Options

Newcastle United Supporters Thread 2011-12 Season

Comments

• Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    I combed over the NUFCTV website but I do't think they're going to be any official live coverage. The official site might cover it with text commentary but I don't think BBC Newcastle will be covering it.

I'm sure though you'll be able to catch up on the goals on Sky Sports News! :o

oh poo :( Oh well least the season seems so close now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barton scores after 2 minutes

1-0 to us
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best updates I can find right now are on Twitter. :D

Official site hasn't updated text commentary since the 13th Minute.

You're right though I wish there was a bit more coverage on this. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sammy ameobi makes it 2-0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best updates I can find right now are on Twitter. :D

Official site hasn't updated text commentary since the 13th Minute.

You're right though I wish there was a bit more coverage on this. :o

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/15/blog-on-the-tyne-at-the-darlington-match-72703-29058883/

Chronicle doing a good one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like match may have been abandoned because of a pitch invasion :O

Oh they got back on the pitch. Players got taken off the pitch for about 5-10 minutes though. Wish we had radio coverage or tv of this.

It all started by the chanting of 'if sammy scores we're on the pitch' then boom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sunday papers are saying that we have the money to buy another striker and then anymore investments will be from players we sell, which is sort of what I expected anyways.

Krul
    Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique (or some replacement)
    Tiote, Marveaux, Cabaye
    Ben arfa
    Sturridge, Ba

Bench
    Harper, Barton, Gosling, Gutiérrez, S Taylor, Ameobi, Ferguson

I can see it starting something like that. Could have up to 6 new first team starters will be interesting. Hopefully we can get sturridge even if just on loan. Him and Ba up front should be a deadly partnership.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got really excited about runours of Sturridge earlier on, but then I remembered this is transfer window season. We don't have anything solid on Sturridge except rumour. So let's keep our cards close to our chest on that one.

I'm also hearing rumours Erdinc has agreed terms and Wayne Bridge is close to signing!

If that's true, I truly hope we our close to bolstering our attacking options. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I would love to see us get sturridge but can't see chelsea letting him go for anything under about 6 mil although he wouldn't need loads of wages 25 - 30 grand a week should do.

I wouldn't mind seeing wayne bridge as he has experience in the premier league and could be a good squad player if jose does end up leaving ( I hope he doesn't but cant see him staying)

I think if we could get crouch and / or defoe then those 2 players could form a good partnership upfront with Ba.

Another defender I would go for as a squad player would be upson from west ham just for cover really, as steven taylor and williamson both tend to pick up a few injuries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bridge is past it and would be a risk.

Wouldn't mind Upson but we do already have 3 perfectly good center backs. I don't see him settling for a bit part role.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No video stream for tonight but at least we get a radio stream. Unfortuantly it is from the americans :/ haha but better then nothing

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?s=whb-am

Kick off 1.30am
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meh seems like a radio fail. Wish some of our pre-season would be covered. 2 matches and nothing so far
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben Arfa stretchered off after tackle, injury to ankle. For gods sake, hope he is okay
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Apparently it's been 'confirmed as not serious'. Scary few minutes!
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Phew!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    meh seems like a radio fail. Wish some of our pre-season would be covered. 2 matches and nothing so far

Noone's interested in us in pre season any more :p

The last time I remember us being on pre-season, Sky at any rate), Jenas tried that daft penalty that lost us the shootout.

I do believe we're on ESPN for the Leeds game though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noone's interested in us in pre season any more :p

The last time I remember us being on pre-season, Sky at any rate), Jenas tried that daft penalty that lost us the shootout.

I do believe we're on ESPN for the Leeds game though.

They really aren't are they :(:p

Oh hopefully will get to see that one then and if I don't go to the fiorentina game im sure that one will pop up somewhere
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Read something yesterday on twitter.. That our next USA game is being streamed online..

[edit] Just found it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Read something yesterday on twitter.. That our next USA game is being streamed online..

[edit] Just found it

Oh cheers, will be good to get our first glimpse of the team
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »

Highlights of the Darlington game were positive. Cabaye seemed to slot in okay. It was a good workout for Ben Arfa. Which makes it even more of a shame that this inury happened to him. He needs all the games he can get.
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    DIRECT LINK to #NUFC vs @OrlandoCity11 tonight... http://bcove.me/pb3ckkt9
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost 1-0 last night!

Apparently a poor performance too. And I've been reading such a backlash from it as well.

Pish posh!

Yea we could have played better but this is about fitness and match practice, not results. The biggest issue is making sure we keep players fit and worry about injuries which I have to say keep mounting up.

"Orlando Gloom" Pah! I doubt we're losing that much sleep over it. :)
  • Options
    madanglianmadanglian Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see in the aftermath of the trouble at Darlington:
    In order to combat any possible trouble at future away fixtures, a new policy will be implemented by the club which will see ticket sales restricted to Season Ticket Holders and Members only.

... which seems like a lame excuse to get us all to pay for Club Membership. More Ashley greed. There was already a "Supporter Number" system in place, why can't they just tighten that up?

Can't see myself getting to any matches this season :mad:
  • Options
    madanglianmadanglian Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody on here subscribe to NUFC TV?
    Is it worth having?
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    madanglian wrote: »
    Does anybody on here subscribe to NUFC TV?
    Is it worth having?

Just wanted to say thanks though for putting the link from the old thread. :)

In answer to your question - no.