(spoilers) 3 Clips From Flesh And Stone Are Up On The Dw Site!

13»

Comments

• KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    if she got freaked out by
    his 'space teeth' she certainly seems to be throwing caution to the wind about the rest of him now!

:D The mind boggles
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    :D The mind boggles

while I may speculate some odd reasons for that scene I'm going with temporary insanity.
    or maybe a reaction to the stuff River injected her with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets not forget that the snog between Reinette and the Tenth Doctor wasn't some plot point....so there is no reason it should be here too....just a moment...

But it seems that the Doctor has learnt from the whole Rose situation...and doesn't want to take it far...and I think, for Amy, its a another way of running away ( in her mind) from the fact she is getting married....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Lets not forget that the snog between Reinette and the Tenth Doctor wasn't some plot point....so there is no reason it should be here too....just a moment...

But it seems that the Doctor has learnt from the whole Rose situation...and doesn't want to take it far...and I think, for Amy, its a another way of running away ( in her mind) from the fact she is getting married....

Poor Rory
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Ilzairspar wrote: »
    Or she's possessed. Possession is always a viable option.

It's an option.
    Perhaps something possesses her that, for some reason, wants to give birth to a new Timelord.

Or maybe not.

Probably not.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Ilzairspar wrote: »
    I know this isn't about the 3 clips but I was wondering if anyone had seen this?

EDIT: As Good Wolf stated there are Massive Spoilers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1270166/Whos-steamed-Tardis-The-Doctor-shares-passionate-kiss-companion-Amy.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

So...what do you think?

Wow.

Part of me hates the idea :mad:, part of me is slightly aroused ;):D.
    Forum Member
    God almighty. I hope there's a decent explantion for this as it sounds bloody awful! :(
    I read a preview of Flesh and Stone that says there's a scene at the end which is so jarring and so completely out of synch with the rest of the episode that it'll make you cringe. I guess this is it. I hope Moffat knows what he's doing as from the photos and the description in the Mail article is looks utterly horrific! If this is the shape of things to come then I might start yearning for the days of Rose and Martha.

:mad:
    I agree. Without some massive reason behind it then it's just utterly stupid. I actually think Moffat is playing a dangerous game if it's something that won't be explained/resolved quickly. It's too soon into the new series to be p*ssing around like this, IMO. Just give us some decent sodding stories!
    I hope it's not as bad as I'm now expecting :cry:

Seriously, if Moffat thinks this is going to go down well with anyone then he's sorely mistaken. Even if it's part of some larger storyline it still seems sordid, tacky and tawdry.

It won't help Pond win over the viewers either.

Oh shush :rolleyes:.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how no one knew that The Doctor and Amy
    kiss

As it was shown in the main trailer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    I agree. Without some massive reason behind it then it's just utterly stupid. I actually think Moffat is playing a dangerous game if it's something that won't be explained/resolved quickly.

I find this very consistent with my pet theory that it will be part of an "alternative Amy" story arc that might - or might not - get resolved in the Amy's Choice part.

Imho this is not the "real" Amy or timeline as it should have been if the Doctor HAD actually arrived back with little Amelia 5 minutes after sorting the TARDIS out. The whole timeline seems wrong, Amy has been turning into something she probably shouldn't be (think Kissogram ;) ), it would explain her "off" comments that have alienated myself and seemingly others in previous episodes.

I am waiting for the Doctor to get eventually back to the "right" back to little Amelia part ;)

So I am not getting overly nervous yet.
    But then, this is just my personal theory on the unfolding story arc ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Wolf wrote: »
    I REALLY wish I hadn't looked at that. Massive spoiler!

I think there's probably a bit more to it than you would imagine though. The line
    'I don't know why, I have no idea, but quite possibly the single most important thing in the history of the universe is that I get you sorted out right now?'
    is very interesting.

I shouldn't worry it about it because:
    Its obviously a necessary setup for Amy's Choice where she is pregnant and we have to wonder whether the child could be the Doctor's. I also suspect the story ends by never having happened. Jagged says "relax" :)
    Forum Member
    I don't see how no one knew that The Doctor and Amy
    kiss

As it was shown in the main trailer

A 'kiss' maybe, not some protracted sluttish display.
    Forum Member
    Oh shush :rolleyes:.

Don't shush me. Anyway, after tonight's episode airs I am expecting widespread condemnation of this final scene, both here and in the media and over on Gallifrey Base.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    I shouldn't worry it about it because:
    Its obviously a necessary setup for Amy's Choice where she is pregnant and we have to wonder whether the child could be the Doctor's. I also suspect the story ends by never having happened. Jagged says "relax" :)

Thought so too but
    Amy's choice is 5 years in the future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    TwEeD.NK wrote: »
    Thought so too but
    Amy's choice is 5 years in the future.
    Well, 5 yrs might equal 2 minutes for Doctor going away ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I've seen the Daily Fail article. I laughed when I read it because I recognised that it would cause a storm in some quarters. However I think that knowing about Karen's comedy background that it will be a really funny scene!
    Also come on, even if there is nothing affecting Amy's actions, having a crack at the unattainable must be quite tempting, particularly if your attractive and won't take a knock personally. So she's making a pass at him so what, its funny!
    Forum Member
    Don't shush me. Anyway, after tonight's episode airs I am expecting widespread condemnation of this final scene, both here and in the media and over on Gallifrey Base.

Remember, the Daily Fail is famous for it's exaggeration*, it's probably not half as OTT as it sounds and over in a minute.

(not unlike Gallifrey Base*)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...I'm not the only one who's looking forward to it, am I? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member

No mate.I'm looking forward to it as I have all the episodes so far - just hope it's not as 'cringeworthy' as some have said but so what - it's a TV show!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member

I can't bloody wait! I don't care if it's out of character! Hahaha!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member

I'm looking forward to that scary scene ... I'll have "nightmares" off Amy pushing herself onto me

That vixen! :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I never thought i'd say this but the Daily Mail points out something interesting, and something i would like the people who are getting up in arms about this to remember.

We don't know whether Amy trying to get it on with The Doctor is part of a wider plot like when Cassandra took over Rose's body in New Earth.

Keep that in mind, it's probably not as simple as some of you are making it out to be.
  • Stev0Stev0 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting pictures in that news article. It'll be really different seeing all that in Doctor Who. Wonder how all the whiners will take it, probably see about 5000 complaints the next day about it *sigh*.
    Forum Member
    See, not near as bad as expected.