Hollyoaks: John Paul storyline (Part 2)

Comments

• margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read HO won a drama prize : prolific awards? Never heard of it but the DS article says industry people voted. I have no idea what they were on but their brains were addled if they think this is great entertainment.
  • Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    Just read HO won a drama prize : prolific awards? Never heard of it but the DS article says industry people voted. I have no idea what they were on but their brains were addled if they think this is great entertainment.

LOL Maybe BK bought their vote;-):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I just find it ridiculous. I actually think they've been lovely these last two days... so what was even the point of that scene with Sinead? It still makes no sense. It was just written to please a fanbase long gone.
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I haven't seen today's e4 episode, but I am shocked that along with the awful situation of JP living and maybe even sleeping in Finn's bedroom, he has to put up with Finn's cousin slapping him cheekily. It was bad with Lockie, but with Scott it just seems so much worse due to the context :(

Was I the only one who thought about JP's talks to Finn in prison in the trial week when Scott said that he'd 'been through hell' when he was making up info about his fake ex? It's a different word, but JP saying that something being 'awful' (I believe the word he used when talking to Finn) isn't getting a bill etc. being raped is awful. That comment has stayed with me.
    I think the word was devastating.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Francy wrote: »
    Ste isn't worth keeping anyway, hypocritical and ungrateful git.

At this rate Ste is approaching an angel in comparison to mrtango
    Forum Member
    Ste's alive and well according to the snapchat preview, and I'm going to go ahead and say Harry tells him what happened.
    Forum Member
    That moment in the early episode where John Paul told Ste he knew how hard it must be for him was... very moving because he really does. I hope we get longer scenes like that soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That moment in the early episode where John Paul told Ste he knew how hard it must be for him was... very moving because he really does. I hope we get longer scenes like that soon.

Is this the reason JP didn't say anything about what he overheard? Seems to me they are together because they feel sorry to each other. He made a embark some time ago about being each other's carer.
    Forum Member
    The homophobia is terrible but Scott is a terrible blank slate who is just there to please Sinead
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Scott is awful and yet at the moment faintly amusing- mainly because Ste and JP have been so humourless for so long. Hopefully JP can have a little fun soon.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    The homophobia is terrible but Scott is a terrible blank slate who is just there to please Sinead

Scoot seems like Sinead's personal genie there to help her desires come true and strike down anyone who annoys Sinead.
    Forum Member
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Scoot seems like Sinead's personal genie there to help her desires come true and strike down anyone who annoys Sinead.

And that is the whole problem with him
    Plus how he spoke to the kids for clothes advice at school
    He's actually getting close to the most pointless character
  • West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And that is the whole problem with him
    Plus how he spoke to the kids for clothes advice at school
    He's actually getting close to the most pointless character
    He IS the most pointless character. >:(
  • FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, from what Sam on tumblr is hinting, it looks like Ste is going to get with Sinead, and convince himself that he is straight/he'll try to go straight (maybe also as a result of the gay bashing, which was very conveniently timed).

ROTFL

Yay, a delayed sexual identity crises, from someone who had never had this kind of doubts/shame...

WTF are they doing.
    Forum Member
    So, from what Sam on tumblr is hinting, it looks like Ste is going to get with Sinead, and convince himself that he is straight/he'll try to go straight (maybe also as a result of the gay bashing, which was very conveniently timed).

ROTFL

Yay, a delayed sexual identity crises, from someone who had never had this kind of doubts/shame...

WTF are they doing.

Do you have a link for the tumble? Sounds terrible
  • seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't seem like they plan to continue the storyline for too long, at least (Steph saying in recent interviews that she wants a new love interest for Sinead) but why bother with it at all then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have a link for the tumble? Sounds terrible

http://tumblr.iaresam.net/
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member

ROTFL

WTF are they doing.

>:( Seriously? If they try to make a love triangle between JP, Ste, Sinead. I will stop watching. Hopeful Ste being straight gets JP out of that house and away from those characters. If that drives him into Harry's arms, at this point, so be it. I'm so fed up.
    Forum Member

Someone actually blamed JP's disease ridden penis whilst forgetting Ste had the unsafe sex
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone actually blamed JP's disease ridden penis whilst forgetting Ste had the unsafe sex

That someone is one of the most estreme JP haters, so just ignore them!

Sigh. Things aren't improving for JP anytime soon...
    Forum Member
    So what happened today?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From reading the thread it seems JP has told Ste about Harry. People are asking why he would out Harry like this. I don't think Ste identified the student he slept with by name. However JP thinks he has lost Ste which means more grovelling and everything Ste has done forgotten. This going with Sinead maybe just a way to break them up at last. They are flogging a dead horse if they don't realise this couple don't work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From reading the thread it seems JP has told Ste about Harry. People are asking why he would out Harry like this. I don't think Ste identified the student he slept with by name. However JP thinks he has lost Ste which means more grovelling and everything Ste has done forgotten. This going with Sinead maybe just a way to break them up at last. They are flogging a dead horse if they don't realise this couple don't work.

It doesn't work and they need to break up, but after everything I don't accept Ste being the one to finish things with a groveling JP, I just don't, and never will. JP deserves the basic dignity of finally kicking Ste's ass.
    Forum Member
    Saw the episode. Sigh.

James's acting was amazing, though. He is spectacular at portraying those little moments of vulnerability. Kieron was great too (but he's been better). Another reason I don't want them to break up just yet is because I think they act well together, haha.
    Forum Member
    Ended with JP telling Ste to convince him Harry wasn't his attacker
    Sineadis pleased with herself it appears and no Scott