Highlight and lowlight of 2010?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
Forum Member
✭✭
Mine...

Highlights
Setting the wedding date, starting a new career and discovering Dexter. :)

Lowlights
Realising a life-long friend was a complete **** and having to cut her out of my life. :(

Comments

• d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highlight: my son joining the Royal Navy
    Lowlight: my best friend of 18 years dying of cancer:cry:
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lowlight,being moved to another section at work after 7 years in the same place..hate hate hate being moved

hightlight passing my driving test
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    Highlight: Meeting someone who I thought was perfect for me

Lowlight: Meeting someone who I thought was perfect for me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Highlight: The fact in a few hours time it'll be all over

Lowlight: Losing my ex
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Highlight: The Monster Ball + Gaga

Lowlight: My Nan got cancer (she survived BTW).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Highlights: my aunt beat cancer, I had a self-esteem epiphany and met some simply amazing new people

Lowlight: got betrayed hardcore by someone I thought was a friend
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Highlight: learning to tango with an attractive young man
    Lowlight: attractive young man wanting to go back to being just friends
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually my highlight would be seeing the eruption cloud from Eyafjallajökull drifting over the UK. I know it caused a lot of misery for flyers all over Europe, but being into Volcanology (aswell as visiting Iceland myself in the past) it was quite something else to see.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Highlight: The Monster Ball + Gaga

Lowlight: My Nan got cancer (she survived BTW).

i have been to monster ball 3 times this year:o:o
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    11:11 wrote: »
    Actually my highlight would be seeing the eruption cloud from Eyafjallajökull drifting over the UK. I know it caused a lot of misery for flyers all over Europe, but being into Volcanology (aswell as visiting Iceland myself in the past) it was quite something else to see.

That was one of my lowlights .Knowing my daughter was stuck in Grand Canaria and hoping she had enough insulin .

A highlight was the day she arrived home , 9 days over due and all was well .
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Highlight: Watching my baby blossom into a beautiful little girl and welcoming my best friend's twins into the world.

Lowlight: Inching ever closer to my mid-thirties. :eek: I also could have done without the cataracts and the retinopathy, but other than that it's been a pretty ok year. :cool:
  • ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highlight - At 41, deciding to study for a degree, and discovering the Lake District :)

Lowlight - Putting on 2 stone, which I have promised myself I will lose and will be a 2011 highlight :cool:
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highlight: Gaga Monster Ball x3 2 times at 02 in london and getting a job in January 2010 and being offered a job in December 2010

Lowlight: technically unemployed as of midnight tonight and could be 6 weeks until i am starting new job. Got made redundant due to the cuts you see
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,990
    Forum Member
    Lowlight: First 4-5 months of the year-Love ballsed up, school was hard work and didn't do as well as i hoped in exams , lost friends.

Highlight: Last 6 months-Passed driving test,Uni :D:D! made lots of new friends,did some crazy things:o, gettin closer to more people ,doing well at the work suprisingly!

Now i think 2011 is gonna be an amazing year! hope i am right :D.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highlights
    meeting a gawjuss girl and thinking something would happen (it never did and she wont talk to me)

work experience at capital fm
    joining a new group of friends
    passing my driving test

lowlights
    the girl
    not having a girlfriend
    still not having a car
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    11:11 wrote: »

The ash was kinda a highlight for me too. I was due to go on my first holiday for 10 years at the start of May (to Iceland), but had a panic attack the morning I was due to go and couldn't. Due to the volcano the flights got cancelled so we got to take the holiday again on another day. I overcame my fear of flying and agoraphobia and went on the 1st December instead. I bought some Eyafjallajökull souvenirs.
  • stormin normstormin norm Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Highlight(s)....see how many I can think of....

Getting my degree
    errrr
    ummmm
    eventually kicking a total **** out of my life once and for all (that's only a highlight now, it wasn't at the time)
    My kids both being healthy and happy and just being wonderful (most the time)
    My hen night :D

Lowlights:
    A friend dying of cancer
    My brother being ill
    An awful incident that happened to me in july
    Being made to move house again, getting futher in debt and constantly worrying about keeping a roof over my kids heads
    Letting myself get hurt again by the same person who had hurt me a year previously :rolleyes:
    Being unemployed and trying not to get depressed about it

Actually thought of a few more highlights than I thought I would so not too bad :)
  • embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Lowlight: The sudden death of a very young family member.

Highlight: Two new gorgeous baby cousins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highlights

New job.
    Getting through a load of essays on a course.
    Seeing Ennio Morricone live, something I had regretted not doing sooner.

Lowlight
    Was at very beginning of year getting over someone that finished with me last Xmas.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Highlight: the birth of a beautiful nephew to add to my brothers brood ( I am buying him condoms next year cannot afford more nieces and nephews )

Lowlight: the loss of my Nan, the most wonderful woman in the world to me and my best friend , something that is still felt hard every day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Highlight:Being reunited with a old friend who I hadn't seen in years and passing my reassessments in uni.

Lowlight:Failing a important assignment and saying goodbye to some close friends.

Hope 2011 is better than the last year.
  • MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highlight-holiday

Lowlight-falling out with my best friend.
  • wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highlights -not too sure about this one...probably the new friends i made this year whilst on holiday, some of them are gonna be friends for life :)

Lowlights - losing my Nan :(
  • The ManglerThe Mangler Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lowlights: a really awful malicious person trying and succeeding in causing untold trouble for all my family
    My husband's health deteriorating
    realising someone I thought was a very close friend wasnt actually that at all

Highlights: visiting Madrid for my 40th
    daughters fantastic gcse results
    my family of 5 are still all here (just about)

heres to a better 2011
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Highlight:-
    Clearing Dark Messiah/elder Scrolls Obvlion's Main Quest.
    Lowlight:
    Finding Out Thay Eso's Main Quest Ending Looked And Felt Like A Waste Of The Main Character;s Time.