Options

River Song.. Boring?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that is my main worry. I said this about the cliffhanger that ends the first part of the Series recently; hope it doesn't get so overhyped we're left scratching our heads thinking WTF? at the end of it, I don't think it'll come to that but it sure wouldn't surprise me if it does! :D

The fact that Moffat is writing dummy endings so that the real cliffhanger doesn't get out gets me excited, it must be quite big! Still, I'm trying not to speculate too much and just go with the flow because it's like you say, if you get too hyped up then you might be disappointed and I don't want that to happen! Reagrding River, I think Moffat knows he has to deliver on this one, so I'm sure he will have thought of something good - I can't imagine him bringing her back otherwise! :D
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

Yeah, that is my main worry. I said this about the cliffhanger that ends the first part of the Series recently; hope it doesn't get so overhyped we're left scratching our heads thinking WTF? at the end of it, I don't think it'll come to that but it sure wouldn't surprise me if it does! :D

I think the cliffhanger will be River saying "I will tell you who I really am, Doctor......" then someone shoots her and she falls at his feet. Cue DW music....
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that Moffat is writing dummy endings so that the real cliffhanger doesn't get out gets me excited, it must be quite big! Still, I'm trying not to speculate too much and just go with the flow because it's like you say, if you get too hyped up then you might be disappointed and I don't want that to happen! Reagrding River, I think Moffat knows he has to deliver on this one, so I'm sure he will have thought of something good - I can't imagine him bringing her back otherwise! :D

I'm sure he'll do it justice, I know on his day SM is as good as any other writer on Who. I know from listening to him on the Series 5 DVD boxset that he has some really good ideas. Hope it continues.
    I think the cliffhanger will be River saying "I will tell you who I really am, Doctor......" then someone shoots her and she falls at his feet. Cue DW music....

Now that would be awesome Granny! Wouldn't it funny if you were right? We'll look back on your post if you are!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure he'll do it justice, I know on his day SM is as good as any other writer on Who. I know from listening to him on the Series 5 DVD boxset that he has some really good ideas. Hope it continues.

Now that would be awesome Granny! Wouldn't it funny if you were right? We'll look back on your post if you are!!! :D

LOL I never predict usually because I'm always wildly wrong, but if that does happen you are my witness that I was right!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL I never predict usually because I'm always wildly wrong, but if that does happen you are my witness that i was right!

The written word is your witness Granny! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The written word is your witness Granny! :D

Blimey, you don't think I'll remember where I posted it, do you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek: See if you spoiled it for me Granny, I swear.... :p

This is Moffat we're talking about - of course it'll continue ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't worry. I'm always 100% wrong with these things.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, you don't think I'll remember where I posted it, do you?

Well under a River Song Thread...oh, yipes, been a few of them....:o

Just look under the one dated January and youu won't go wrong!!!!

I'm sure he will, but if I don't get my expectations too high, the less I'll feel let down if it all goes pear-shaped. :)
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    WTF ? Who's that female ? Isn't the answer to that what Moffatt has promised to reveal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    WTF ? Who's that female ? Isn't the answer to that what Moffatt has promised to reveal

If that's a reference to my post, you may want to have a rethink on WTF actually means..........unless you were being funny then I'll let you off! :p:D
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Who's That Female, daveyboy.

don't think he was taking a pop at you! :)
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, that bit was in response to the other post I quoted :)

Moffat said that we are going to find out for sure who River is in series 6, so that's exciting I think :) Although, given how they are/may be labelling the split, it could be series 7 that we find out - either way, we do find out this year, so I'm glad for that, I just hope it's a good un :D

Only trouble is, speakingpersonally I don't care who River Song is. At all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Who's That Female, daveyboy.

don't think he was taking a pop at you! :)

Wasn't a hundred percent sure what he was saying actually, I knew he wasn't having a pop......:)
  • Options
    smithers3162smithers3162 Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt if you'll enjoy next season's story arc very much, then.
  • Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    I doubt if you'll enjoy next season's story arc very much, then.

I don't what you are implying is what what is meant by the post.

I also don't care who she is, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy her being part of the Whoniverse or any story arc! I think she is a great character who ever she is!
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    I don't what you are implying is what what is meant by the post.

I also don't care who she is, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy her being part of the Whoniverse or any story arc! I think she is a great character who ever she is!

I agree. I wouldn't care if we never found out who she is. In a way I was hoping we wouldn't find out too soon as I have a feeling, when we do that will be the end of her in the series (hope I am wrong though).

I am not someone that NEEDS every question answered to be able to enjoy a story/character. The mystery surrounding a character is often more exciting than actually finding out who they are. For me at least.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when River was introduced in the Library two parter, I wasn't one of those who hated her....at least i don't remember hating her...but was pretty much indifferent. But that wasn't the reason I didn't want her to return, the reason for this was because i love some mysteries to remain exactly that. But I am glad that Moff did bring her back, as I love her now, she works so well with Matt's Doctor. And even though part of me is excited about her story....I'd be happy if we never find out, as it would mean we would carry on seeing her...that is ofcourse assuming that her revelation is the end of her character appearance....if it isn't...then well bring on the revelation....and bring on permenant status as a companion!!!!:D
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Have to say when she first appeared in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead I wasn't a big fan, mainly because I didn't enjoy those episodes as much as I hoped I would.

However, I absolutely love River in series 5 and look forward to seeing her in series 6.