Options

Southland

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Southland like its Parent series "Third Watch" has been outstanding American drama, however in the context of US statistics a 5th series is good run & with the series producer passing away recently its probably time to wind up whist its still fresh.
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Ben McKenzie isn't the only actor signing on a pilot "just in case". Parker Young from "Suburgatory" signed on for a pilot from FOX and Ken Jeong signed on for a pilot for ABC this year.

These three actors are on shows in danger of cancellation with Suburgatory having a better chance to get renewed and Community getting renewed because it's on NBC.

It's the same situation with Damon Wayons Jr. who was in the pilot of FOX show, "New Girl". His show, Happy Endings got renewed by ABC so he went back to it. However now, Happy Endings seems to be (most likely) cancelled while New Girl is on the upswing on FOX.

So you never know what happens....
  • Options
    BoozyuziBoozyuzi Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Southland repeated from the beginning starting 2.30am early hours of Monday morning, channel 4.

I will be setting up a series link..
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering how short the seasons are of Southland i would hate for the show to get cancelled. It's one of the greatest US tv cop shows ever! Deserves another season and many more seasons!
  • Options
    mgnsmgns Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Anyone watching season 5 at U.S. pace? I've enjoyed it a lot more than season 4 even though it's been quite bleak.

It doesn't sound good for the future though as Ben McKenzie, Shawn Hatosy and Regina King have all signed up for pilot shows.
  • Options
    TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, did like John Cooper's attempt to sober Hicks up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgns wrote: »
    Anyone watching season 5 at U.S. pace? I've enjoyed it a lot more than season 4 even though it's been quite bleak.

Nope, this is a UK paced thread but hopefully More4 will pick up the rights to Season 5.
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't find a US pace thread, so did anyone else see the S5 finale this week?
    These final 2 episodes were brutal (last week's was one of the best episodes of any TV show I've seen in a while), and it'll be a shame if this is the end of the show, it still has plenty of life in it as far as I'm concerned, and I want Cooper to survive!!
  • Options
    mgnsmgns Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Re: S5 finale U.S. pace
    Wow. This season has been brilliant - slowly building up each character's bleak story arc - with the last two episodes being wide eyed, jaw droppingly dramatic.

Personally, I think the finale was perfectly judged bearing in mind the show's future. It felt like an end even though there were enough loose ends to lead into a sixth season.

Here's an article post-finale with Michael Cudlitz (John Cooper) and producer Jonathan Lisco:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Southland-Finale-Spoilers-1064287.aspx?rss=breakingnews
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Great series will be missed.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brilliant finale, really hope we get s6 to offer true conclusion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Loved the final, I would have liked to find out if Cooped lived or died though, being that we may not get another season....
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    hmm, does the thread say "US pace"? No? Then stop posting spoilers you planks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »

Doesn't say UK pace either - or no spoilers
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiexen wrote: »
    Doesn't say UK pace either - or no spoilers

But, with respect, it would be nice to consider the fact that S5 hasn't been shown in the UK yet and that the majority of people in this thread - myself included - haven't yet seen it.

By all means post tagged spoilers if you must, but it would be nice to error on the side of caution I would have thought.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »

only one person posted the spoiler.

i understand your frustrations, i purposly didnt divulge any details. hopefully a mod can spoiler tag it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Oh god sorry! I'm new to posting here and totally didnt think! How do I edit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god sorry! I'm new to posting here and totally didnt think! How do I edit?

Not your fault, in fact the first post says:

"Been watching it on one of those free internet sites"

so its not a UK pace forum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Southland has been cancelled by TNT. This is a travesty. Absolutely f*cking gutted! It's 5th season was it's last. Hopefully More4 will pick it up, very very disappointed indeed. One of THE best shows to come from USA.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're apparently in talks for a 2 hour wrap up. I'll probably avoid this thread until S5 airs on More4 (which it will..) since people seem to assume it's a catch-all for UK and US pace ..

But then I suppose since it's ending, I might as well download it..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're apparently in talks for a 2 hour wrap up. I'll probably avoid this thread until S5 airs on More4 (which it will..) since people seem to assume it's a catch-all for UK and US pace ..

But then I suppose since it's ending, I might as well download it..

Someone should have contacted the Mods a long time ago to change the title of thread to UK Pace, although some numpty thought it was ok to go post spoilers for Season 5 even thoughteveryone in this thread had very recently been discussing season 4 for the past couple of months!
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most evocative theme tune ever, Cancao do Mar.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBFFZ9CS8cc
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Someone should have contacted the Mods a long time ago to change the title of thread to UK Pace,

Have done, several times. For some reason this is the one thread they refuse to change :confused:

Anyway, for those watching the repeats there is one on tonight.
  • Options
    cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just heard it's been canned. Poor decision. Absolutely the best thing to come out of the US for years.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Skipping straight to season 3 tonight :confused::mad: