no signal Humax FOXSAT-HDR 320GB.

2»

Comments

• fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IQ1 wrote: »
    At least that shows you do have a reception problem with Eutelsat28A (28.5E).

Yes, I think I always knew the signal had the potential to be a bit flaky (I live in a comms black hole - no freeview, DAB or mobile signals!) and that's why I bought a cheapo box first to see if I could get the channels I want to watch - and the EPG. It's all been fine, so I treated myself to a fancy flipping recorder and .... oh, well ... you get the picture :)
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Yes, I think I always knew the signal had the potential to be a bit flaky (I live in a comms black hole - no freeview, DAB or mobile signals!) and that's why I bought a cheapo box first to see if I could get the channels I want to watch - and the EPG. It's all been fine, so I treated myself to a fancy flipping recorder and .... oh, well ... you get the picture :)

Unless you have some close up obstructions in the direction the sat dish points you should not have a satellite black hole.
  • IQ1IQ1 Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    A tiny adjustment to the dish should solve the problem.
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IQ1 wrote: »
    A tiny adjustment to the dish should solve the problem.

It may well be incorrect LNB shew.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    It may well be incorrect LNB shew.

LNB shew?
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LNB shew?

Typo - Skew (lnb twist in it's bracket). 28.2E and 28.5E have differing requirements. A comprimise setting is required to get both.

www.dishpointer.com will give you the two values required for your location. Approx halfway between should be OK.
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LNB shew?

Should read LNB Skew (Twist - 28.2E and 28.5E have slightly different optimal settings.(Skew depends on dish location) You can find yours at http://www.dishpointer.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.