Jules shoud have used her Crufts 2014 act which was far better

PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
Forum Member
✭✭
She should have used her Crufts act which was far better and there was no need for a stunt double .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXVx2kcDfhc

Comments

• breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She already used most of that routine in the semi-finals.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    She should have used her Crufts act which was far better and there was no need for a stunt double .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXVx2kcDfhc

Did you miss the semi final?
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That routine was pretty much used in the semi finals, but altered a little to fit the time frame. Your get a bit more time in Crufts than BGT.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny isn't it. At the audition stage she came on as "I'm not a very good dancer. I'm a woman who has trained my pet dog". Like pudsey for example.

She didn't come on as "I'm a professional dog trainer with a pack of proffessional trained dogs".

I assume the shows producers knew exactly what was going on when they conned the audience
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny isn't it. At the audition stage she came on as "I'm not a very good dancer. I'm a woman who has trained my pet dog". Like pudsey for example.

She didn't come on as "I'm a professional dog trainer with a pack of proffessional trained dogs".

I assume the shows producers knew exactly what was going on when they conned the audience

Pudsey wasn't just a pet dog either. Ashleigh's family are dog trainers, and Pudsey has done heelwork to music at Crufts, is an agility champion and they were in the young kennel club. They were no more novices than Jules is. That young ninja girl has won tons of competitions, she's not just a young girl messing about with a sword either. Nowhere does it say you hav to be a novice to take part in BGT.
  • pjc229pjc229 Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She also didn't say anything remotely like "I'm just a woman who has trained my pet dog". The distinction she made was that she couldn't (/doesn't) dance, which is what made her act different to Ashleigh & Pudsey, in that she acts out stories instead.
  • pjc229pjc229 Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pudsey wasn't just a pet dog either. Ashleigh's family are dog trainers, and Pudsey has done heelwork to music at Crufts, is an agility champion and they were in the young kennel club. They were no more novices than Jules is. That young ninja girl has won tons of competitions, she's not just a young girl messing about with a sword either. Nowhere does it say you hav to be a novice to take part in BGT.

Do you now feel outrage at being conned by Pudsey, gemma-the-husky? They made you think it was "just a girl and her pet dog" and it wasn't at all? Please, let it out. Vent.
  • tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That routine was pretty much used in the semi finals, but altered a little to fit the time frame. Your get a bit more time in Crufts than BGT.

agreed
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjc229 wrote: »
    Do you now feel outrage at being conned by Pudsey, gemma-the-husky? They made you think it was "just a girl and her pet dog" and it wasn't at all? Please, let it out. Vent.

Careful, you might encourage people to retrospectively sue BGT for an act that won a few years ago under false pretences!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I had no idea of what you mentioned about pudsey.

Thats the thing, I suppose. The winner is just a debating point, and in truth it hardly matters to me.

But for some reason I would rather see Paul Potts, or Susan Boyle win. Or jamie raven. It's the difference between saying at the audition that you are a professional trying to get a break, compared with the deceit (sort of) of concealing the fact that you are semi-pro at least.

In my opinion.

And I think the idea of non brits competing and winning BGT is little short of ridiculous. I have no idea how attraction won. I would never have allowed them in, let alone voted for them.
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attraction won because BGT producers researched them and then invited them onto the show, where they showed us a fresh new act that the public loved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats the thing, I suppose. The winner is just a debating point, and in truth it hardly matters to me.

But for some reason I would rather see Paul Potts, or Susan Boyle win. Or jamie raven. It's the difference between saying at the audition that you are a professional trying to get a break, compared with the deceit (sort of) of concealing the fact that you are semi-pro at least.

In my opinion.

And I think the idea of non brits competing and winning BGT is little short of ridiculous. I have no idea how attraction won. I would never have allowed them in, let alone voted for them.

I supposed they think that if they said they were professionals/semi professionals viewers wouldn't vote for them. Their hardly not going to enter when the show fully states that they can.
  • Steve_LuntSteve_Lunt Posts: 48
    Forum Member

In my opinion.

IIRC Paul Potts was shown as a lowly mobile phone salesman, not that he had spent some 20 grand on Opera Singing lessons including from Pavrotti himself

We know they do it, and I really don't care. I would rather see a bunch of pro / semi-pro talent acts who never quite got the break they wanted to appear on BGT, much rather that than folk not good enough for The Voice or X-factor
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not their fault if they show us UK lot up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve_Lunt wrote: »
    IIRC Paul Potts was shown as a lowly mobile phone salesman, not that he had spent some 20 grand on Opera Singing lessons including from Pavrotti himself

We know they do it, and I really don't care. I would rather see a bunch of pro / semi-pro talent acts who never quite got the break they wanted to appear on BGT, much rather that than folk not good enough for The Voice or X-factor

aaaaghhh. I can't take any more. I give up. :D