Who wants to see the X Factor return next year..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
Forum Member
I don't.

I used to love the X Factor back in the Leona era. But this year has been diabolical!! Far to controversial for my liking..

They might as well just call it the Cheryl Cole show. Everything seems to be about her :sleep:

We need something new that doesn't involve Simon Cowell. Or Cheryl Cole for that matter.

Thoughts..

Comments

• teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with the OP! You've semi-literally taken the words right out of my mouth!
  • lizmlizm Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jumped the shark! I cannot watch it or even stomach the people involved in the show.......:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Simply put people need to grow brains.

DO NOT VOTE.

If people didn't vote then 90% of this controversy wouldn't matter as much.

It's more of a soap opera than a contest.

I still like the x factor i dont like the way its manipulated and i hate the way people spend money voting for stuff that doesnt even concern them lol.

I wish the x factor was about finding talent not making money.

I dont care if it comes back next year or not if it does i'll prolly watch it but never vote or buy anything from it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't. I stopped watching properly a few weeks ago and it was great :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do. Don't like it don't watch it and leave it to people who just enjoy it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am in two minds about even watching the final and we have watched the whole lot this year but I am truly sickened by it now, next year as far as I am concerned its not getting watched. If we do there is a new rule in the house that no one votes anymore.

Stuff SC and stuff the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and luckily it will be on next year, with a contract untill 2013 aswell. Yay!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Shame you lot who don't want it back won't have your wishes come true. It's a huge show and, for now, is going nowhere.
  • lizmlizm Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame you lot who don't want it back won't have your wishes come true. It's a huge show and, for now, is going nowhere.

It might be on television but after this year who's going to watch it ?? Car crash television:eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I dont watch it, or vote, then for me its an irrelevance, so it doesnt matter if the show is on or not. Simples.
    Forum Member
    lizm wrote: »
    It might be on television but after this year who's going to watch it ?? Car crash television:eek::eek::eek::eek:

The millions of people who take it for what it is; a television show.

Only 200 people complained about the recent semi-final and Ofcom basically said "go away" to them. Out of the 15 million or so who watched it, that's a tiny amount.

This forums is just a tiny look into the viewers with only a few demographics represented properly here.
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, when there were rumours of a year break, I was happy, as they is what it needs, it needs a break and refresh and not the add more contestants, change the rules whenever they want to, kind of refresh, either.
    Forum Member
    No, when there were rumours of a year break, I was happy, as they is what it needs, it needs a break and refresh and not the add more contestants, change the rules whenever they want to, kind of refresh, either.

I think, like the acts who come from the show, if it took a break it's return would be less well received. X-Factor fans are very fickle (I use that word a lot these days!) and they move on very easily.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how the old series seem so much more popular on DS yet 7.6m watched the series 3 semi-final results. 15.1m watched Sundays controversy ridden results. And that follows from a whole series full of controversy not to mention last years controversies. Then again, if Digital Spy were reflective of public opinion, Must Be The Music would have got brilliant ratings rather than pi*s poor ones.
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped recording it a while back and I'm entirely cool if it stays or goes. It can't help looking a bit stupid when you can see the agenda so clearly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shows like this have a shelf life, it's now gone beyond its shelf life, like BB we may get a few more death throw series but it has had it. No more for me, I'm not going to complain just stop(stopped) viewing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want it back...but in different format, more open and less about the judges.
    And completely sick of the Cowell-Cole lovefest.
  • Charlie123xxxCharlie123xxx Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the way it used to be when it first started.
    I like the funny first rounds .
    It's to much about the judges now.
    I really don't care what they think.
    They should never have the final say when people have been spending money voting.
  • xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    I dont want to see it next year
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    lizm wrote: »
    jumped the shark! I cannot watch it or even stomach the people involved in the show.......:eek:

Me either. I cannot STAND the sight of Cowell or Cole. And Danni and Walsh are heading in the same direction.
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    BRING BACK POP IDOL.

No pointless judges' rivalry or Cheryl Cole, half-decent presenting, text voting... it was just a better all-round show, for me.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    It's funny how the old series seem so much more popular on DS yet 7.6m watched the series 3 semi-final results. 15.1m watched Sundays controversy ridden results. And that follows from a whole series full of controversy not to mention last years controversies.

Controversy always attracts attention, as Cowell well knows. And I think there are other reason for the high viewing figures. It's winter. It's cold. The other channels are boring. People not having the cash to go out and it's a bit of escapism on a Saturday night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As someone who has always loved X factor I must admit I cant be bothered with it any more and it has nothing to do with my fav going as Rebecca still there. But Im at that point now where I dont even care if she does not win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Controversy always attracts attention, as Cowell well knows. And I think there are other reason for the high viewing figures. It's winter. It's cold. The other channels are boring. People not having the cash to go out and it's a bit of escapism on a Saturday night.

So agree

The X factor now is like when your driving down the motorway and see a crash you dont want to look but you do for some reason. But its not fun to watch.
  • George7George7 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bin it for me also. I may watch this year's final, I may not... but one thing's for certain - I definitely won't be voting ever again.