Lee McKenzie

stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,543
Forum Member
✭✭
Watched her many times on BBC F1 coverage and IMO she should be the main presenter rather than Suzi Perry. Her knowledge of the sport is next to none and she is also rather easy on the eye too.
I think she will be a future BBC sport main Presenter as her hosting of Glasgow 2014 has shown she can turn her hand to anything.

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    She may not have wanted the presenting gig. She might be happy in the pit lane interviewing the drivers and other crew.
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Watched her many times on BBC F1 coverage and IMO she should be the main presenter rather than Suzi Perry. Her knowledge of the sport is next to none and she is also rather easy on the eye too.
    I think she will be a future BBC sport main Presenter as her hosting of Glasgow 2014 has shown she can turn her hand to anything.

I and many others agree that LM should have been elevated to the main F1 presenters role following Jake Humphrey's departure at the end of the 2012 season (especially that Suzi Perry - who got the presenting gig - was nowhere near a BBC microphone during the London 2012 Olympics. And presenting during the Commonwealth Games will help her get future presenting roles at BBC Sport
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    She may not have wanted the presenting gig. She might be happy in the pit lane interviewing the drivers and other crew.

Surprised if this was to be the case; who wouldn't want to be a "No. 1 top dog anchor"?
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I and many others agree that LM should have been elevated to the main F1 presenters role following Jake Humphrey's departure at the end of the 2012 season (especially that Suzi Perry - who got the presenting gig - was nowhere near a BBC microphone during the London 2012 Olympics. And presenting during the Commonwealth Games will help her get future presenting roles at BBC Sport

Surprised if this was to be the case; who wouldn't want to be a "No. 1 top dog anchor"?

Glad to find some else who agrees with me
  • MavisConsuelaMavisConsuela Posts: 1,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree. Driver's always seem to be really fond of her too particularly Michael Schumacher if I remember correctly and are always more than willing to stop and chat to her out of choice rather than obligation. I remember reading that Suzi had previously daid she hated F1 anyway so not sure why she's there to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100% agree. Driver's always seem to be really fond of her too particularly Michael Schumacher if I remember correctly and are always more than willing to stop and chat to her out of choice rather than obligation. I remember reading that Suzi had previously daid she hated F1 anyway so not sure why she's there to be honest.

She to have quite a bubbly personality and the girl next door look really suits her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I stated before she is also rather easy on the eye too.

as can be seen from this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pXsxDTyUIw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really sad today turned over to BBC 3 at 1.50 hoping for an afternoon of Commonwealth action with Lee to find her handing over to Manish as she had been hosting the morning coverage.

I mean no offence to Dougie, Manish and Dan but Lee is the only reason I watch BBC 3's coverage as I usually watch BBC1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know when Lee is presenting today
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes very odd decision that was. Not sure if Lee herself said no to the role or if they simply overlooked her. But it would be strange if they did because she had already covered for Jake a couple of times prior to Suzy getting the job so the BBC knew what she was capable of. Maybe she preferred her current role.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Suzy probably got the gig as she'd presented the motorbike racing on the BBC as well, so they probably thought she'd be a better fit.

I agree though Lee would have made a better choice and I'd have also liked the BBC to have brought in Louise Goodman to do the pit lane stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee must be presenting mornings on BBC 3 now as she was on this morning from 9am and just finish at 2.15
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put BBC 3 on and no Lee Im really sad :(
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her accent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I like her accent.

She is from Ayrshire in the west coast of scotland
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lovely lee back on BBC3 today. Such a natural lee, Hazel Irvine and Clare Balding are the BBC's best female presenters at the moment.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,883
    Forum Member
    A bit late now, but she sometimes mentions what Games broadcasts she is scheduled to do on her twitter account (no need to sign up) - https://twitter.com/LeeMcKenzieF1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuiB0C-CQAA5Z9y.jpg

Lee and Helen preparing for Gold Coast

Hopefully Lee will be on BBC One presenting the next commonwealth games
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another pic of the lovely Lee in her white dress

http://media2.whosaystatic.com/652508/652508_640x640wc.jpg
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised the OP hasn't started up a thread for another wee Caledonian lassie in Eilidh Barbour, especially as she's been doing the sports news on the BBC News Channel all week!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised the OP hasn't started up a thread for another wee Caledonian lassie in Eilidh Barbour, especially as she's been doing the sports news on the BBC News Channel all week!

I do love Eilidth Barber I didnt know she was on the bbc now last time I saw her was on STV
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Lee McKenzie! She has got great rapport with some of the top driver's like Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso so that makes for great, funny interviews. I was surprised she wasn't given the presenting job ahead of Suzi Perry as I think she'd be much better. Suzi is okay but nowhere near as informative as Lee who also attends other race categories as well so she ends up knowing a lot of the guys before they make it to Formula One.

And I have to say I much prefer the BBC coverage to. Can't stand Herbert and Hill on Sky where it's one big Lewis Hamilton fest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is Lee with Papa smurf. Lucky Smurf

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw6ikkiIgAAiWZ6.jpg
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's official, I am willing to turn lesbian for her.