UK Roku question - USA Content.

whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi

I have 2 x Roku streaming sticks bought from USA that came set up with all USA APPS etc - and they have worked flawlessly since day 1 - powered by usb ports on the tv's they are on.

However I have 2xtv's that do not have usb ports on them but I want 2 more Roku's for these tv's.

Can I buy a Roku UK Box and set it up as a usa box easily ?

I use Unlocator which has worked flawlessly with the Roku's.

Or do I have to import 2 x usa roku boxes ?

Can I just input my details on a new roku box from my existing account (usa address) and all the apps will copy over onto a new box ?

Sorry for daft questions.

Dave

BTW The nbc live extra app which is now on Roku is awesome this afternoon - all in hd and me and my dad can now watch 2 different matches at same time@ 3pm.

Dave

Comments

• x6461x6461 Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Can I just input my details on a new roku box from my existing account (usa address) and all the apps will copy over onto a new box ?

The above is how Roku works,you can buy a Roku anywhere in the world and link it to your account via the Roku website and it will install all your channels, USA ones in your case as you have a USA account.
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much

I was worried if I bought a UK ROKU that my Amazon Prime Video would not be accessible either as I believe its not on the UK boxes.

Dave
  • gothergother Posts: 14,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought a uk roku1 and can confirm that you can get USA channels on it if your dns/vpn is set up on your router and you have/create a USA roku account.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I'm from Germany and have a UK stick with US content. You only have to reset the stick with a proper Smart DNS or active VPN and a US Roku account.