What is wrong with people blaming the producers when their 'fave' acts go out?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,267
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The producers make the show. The PUBLIC vote on who they want to stay in the show.

To clarify further... the public have no input whatsoever into the production of the show. The producers do NOT pick up the phone and vote for their 'fave' acts in the show.

If anyone needs further clarification shoot some questions at me and I'll help out where I can.

Comments

• achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't tell if you're being serious or just naive.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    its mainly because people refuse to accept that others dont agree with them so have to make up conspiracy theories to justify their favourite not winning
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    achro wrote: »
    I can't tell if you're being serious or just naive.

So are you saying the public vote is rigged?
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The producers influence the public vote via leaked stories to the media, VTs, running order placings, song choices and staging. Then, when we get to the bottom two, it's the producers who tell the judges how to vote.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    This week I don't think Ella fans can blame the producers, they were probably in pain when they saw the results.

Overall though, some acts are stitched up to go out by the producers but it's the publics fault for buying into it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    The producers influence the public vote via leaked stories to the media, VTs, running order placings, song choices and staging. Then, when we get to the bottom two, it's the producers who tell the judges how to vote.

It doesn't matter how much they try to influence people in the end they are the ones who vote. Can you talk me through how the producers rigged it for Only 16 and The Busker two hot favourites to wind up in the bottom two? How did they do that and what was their logic?

Can you also provide a link that shows proof that they tell the judges how to vote? Thanks in advance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's more rigging on this show than the Cutty Sark...

Tonight - prime example: two of the favoured acts in bottom two...judges as a complete panel can't be seen to favour one over the other (who really likes who is immaterial), goes to deadlock so public get the flak (as opposed to One Direction Idiot getting the Flack)...when one favoured and one cannon fodder in bottom two, well its going to be a 3-1 split in guess who's favour?

When a "coup d'etat" occurs, the blame is obvious but no one can come under suspicion...basic rules of your average conspiracy theory, right there...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's more rigging on this show than the Cutty Sark...

Tonight - prime example: two of the favoured acts in bottom two...judges as a complete panel can't be seen to favour one over the other (who really likes who is immaterial), goes to deadlock so public get the flak (as opposed to One Direction Idiot getting the Flack)...when one favoured and one cannon fodder in bottom two, well its going to be a 3-1 split in guess who's favour?

When a "coup d'etat" occurs, the blame is obvious but no one can come under suspicion...basic rules of your average conspiracy theory, right there...

Why would the producers want two of the most popular acts in the bottom two knowing one of them going would kill ratings? I'm going to keep asking until someone answers.
    Forum Member
    i suppose the theory is that the perceived drama might get more viewers than watching mediocre singers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    i suppose the theory is that the perceived drama might get more viewers than watching mediocre singers

Nope I'm not buying that. I'd say a lot of Ella 'fans' switched off tonight and won't be back.
    Forum Member
    Nope I'm not buying that. I'd say a lot of Ella 'fans' switched off tonight and won't be back.

not saying i buy it either , just guessing that might be the thought process if it was staged

which i dont buy either actually if you read my first comment in the thread

i dont doubt the production can influence some voters but i have never thought things like the "death slot" or "pimp slot" etc etc that everyone kept going on about were ever as important as people tried to make them out to be
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    not saying i buy it either , just guessing that might be the thought process if it was staged

which i dont buy either actually if you read my first comment in the thread

i dont doubt the production can influence some voters but i have never thought things like the "death slot" or "pimp slot" etc etc that everyone kept going on about were ever as important as people tried to make them out to be

Yep, sorry I know we're on the same wavelength here I just think it's laughable some of the conspiracy theories on here. If there was any kind of rigging or any kind of pressure on the judges from the production team you know what the British press is like they would have sniffed it out a long time ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    The producers make the show. The PUBLIC vote on who they want to stay in the show.

To clarify further... the public have no input whatsoever into the production of the show. The producers do NOT pick up the phone and vote for their 'fave' acts in the show.

If anyone needs further clarification shoot some questions at me and I'll help out where I can.

:)Thanks but even if the producers DID pick up the phone and vote it would be just a drop in the ocean. Now if the programme was on the BBC and producers of the programme picked up the phone there, that would be a very different matter, because the BBC have enough producers on every programme to sink the Titanic, courtesy of the licence fee.:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would the producers want two of the most popular acts in the bottom two knowing one of them going would kill ratings? I'm going to keep asking until someone answers.

That's presuming these two are amongst the most popular acts...with the public, that is. The panel might rave about them, but until the voting results are released there is nothing to suggest that these two were anything but near the bottom week on week...

What I was putting forward was, that once in this position, then the panic buttons are hit to save as much face as possible...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's presuming these two are amongst the most popular acts...with the public, that is. The panel might rave about them, but until the voting results are released there is nothing to suggest that these two were anything but near the bottom week on week...

What I was putting forward was, that once in this position, then the panic buttons are hit to save as much face as possible...

With all due respect that's paranoid nonsense. Neither were in the bottom two before this week. The judges can't fake emotions like they showed tonight they were all shocked. No conspiracy just a public vote.

You only have to look at what an awful state the British music industry is in compared to previous decades to know what the public is capable of when they vote with their wallets.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I think the ratings have already been killed in this Xfactor
  • David JamesDavid James Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Why did the producers chose to open the voting lines at the start of the show rather than wait until they had all sung? Was it tactical, was it money grabbing or any other reason. Made little sense if its supposed to be a competition.
    Actually, after such a dreadful sing-off there would have been no complaints if both had been shown the door.
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In this case, its rather ironic as these two acts were acts that producers clearly wanted for the final.
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It took me a little while to find:

http://sofabet.com/2010/11/30/x-factor-wagner-an-anatomy-of-an-assassination/

This is what I was expecting to happen with Rylan the week they wanted him out, for some reason he is staying put.