Options

Pobol Y Cwm (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    He looks about 60. No 40 year old bloke would have left his pie and chips like that last week.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    He looks about 60. No 40 year old bloke would have left his pie and chips like that last week.
    LOL Mo :D
    In fact no man ever - whether he`s 20 or 80 would do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    LOL Mo :D
    In fact no man ever - whether he`s 20 or 80 would do that.

I know, but I was suggesting that his appetite may be linked to his sexual prowess which, at age 60, may be on the decline. That's why he can't be 40. As an aside, I'll still be going like a steamhammer when I'm 60, don't worry about that.
  • Options
    frannydfrannyd Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arwyn Davies who plays Mark was born 8 April 1967 which makes him 46 nearly 47.
  • Options
    LateboomerLateboomer Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    What on earth is going on with Gaynor these days? Asking Iolo about stripping at Eileen and Jim's wedding?!?! That's just bizarre...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lateboomer wrote: »
    What on earth is going on with Gaynor these days? Asking Iolo about stripping at Eileen and Jim's wedding?!?! That's just bizarre...

... that's Gaynor! :D

For a while I was really engaged with Gaynor as it looked like she was heading for a breakdown. Now though I haven't got a clue what's going on with her and have lost interest in her completely.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What?:confused: I missed a couple of episodes, but yeah that is insane. Nothing says wedding more than amateur male strippers. What are the writers on?

Gaynor was far more believable when she was abusing Hwyel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »

For a while I was really engaged with Gaynor as it looked like she was heading for a breakdown. Now though I haven't got a clue what's going on with her and have lost interest in her completely.

No this isn't Gaynor at all. Gaynor was many things fun was never really one of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    No this isn't Gaynor at all. Gaynor was many things fun was never really one of them.

No, that was in response ro another poster who said of Gaynor's antics 'that's bizarre.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gaynor is one of soap's sexiest women. Leave her alone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are they doing with Kevin?
    March 18th: Cadno is scared when Kevin refuses to go home and leave her alone. Garry and Sioned come to an agreement over the compensation money, but Garry still blames Sheryl for the whole ordeal.

How has Kevin become a psycopath over night? ^_^ No build up to this behavior at all. Super unbelievable. What has caused him to become a psycopath.

Let me guess its the stroke and it will be all Sioned's fault, and Cadno is super vunerable because she lived with the evil Macs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks sderr. :)
    The Kevin twist seems interesting but that Dani/Sioned stuff sounds woeful.
  • Options
    Forum Member

The look in her eye when she was showing Iolo the leather swatch she wanted for the costume was just creepy, and from the look on Iolo's face he thought so too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry Mo, but Gaynor really was a pretty nasty soap character up until Christmas. Fans are just pointing out the truth, that the current writing for that character is insane.
  • Options
    Forum Member

She's looking for a stripper to replace Colin, Mo. Are you up for the role? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks for the spoilers, sderr :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks sderr. :)
    The Kevin twist seems interesting but that Dani/Sioned stuff sounds woeful.

It really does sound woeful. I know Sioned can be a nasty piece of work. But once again the writers have got this all wrong. If they want us to think she is some sort of super vilian they have failed. She is angry at things that would make anyone angry. She is a bit more nasty than the average person would be, but that the idea that this behavior is beyond the pale is just stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the episodes I missed. The writing for PYC makes my head hurt. I was joking when I said they would bring Macs in the Kevin storyline, then I watched yesterdays episode and they are. All the talk yesterday about Macs and now Kevin and Cadno... Why just why. As bad as the storyline about Macs and the sti was and still is, at least I believed his reasons for not telling people. He didn't just wake up one day and say today I am going to be a psychopath and intentionally spread an sti. That's what they have done to Kevin just made him a pyscho overnight. There was no build up to his raping Sheryl. For months they played it like he thought he had consent. Now they have changed even that and he has a violence problem.

Also, I just loved they way they had Megan bring Gethin into her home and parade him in front of all of her valuables. That's most interesting thing they can do with Gethin have him steal something? There is nothing with that character's backstory that they can write about other than another petty theft? I suppose since nothing interesting has ever happened to Gethin.... they have few options.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's looking for a stripper to replace Colin, Mo. Are you up for the role? :p

I think I could probably make myself available. I would be entirely in Gaynor's hands.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    Everyone Who Loves POBOL Y CWM read this!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-26455264
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »

Yeah I have suspected money problems for a while. Characters have left and not been replaced. The current storylines are very obviously pandering to someone. The bosses at BBC Wales presumably who aren't interested in controversy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the writers have been replaced with monkeys. Yes we did notice the quality had gone downhill.
    How to save more money PYC. Get rid of ....
    Mark
    Debbi
    Gemma
    Sion
    Britt
    Week old bread is less stale than those characters.
    Shame we`d have to lose Ricky in the process though. He`s a great actor for his age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    So the writers have been replaced with monkeys. Yes we did notice the quality had gone downhill.
    How to save more money PYC. Get rid of ....
    Mark
    Debbi
    Gemma
    Sion
    Britt
    Week old bread is less stale than those characters.
    Shame we`d have to lose Ricky in the process though. He`s a great actor for his age.

Actually I think the writers are intentionally pandering to people over at BBC Wales who want to save money by cutting Welsh language programing. For some people I think the only value they see in have a Welsh soap is in promoting the language. So they dumbed it down to be more appropriate for watching in Wesh language classes in school and more appealing for their mostly elderly audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »

That`s a great find welshsarah. Diolch
    I couldn`t find anywhere in that article when the episodes are getting cut back.