'Big Brother USA' renewed for BB17 and BB18.

Comments

• lightupvmlightupvm Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thrilled, I love it.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news but I see Julie did an interview saying it was highly unlikely a new All Star season would happen anytime soon, although maybe that's a good thing, as much as I'd love an All Stars I don't want Grodners pets like Frank, Frankie and any of the BB15 douches polluting my screen.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    Good news but I see Julie did an interview saying it was highly unlikely a new All Star season would happen anytime soon, although maybe that's a good thing, as much as I'd love an All Stars I don't want Grodners pets like Frank, Frankie and any of the BB15 douches polluting my screen.

Julie wouldn't be told yet if an Allstars was being planned, she wouldn't need to know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These hosts tend to be somewhat in the loop nowadays and All Stars was back in the Shapiro years I don't think Grodner would want to do All Stars and given they're casting next year it definitely isn't next year.
  • V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they sort themselves out, the past two seasons have been very poor - still won't stop me watching future seasons though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree but I don't have much faith :(

I didn't hate this year as much as 15 because the people were tolerable as humans even Frankie as distasteful as he was he wasn't at a Aayrn, VaGina Marie or Amanda level of dreadfulness.

Also looking at the twists from the Shapiro era (Project DNA, Secret Pairs and The X Factor) they had a much bigger personal element to them than Grodner's flops like Saboteur (terrible person cast), High School Cliques (wtf was this about other than to get someone back), Team America (snoozefest), Coaches (stupid as we knew it would be dropped), and Dynamic Duos (also stupid as we knew it'd be dropped).

I'm wonder what sucky twist she'll invent next year.

Aside from BB8, BB10 and BB11 the Grodner years have been mired with poor casts even if the series themselves weren't awful.

BB9 - Awful unlikable people
    BB12 - Poor competitors and relied on Rachel and Brittany for entertainment, Brittany sucked as a gameplayer though
    BB13 - Newbies were all dull, relied heavily on the veterans for entertainment
    BB14 - All idiots, I get the coaches twists was to help them play the game but they really were fools
    BB15 - Bigots, racists, a-holes
    BB16 - Similar issue to BB12, players lack game play ability aside from Derrick.