Options

Am I the only person who likes The new Doctor

13»

Comments

• Options
    thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't feel like he's the doctor to me. Matt Smith nailed it from the off - Peter isn't quite doing it for me yet...
  • Options
    marksithmarksith Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Thus far I'm not loving him either. Doesn't have the warmth of a Doctor so far........plenty of time for that to present itself. I find him quite jarring and spiky which maybe is the point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marksith wrote: »
    Thus far I'm not loving him either. Doesn't have the warmth of a Doctor so far........plenty of time for that to present itself. I find him quite jarring and spiky which maybe is the point.

:confused: Has anyone seen William Hartnell's Doctor? This seems to be a common complaint and yet Capaldi has been delightful in comparison to Hartnell on the whole. And this is coming from someone who doesn't remember the original series (ie before the 2005 reboot, I was only 6 when the McGann film was released) and what I have seen from before the reboot has been from the repeats and DVDs released since.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    I love him. And I've read alot of comments from those who don't like Moffat who are warming to the show again because of Capaldi. Of course some will complain. He wont be for everyone. But come on! Capaldi has been very well received generally so no. You're far from alone.

I'm someone who's had many an issue with the Moffat/Matt smith era but i've enjoyed all three episodes and Capaldi's doctor, even though I don't feel entirely used to him yet.

The only issue which I feel is a problem at the moment is that he seems to allow Clara to be the boss of him which is totally at odd's with the rest of his portrayal of this incarnation, and it's often like the show is saying she is more important than him, when we should be in no doubt he is the ultimate authority. Hope this won't be the case in future episodes though.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm oddly enjoying the uncertainty about 12. I hope not to know who he is before he does.
  • Options
    King_MrhKing_Mrh Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really enjoying this Doctor. It's good to have a very different take on the character, I also don't mind if he stays grumpy. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I'm someone who's had many an issue with the Moffat/Matt smith era but i've enjoyed all three episodes and Capaldi's doctor, even though I don't feel entirely used to him yet.

The only issue which I feel is a problem at the moment is that he seems to allow Clara to be the boss of him which is totally at odd's with the rest of his portrayal of this incarnation, and it's often like the show is saying she is more important than him, when we should be in no doubt he is the ultimate authority. Hope this won't be the case in future episodes though

I agree with the part I bolded.
    I am loving Capaldi as Doctor Who, I think he is a wicked awesome actor and is doing a great job.

Although I like Clara for the most part I am hating that the writing is allowing her to be sort of the "the smart one and bossy" I really want way more Doctor-in-control writing.
    Really, seeing the Doctor being the brilliant alien who continually saves the day is the biggest reason I actually watch the show. I personally prefer the Doctor to be front and center and in control.
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I've not seen anyone dislike Peter yet. Mind you, I've only read the first few comments in this thread! But everywhere else I've only seen praise.

Has all the characteristics of a fantastic Doctor and we've not even seen much of him yet! I love his sarcastic wit, as well as his more serious/cynical nature.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    me myb wrote: »
    I agree with the part I bolded.
    I am loving Capaldi as Doctor Who, I think he is a wicked awesome actor and is doing a great job.

Although I like Clara for the most part I am hating that the writing is allowing her to be sort of the "the smart one and bossy" I really want way more Doctor-in-control writing.
    Really, seeing the Doctor being the brilliant alien who continually saves the day is the biggest reason I actually watch the show. I personally prefer the Doctor to be front and center and in control.
    :)

Well, he's still playing that role, even if he's indulging himself in more intellectual pursuits and leaving the plot exposition to Clara. I think it's a reasonable division of labour.