Am really enjoying Sarah Jane Adventures on BBC 3

2»

Comments

• chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's an excellent episode. Jane Asher is brilliant in it.

SJA is good stuff. My only gripe about it is that it looks so BARE. There are never any extras or supporting actors. SJ's wedding was very skimpily attended. I presume it's to save on the budget, but it makes everything look empty and bare.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »

Thank you :)
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

Yes, it's a fantastic piece of TV. Really, really good, a sort of 'Blink' equivalent for TSJA. If no-one had ever watched it before it would be the one story that I would recommend.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Have they repeated the Gorgon yet? That one scared my mother and she's 70 :eek:
    Just this Sunday. I did enjoy it, quite compelling. I don't think they try too hard to live up to DW tradition. Just good stroy telling.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

SJA is good stuff. My only gripe about it is that it looks so BARE. There are never any extras or supporting actors. SJ's wedding was very skimpily attended. I presume it's to save on the budget, but it makes everything look empty and bare.

I'm not sure that the wedding was wrong in that respect. Sarah Jane doesn't seem to have any adult friends and I think no living relatives. Of course her groom wasn't what he claimed to be either - the wedding was supposed to look "odd".
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am missing it already.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    As an avid 'WHO' fan, I confess to never watching this series first time round. But last week I had a lie-in and switched the TV on (in bed) and skipped through to CBBC and lo and behold - two episodes of Sarah Jane! I thoroughly enjoyed it......must try to catch it again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    I'm not sure that the wedding was wrong in that respect. Sarah Jane doesn't seem to have any adult friends and I think no living relatives. Of course her groom wasn't what he claimed to be either - the wedding was supposed to look "odd".

I gree...in this instant less people made sense....and if I am honest then I was quite suprised at the amopint that turned up:o....because as you say SJS is the kind of person who goes looking for friends...and doesn't seem to have any surviving relatives.....there was no one on Peter's side, no one from Unit...so the amount that turned up was a suprise.