Misheard words in Songs

2»

Comments

• shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly Clarkson - How I Feel. I know the actual lyrics are "Babies, everywhere I look" but it does sound like "Baked beans, everywhere I look" :D

McFly - Litte Joanna. After the line "Little Joanna's like a lazer beam sky..." in the background they sing "Not through chlorine eyes" but it sounds like "Bathroom floor cleaner".
    I remember a presenter once on my local radio station telling us listeners to listen real good to one of the lines in the Shania Twain song 'That don't impress me much'. The part when she sings "I can't believe you kiss your car at night." Only thing it doesn't sound like she's singing that. It does sound like she's singing "I can't believe you kiss your coc* at night." Give it a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8

Ha, I thought it was "kiss your car goodnight" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I used to think the chorus to Bad Romance was "you and me can have a barrel of laughs"...

And in Lily Allen's The Fear "I don't know what's right in Rosville, anymore" ("I don't know what's right and what's real, anymore". I even Google-searched to find out where Rosville was!!)

And of course, probably the biggest one there is... Rihanna "I want you to love me, like I'm a hot pie/guy/bride/ride (I still don't know what the real version is...?)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoeH004 wrote: »
    Rihanna "I want you to love me, like I'm a hot pie/guy/bride/ride (I still don't know what the real version is...?)

Googling the lyrics brings up suggestions of it being any of those words! 'Hot ride' is the most common one though.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell: "I'm a Cilla Black fan on a bike"
    (the actual lyric is "On a silver black phantom bike"
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1324063&highlight=misheard+lyrics

Big thread already going on this topic... Some hilarious misheards in here
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    In the song La Isla Bonita I can hear the correct lyrics very clearly but some people can hear Madonna singing 'young girl with eyes like potatoes' when it's actually 'eyes like the desert'.

Also in the same song: once again I can hear the correct lyric 'last night I dreamt of San Pedro' but some hear 'last night I dreamt of some bagels'.

Sounds like that to me, but I thought it would actually be 'eyes like pesetas'.:confused:
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I used to think it was ''i'm not from the rough stain'' then my friend pointed out it was ''not fond of asking'' was lik ooooh :D

Also i swore Slidwinder sleppes tonight was ''calling chad baker'' :D

Or calling Cheryl Baker :D

The best I ever heard was from my friend's daughter. In the Elvis Costello song 'Oliver's Army' instead of 'Oliver's army is on it's way' she thought (someone in cafe) 'I'll have a sarnie' (waitress) 'It's on it's way', lol.
    Cliff Richard - Children singing Christian rhymes = Children singing crispy and white.
    Living in a Box - Room in your heart = Prune in your heart
    Celine Dion - the/my heart does go on = the hotdogs go on
    Shocking Blue/Bananarama - Goddess on a mountain top = Gladys on a mountain top
    Simply Red - (Fairground) Let's make amends like all good men should = Let's make a mince pie all good men should
    Another one but I can't remember singer or song, don't know what it should be - Shake your liver wah oo wah.
  • MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caribbean Queen....now we're sharing the same jeans....

Independent Woman : Alf Garnett
    http://www.rathergood.com/alf

I always misheard Oliver's Army as "All of the zombies..."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edge of Seventeen, first thought it was 'just like the one winged dove.'
  • aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beverley Knight - Made It Back '99

It sounds like "I don't need the world weeing down my shoulders"

It's actually weighing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    My heart will go on used to be my hot dogs will go on... No idea why haha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    MeicY wrote: »
    Caribbean Queen....now we're sharing the same jeans....

Independent Woman : Alf Garnett
    http://www.rathergood.com/alf

I always misheard Oliver's Army as "All of the zombies..."

I was fond of some of their musical interpretations - Simply Red's 'Bunny Too Tight To Mention' (which had a little animated Mick Huchnall humping a rabbit:p) and George Micheal's 'Fat Slug' -'Fat slug in your eyes'. :p
    Forum Member
    My heart will go on used to be my hot dogs will go on... No idea why haha.

That's what it sounds like to me. See my post number 33 I think at one point she sings my heart does go on (rather than my heart will go on) that's where it sounds like the hot dogs go on.
    Beverley Knight - Made It Back '99

It sounds like "I don't need the world weeing down my shoulders"

It's actually weighing..

LOL
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought Rihanna - Only Girl WAS love me like a hot pie...

Pretty sure she was making an American Pie reference too, hopefully that's not just my mind....
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mistake the lyrics but I always enjoy The Stereophonics song more when I imagine its "Have an arse day"
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbusters;
    Who ya gonna call? Those Bastards!

Daniel by Elton John
    Daniel you're a star.You look bare from the sky.

Kd Lang
    Can't Stand Gravy ( Constant Craving)
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Radio 2 this morning...Josh Groban - Brave

'When you stand up and pull down your pants'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Bananarama - Love In The First Degree

For years, I heard "guilty as a kunkerbee" instead of "guilty as a girl can be" - "kunkerbee" sounded like some rare Australian animal to me (that I assumed exhibited signs of guilt over its behavior!).

Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately

For years, I heard "so Barbara says, you've got one life to live" instead of "soap opera says, you've got One Life to Live." I thought she was referencing Barbara Walters (as a kid in the 80s, I figured that all of Walters' high-profile celebrity interviews made her worthy of being quoted!).
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Your Song (Elton John)

I always thought it was: "Or a man who makes potions in a travelling shoe"

when it's actually

"Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show"
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Edge of Seventeen, first thought it was 'just like the one winged dove.'

What is it?!

I though those were the lyrics :o
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    The first few times I heard The Bee Gees on the radio singing 'You Win Again' I thought they were singing 'You Renegade'
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it?!

I though those were the lyrics :o

White winged dove :)
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    TLC, Waterfalls - Don't go Jason Waterfalls (it should be Don't go chasing waterfalls)

Beyonce, Crazy in Love - When I talk to my friend Jo Whiley (I don't know the real lyrics but I know my version isn't right!)

Black Heart, Stooshe - He's big and he's black, I love it like that, mama he's the best I've ever had. (It should be He's big and he's bad, I love it like that, mama hes the best I've ever had)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyonce, Crazy in Love - When I talk to my friend Jo Whiley (I don't know the real lyrics but I know my version isn't right!)

That is funny, I just had to listen to it! Apparently the real line is "When I talk to my friends so quietly", although that doesn't make a lot of sense. I prefer your version anyway!