the swerve is its someone else.

Then we come to The Miz, I do wonder what others have in mind for him... send him to Smackdown where he'll just be playing second fiddle. I actually like him teaming with Truth for several reasons, one it plays into the whole Miz being pushed off Raw and finding one person who makes sense to him. I don't see how Miz being in tag wrestling pushes him down, if anything it keeps him relevant and easy to push up when the time is needed. Worked wonders for Jericho for a large time in his WWE career.
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    I think Punk vs Austin makes more sense when Punk is playing up to his straight edge gimmick more. The straight edge superstar CM Punk vs the beer swilling Steve Austin is much more interesting than Rebellious CM Punk vs Rebellious Steve Austin, I don't really see what they have to feud over at the moment.
    Agree with that.

Any Punk/Austin feud would be good but having a heel straightedge Punk against a face beer drinking Austin would be immense. And it would be silly to turn Punk heel again anytime soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    wow raw got a 2.97 rating in america last night so i expect some drastic hotshot booking next week now i just hope they don't cut the legs off adr title reign as i think they might blame him and also punks feud with hhh will probs be seen as punk can't draw which is wrong the big problems in wwe are that they don't build the midcard just look at swagger last night 2 minute match with riley is not going to get them over where as in the attitude era acts even like 2 cool where over and gangrel to so it can be done and i would say it needs to also i think cenas stale so maybe turning him heel will freshen things up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Raw was pretty good the other night, fell asleep originally halfway through, but not because of boredom.

ADR/Cenas opening segment was predictable trash, thank god Punk came out in time to save the segment.

Jo Mo vs Del Rio was pretty good, but ADR is boring me rigid nowadays, showed that Jomo should get a push though.

Truth and Miz where the best thing on Raw, pure gold, two real great workers on the mic.
    Jerry Lawler was getting on my nerves though, i don't see how slamming thier tag teams is going to make them better. Also calling Canada bizzaro land for cheering for Punk, when they cheer for him every week, how often can he say this?

Overall a B for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Having watched Raw I thought it was an enjoyable show even though I could see the twist at the end a mile off and I'm sure most of you did too.

It makes perfect sense though, clearly from last week's show they were building for Alberto Del Rio v John Cena and CM Punk v Kevin Nash matches at Night of Champions and the scenario Triple H set up at the top of the programme allowed them to follow through on that. The intervention of John Laurinaitis to swerve Triple H over Nash also drops a massive hint that he's involved in the text conspiracy.

I'm just glad they didn't give the Cena v Punk match a clean finish, they've had three excellent matches now but the beauty of it is that there's not been a decisive winner in any of them; Vince McMahon and John Laurinaitis distracted Cena for Punk to win at Money in the Bank, Triple H blew the count to allow Punk to win at SummerSlam and now Kevin Nash distracted Punk to give Cena the win last night.

So the fans will be hungry for more one-on-one matches between the pair and hopefully after Night of Champions is out of the way, they can face off at Hell in a Cell to conclude their feud. Have Cena win the title at NOC, retain against Del Rio in his return title match on Raw and then have Punk demand his rematch within the Cell.

I've really enjoyed this Cena v Punk feud so I hope they don't just leave it at that with both going off in different directions; it has produced some of the best storytelling in the ring and on the mic we've seen on WWE TV in recent years. It's been both Cena and Punk's best work in a long time. Problem is now that Punk's almost a fully fledged anti-hero face even to casual fans, WWE Creative might not be that keen on continuing a face v face feud.

As for the rest of the show, Del Rio v Morrison had the obvious result and the divas bout was a nothing match desired to put Eve Torres over and give her relevance in the Kelly/Eve v Divas of Doom feud. With that, it was a case of them keeping their cards close to their chest and not rushing the angle with four weeks to the next PPV. Again Jack Swagger v Alex Riley was a rushed contest that didn't mean much as happenings outside the ring distracted from the action in it. I disagree with SteelEdge, rather than seeing this building to a Ziggler face turn, I could see it actually being the more chivalrous Swagger who turns face through this storyline.

I was pleased to see Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne win the WWE Tag Team Championships in a solid match with an exciting finish. Particularly pleased for Evan seeing as it's his first WWE title after over three years with the company. Neither Kofi or Evan are going anywhere in the singles ranks so to put them together (hopefully long-term) to bolster a slowly improving tag division is a really good move.

I've been interested in how Jerry Lawler has been burying Otunga and McGillicutty on commentary, mainly because I don't know where they're going with this (if anywhere). I really hope it's not just a commentary burial for the sake of it, not because I have any love for Otunga and McGillicutty as such, but because I think they could go somewhere with this and use Lawler's comments to make that team relevant.

I really liked the Miz and R-Truth segment. It was funny in places and intriguing in others. I never thought I'd hear myself saying this but I'm really getting into Truth's character, and aligning him with Miz makes sense as it gives Miz something to do and gives more credence to Truth's conspiracy theory angle which until Miz's intervention had been nothing more than an amusing comedy heel gimmick.

It's a storyline that has the potential to be messed up, but if done correctly as a midcard slow burner it could help Miz and R-Truth eventually return to the top of the card as stronger characters by the end of the year once the Cena/Del Rio/Punk title feud has progressed.

A couple of little things: the last time they had a pre-match beatdown as Miz and R-Truth did to Santino Marella before his "match", there was no referee in the ring giving away that the scheduled bout was never going to happen, so I was pleased (for once!) to see John Cone run from the ring to attempt to break it up this time.

And I've been waiting years to see a fan throw Cena's shirt back into the ring ala Boston Red Sox fans throwing baseballs back onto the field whenever an away team hits a home run at Fenway Park. The fans were great last night, they really need to go back to Edmonton and Canada in general more often!
  • Free RadicalFree Radical Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they're going anywhere with Lawler's criticism of Otunga and McGillicutty? If not, it seems a bit random. He's right though, they are bland. Otunga needs to go solo.
This discussion has been closed.