Options

4GEE speed

2»

Comments

• Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Well, just "moved" to EE. £46, 3Gb, 10% Orange loyalty discount carries over!
    The guy said I might have a temporary number for up to 2 days :eek:
    Anyone know if calls from your main number can be diverted to the temporary one?
  • Options
    daleski75daleski75 Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Anyone know if calls from your main number can be diverted to the temporary one?

How did you manage to get the loyalty discount still?
    Yeah you can divert to a new number even if it's temporary
  • Options
    paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Devon, What is/ was your Orange /EE situation? I have a t-mobile iphone 5 with a recently started 24month contract and they say that I cant move over till Wednesday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    paulker wrote: »
    Devon, What is/ was your Orange /EE situation? I have a t-mobile iphone 5 with a recently started 24month contract and they say that I cant move over till Wednesday.

Hello mate. When did you sign up?
    If it was before the 30th October (I ordered my iPhone 5 on release day) then you can move whenever.
    If it was after this then different rules apply but I can't remember what they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    daleski75 wrote: »
    How did you manage to get the loyalty discount still?
    Yeah you can divert to a new number even if it's temporary

Dunno, just asked the guy and he sounded fairly certain it would be retained. If it turns out not to be the case I shall be very miffed and telephone calls will ensue until I get it.
    I haven't been with Orange for 16 years on the same account for nothing. All hell will break loose if I lose it that's for sure.
    I'll fire off an email to Olaf which nearly always guarantees an Immediate call back from high level CS.
  • Options
    paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello mate. When did you sign up?
    If it was before the 30th October (I ordered my iPhone 5 on release day) then you can move whenever.
    If it was after this then different rules apply but I can't remember what they are.

I upgraded to the iphone 5 on launch day and they said I cant move over to EE till Wednesday. I called again this morning to ask. Devon, what is Olafs email address. PM it if you dont want to put it on the board.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I upgraded to the iphone 5 on launch day and they said I cant move over to EE till Wednesday. I called again this morning to ask. Devon, what is Olafs email address. PM it if you dont want to put it on the board.

Strange! As I said, I did the same. The guy just now just signed me up right away. SIM coming in a few days.
    They are still a bit up in the air though. Some CS staff know about it. Some don't it seems.
    PM sent.
  • Options
    davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I upgraded to EE and have had my sim since last Sat mate and I got my iPhone 5 on launch day too. Someone is having you on!

I got that too Devon mate. I've just kept using my Orange sim and I'll pop the T-mobile 1 in on Tuesday :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davybhoy wrote: »
    I upgraded to EE and have had my sim since last Sat mate and I got my iPhone 5 on launch day too. Someone is having you on!

I got that too Devon mate. I've just kept using my Orange sim and I'll pop the T-mobile 1 in on Tuesday :)

T-Mobile? Don't you mean EE?
    Oh ok, so it's just like normal then. You keep using the Orange sim until it stops working and then swap.
  • Options
    carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daleski75 wrote: »
    ... I can catch up on tv on my lunch break, download apps, and watch higher quality video's without buffering..

What sort of quality do you mean? 720 & 1080p HD? What size of screen are people using that they can notice a significant difference with HD videos on a phone?
  • Options
    carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    One word;

Tethering.

4G will be great for people on the move who use laptops or tablets for work. Connecting to your company network via VPN over 4G from anywhere will be a massive boon to a lot of people...

Until they see all their profits disappear in data charges. ;)
  • Options
    daleski75daleski75 Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sort of quality do you mean? 720 & 1080p HD? What size of screen are people using that they can notice a significant difference with HD videos on a phone?

it would be 720p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T-Mobile? Don't you mean EE?
    Oh ok, so it's just like normal then. You keep using the Orange sim until it stops working and then swap.

Yeah I did. No idea why on earth I would have written that lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davybhoy wrote: »
    Yeah I did. No idea why on earth I would have written that lol

Well turns out you were right. Changed today only to find out loads of people are having problems porting from Orange.
    EE it turns out is hosted on T-Mobiles infrastructure so it seems you have to move to T-Mobile first and this is causing problems.
    Is your orange sim still working?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well turns out you were right. Changed today only to find out loads of people are having problems porting from Orange.
    EE it turns out is hosted on T-Mobiles infrastructure so it seems you have to move to T-Mobile first and this is causing problems.
    Is your orange sim still working?

It sure is mate. I had to ring up on Sunday morning as the wee leaflet supplied with the sim says your number will be changed over in 30 mins. I was told there was issues too and it will be Tuesday as it will need to be done manually. I guess it'll be like any other port and my Orange sim will get no service tomorrow and that'll be it sorted. Will register with My EE instead of Your Orange after that for bills and usage :)