Options

Sky Sports Masters Golf - No DOG?

Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
Forum Member
I know it's petty, but anyone noticed that during Masters coverage there is no DOG?

I wonder if it was a condition for them showing it, and I didn't realise the BBC were broadcasting it as well....

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    5 years on and still no DOG on this event..... Looking at other worldwide channels they seem to be the same.

And yes I know I'm dragging up a 5 year old thread but it's my thread lol
  • Options
    PatrickBateman1PatrickBateman1 Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Deutschland had a DOG and regular onscreen adverts or Werbung as they would call it. Sky UK chose not to have a DOG, they weren't forced to as part of their contract. Also I have seen on some news reports about the golf that the Sky Sports 4 DOG was present.
  • Options
    The Big RobertoThe Big Roberto Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Just a shame about the lack of 5.1 but, otherwise perfect.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Sky doesn't have one on because there are constant graphics clashes and the channel logo can block its clear view so they sometimes remove it and for some events, don't have one at all.
    They could easily have put it at the bottom of the screen though so.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Sky doesn't have one on because there are constant graphics clashes and the channel logo can block its clear view so they sometimes remove it and for some events, don't have one at all.
    They could easily have put it at the bottom of the screen though so.....

They seem to have no issues shrinking it for the NFL football though so you'd have thought they'd have done that...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They seem to have no issues shrinking it for the NFL football though so you'd have thought they'd have done that...

I was gonna say that too but, i forgot :D
    Been a long day......

But gain, they can easily move it to the bottom of the screen for NFL. Instead they make it smaller and put it in a very daft place onscreen.
    Sky have for years boggled my mind with their channel-logo placements for things where they are clear graphics clashes.
    Most of the issues they have would be solved by just making the logo smaller.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FWIW I prefer the mini DOG during NFL. I wish they used that all the time.

Then again, look how long it took them to take the SD DOGs out of the 4:3 safe area. On Sky Sports it seemed to change back and forth repeatedly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FWIW I prefer the mini DOG during NFL. I wish they used that all the time.

Then again, look how long it took them to take the SD DOGs out of the 4:3 safe area. On Sky Sports it seemed to change back and forth repeatedly.

The SD channels logo is now always 16:9 and has been for a good while.
    They were messing with them for a bit but got the hint to leave them alone after people were complaining. (And rightly so)
    And yes, i too with they'd use the smaller ones exclusively but, Sky has a thing for over-sozed logos!
    Look at the huge mess they had on screen for the Ryder Cup..
    SKY SPORTS RYDER CUP HD came into almost halfway across the screen.
    That IMHO was a shambles!