Options

premier league thread

Comments

• Options
    ColjjColjj Posts: 3,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does the quality of nbcsports live games & full match replays compare to the free highlight stuff? Is it the same or better?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coljj wrote: »
    How does the quality of nbcsports live games & full match replays compare to the free highlight stuff? Is it the same or better?

I'd check now but the app seems to have gone from Apple tv for some reason?!

Live streams are amazing though.
  • Options
    jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    akki007 wrote: »
    I'd check now but the app seems to have gone from Apple tv for some reason?!

Live streams are amazing though.
    The app is available on my Apple TV still does not work though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcm193 wrote: »
    The app is available on my Apple TV still does not work though

Hmm. Why would it go from mine??? Something to do with geo location?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, anyone using a VPN router on ATV - if the app disappears, unplug the Ethernet cable and go back to your wifi - the app will appear. Plug ethernet back in and away you go
  • Options
    St@mmieSt@mmie Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, anyone using a VPN router on ATV - if the app disappears, unplug the Ethernet cable and go back to your wifi - the app will appear. Plug ethernet back in and away you go

Do you have your router permanently configured for your VPN or only set it up when the football is on?
    I write this from a position of ignorance as I don't have an ATV and don't set my VPN up in my router (I prefer spending 10 minutes finding the best server when I need the VPN rather than having my connection permanently hampered) but if its the latter have you tried unplugging the ATV when you're not using it or if its the former have you tried rebooting the router?
    It sounds like what you're doing is forcing the ATV to reacquire the VPN server which in theory either of those other steps should do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    St@mmie wrote: »
    Do you have your router permanently configured for your VPN or only set it up when the football is on?
    I write this from a position of ignorance as I don't have an ATV and don't set my VPN up in my router (I prefer spending 10 minutes finding the best server when I need the VPN rather than having my connection permanently hampered) but if its the latter have you tried unplugging the ATV when you're not using it or if its the former have you tried rebooting the router?
    It sounds like what you're doing is forcing the ATV to reacquire the VPN server which in theory either of those other steps should do.

I've got a separate router setup for a nice fast VPN server in the US. Only the Apple TV goes through that router and the connection is set to always on. The odd part is that when I wake the ATV the NBC app isn't there. Everything else is there though. Unplugging the Ethernet makes it appear instantly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried using my ipad as a mobile hotspot turning on my vpn then connecting my apple tv to it sadly it still would not work so i gave up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried using my ipad as a mobile hotspot turning on my vpn then connecting my apple tv to it sadly it still would not work so i gave up

If you've got a laptop you can share the connection through windows
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did try some software called Connectify Hotspot 2015 it creates a personal hotspot i connected my apple tv to this while i had a usa vpn on it still didnt work,i dont know if there are any other option on windows 8.1
    If you've got a laptop you can share the connection through windows
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did try some software called Connectify Hotspot 2015 it creates a personal hotspot i connected my apple tv to this while i had a usa vpn on it still didnt work,i dont know if there are any other option on windows 8.1

Yeah, go into network sharing, properties of the VPN connection and share it over Ethernet. Plug atv into laptop Ethernet. Done.
  • Options
    BMoxBMox Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Unotelly now works with NBC on Apple TV-the Hull/Liverpool replay is now watchable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMox wrote: »
    Unotelly now works with NBC on Apple TV-the Hull/Liverpool replay is now watchable.

Do the DNS services work with all the other us apps? HBO, abc, espn etc etc?
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do the DNS services work with all the other us apps? HBO, abc, espn etc etc?

Yes i use it for hbogo,abc (to watch live you will need a very good vpn), different netflix regions, nbc,cw,fox,fx,disney,foxsports etc.
    Be aware most require a usa tv service login, cw,nbc do not require this, i believe abc has quite a bit of content too that doesn't need a login.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Yes i use it for hbogo,abc (to watch live you will need a very good vpn), different netflix regions, nbc,cw,fox,fx,disney,foxsports etc.
    Be aware most require a usa tv service login, cw,nbc do not require this, i believe abc has quite a bit of content too that doesn't need a login.

I'm using a VPN at the moment to watch all of that. Perfect HD too. Fox sports?? On what app?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm using a VPN at the moment to watch all of that. Perfect HD too. Fox sports?? On what app?

I have the foxsports2go app on firetv works like a dream with smart dns, i don't know if one is available for appletv yet, when i had a appletv 3 the apps i remember were abc, hulu, foxnow, fx, showtime, hbogo,Disney, neflix which all worked with smart dns.
    NBC cw and foxsports are on fire tv although cw and nbc isn't official they're sideloaded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah ok, I thought you were watching fox sports on the Apple tv. I've only just started using the Apple tv for us content because I use a VPN. £10 for a VPN router and All sorted. We get shafted in the uk, there's no content at all.
  • Options
    whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new NBC LIVE EXTRA Roku app is awesome this afternoon.

All 3pm games in HD.

Dave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone else having a mare with NBC on Apple TV? Streams wont load and when they do the city game is chelsea!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah broken
    anyone else having a mare with NBC on Apple TV? Streams wont load and when they do the city game is chelsea!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah broken

glad it aint just me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah ok, I thought you were watching fox sports on the Apple tv. I've only just started using the Apple tv for us content because I use a VPN. £10 for a VPN router and All sorted. We get shafted in the uk, there's no content at all.

True mate this is why for now my appletv is just sitting in a draw lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are rumours that the apple tv 4 will have its own app store you may well see apps like fox sports in that one