Options

Castle Season 6 (UK Pace)

Comments

• Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    I was expecting more....the case wasn't much better - it kept reminding me of, The Devil Wears Prada.

It was supposed to remind you of the Devil Wears Prada, and yes there were hints of Anna Wintour as well.
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I've just watched this weeks episode and I'm sorry but that dress was hideous! *shudder*

Agreed.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    It was supposed to remind you of the Devil Wears Prada, and yes there were hints of Anna Wintour as well.
    I guest that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    I guest that.

Is this something to do with Frances Fisher?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Carrie inspired episode, one I liked too.....and they find 'their song'.

"That gun's not going to be much help when Lucas rips it from your hand with his mind."
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good episode last night. the new story thread with the senator and "lazarus" was quite well done and keeps it interesting and not just about her mother.

Fillion's reduced schedule is really quite evident as well ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great episode this week, with the return of Bracken....and a Guy I had forgotten, Simmons.:o

Beckett speaking Russian - more please.;-) - plus going undercover, even when it does go wrong.

Elena I liked too.:cool:
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member

Given a renewal is certain I presume the 7th season will be the last as he can then contractually walk at the end of it. I can't see him wanting to stay even if they throw loads of cash at him, but the ratings don't really support that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Given a renewal is certain I presume the 7th season will be the last as he can then contractually walk at the end of it. I can't see him wanting to stay even if they throw loads of cash at him, but the ratings don't really support that.

Seventh season confirmed and I am starting to think it should be the last. And cos I am getting soft in my old age I hope they get to wander off into the sunset to live, and fight crime, happily ever after.
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    good episode last night. the new story thread with the senator and "lazarus" was quite well done and keeps it interesting and not just about her mother.

Why is there a reduced schedule ?
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He and ABC had a small spat early in the season. Fillon wanted a 4-day work week and staged a mini strike by not showing up. I think ABC agreed to his demands. Season 7 is most likely the last for Castle (a majority of the cast contracts ends after 7) so with that in mind, I'm pretty sure the producers and writers are aware and will give us a proper finale.
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Thanks Inky Binky :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Crazy one this week - The Way of the Ninja - hugely entertaining....with the Japanese hostess bar scene, classic Castle.:cool:

And we had an extra hot Beckett.;-)
  • Options
    auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Is anyone else still watching this? Just seen the episode 'that 70s show'. This programme really has become a parody of itself. I know series 7 is scheduled but I really hope they put Castle out of its misery and pull the plug sooner.

After the first 3 series were so good, the show has turned to pants.
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    auntiem wrote: »
    Is anyone else still watching this? Just seen the episode 'that 70s show'. This programme really has become a parody of itself. I know series 7 is scheduled but I really hope they put Castle out of its misery and pull the plug sooner.

After the first 3 series were so good, the show has turned to pants.

I'm still watching and thought the 70's episode last week, was quite good and funny
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agree it ran out of ideas after season 3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still watching and thought the 70's episode last week, was quite good and funny

same here - i loved it. i think the quirky episodes are what keeps the show different and fresh. yes they're daft but it still works for me at least. I'll hate the day when it finally ends.
  • Options
    hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind the 70's one, I caught up on it last night. Sometimes you need some silly episodes, I just wish Espo & Lainey would get back together!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not a reduced schedule, there are still 23 episodes this season, like season 4. Yes season 5 had 24 episodes but that did include the 'highlight clips' episode Still. Seasons 2 and 3 both had 24. Apparently the norm is to book 22 and book more as wanted. So let's take what you get.

As for Nathan's reduced schedule I would say that has been pretty obvious in recent UK aired episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    As for Nathan's reduced schedule I would say that has been pretty obvious in recent UK aired episodes.

It's really quite noticeable at the moment. I don't think it detracts a huge amount from the show overall, because i think seeing more of the supporting cast is a good thing, but the danger will be if he wants more time off i suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really quite noticeable at the moment. I don't think it detracts a huge amount from the show overall, because i think seeing more of the supporting cast is a good thing, but the danger will be if he wants more time off i suppose.

Has it not put too much on Stana rather than spread the load amongst the whole cast. So do we get moans from Stana come July about HER workload. Divas what can you do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    OMG did they have to end it that way?! Glad about the dress though! Now have a deeper connection to the show after hearing Beckett get called kitkat :-). Don't want to wait for the next series!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why, but that finale irritated me. I know they can't all be super serious major cliffhangers but it just smacked of them being stuck for a plot after wrapping up Beckett's mothers' murder once and for all in the previous episode.

And that type of story, where ever more absurd plot twists happen to keep it going irritates me as well. I love Castle, but this just irritated the buggery out of me.

It's obvious that the first episode of the new season will have her standing there devastated and you'll either hear a voice from off screen and she turns to see Castle standing there, banged up from having jumped from the car, or she'll be told that he's in the hospital.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current rumour appears to be that they'll be introducing new 'mythology' in Season 7 and the black SUV that seemingly ran Castle off the road will be a part of that.

If it's true, I suppose it confirms that Beckett's mothers' murder storyline is well and truly done for one thing.

I just hope it's something that at least makes a degree of sense. I can't imagine that Castle would have any deep, dark secrets in his past that he's failed to tell Beckett about.
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have always like Castle because of the correct mix of sillyness but with a strong murder storyline. For me the quality has dipped this season and I am finding myself looking at my phone more and more during Castle as for me it is just too silly. Hope it doesn't do what so many US shows do and goes on too long just because it is making money not because of the quality of the show.

PJ