The Big Reunion - ITV2 next Thursday

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I was having a night out on Broad Street in Birmingham,,,,i was in Ronnie Scotts and standing on his own was Sean from Five (it was the 90's and Five were in concert in Birmingham).....i asked him where the others were and he said they were in the Hotel and that he had come out on his own:eek:
    I thought it was strange that he would come out on his own :confused:
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange that they missed out 'Song for lovers' that was their last song to get any real airplay or sucess...and I thought it was a shocker that marked the beginning of the end for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67iMEizMzHQ

they followed that up with a poor cover of Shalamar's 'night to remember'

I remember those two songs! :)

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm surprised at 5ive's record sales. As much as I quite liked some of their songs, I don't remember them being that big. :o Maybe it's selective memory :p
    All I remember was that there seemed to be constant stories about how they weren't getting no.1s compared to Westlife (until Keep Moving).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I am ABsolutely PMSL at ABs weird accent.......he's just embarrassing himself, the plonker
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess Jenny didn't want to turn up for the Big Reunion, so we get Katona instead :(
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Guess Jenny didn't want to turn up for the Big Reunion, so we get Katona instead :(

Jenny gave birth to twins last week so it's probably just wrong timing
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I remember those two songs! :)

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm surprised at the supposed record sales that 5ive have had. As much as I quite liked some of their songs, I don't remember them being that big. :o Maybe it's selective memory :p
    All I remember was that there seemed to be constant stories about how they weren't getting no.1s compared to Westlife (until Keep Moving).

they had bigger international success than Westlife and most other UK boybands.Their first album went Platinum in the US, and 'When the lights go out' was a top10 there. They were also big in Australia and Europe.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Richie is eye popping, Abz in street-chavving!!!
  • FlorianFlorian Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Abz accent is just plain embarrassing.
  • francis7francis7 Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    I am ABsolutely PMSL at ABs weird accent.......he's just embarrassing himself, the plonker

It is absolutely pathetic, but if anything it was even stronger when he was on Celeb Love Island about five years back, so he's been talking like a complete prat for a while now.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And even though every time I see Katona going 'ta da' on the trailer for this, which makes me want to smash my TV, I will be watching this next week.
    This made me lol :D:D Nicely put.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Abs is still a pillock.
    I was waiting until the end of the programme to see if my same initial opinion would change. Naah it didn't.
    film_fan wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed that rich from 5ive now has a rather strange accent???
    Well spotted!

Not a bad programme overall, interesting to get the back story on what went right and then what went wrong. As much as I'm no fan of Five, it would have been nice to get a statement of such from the missing one to get his reasoning why he didn't want to take part and the comment made about him from the others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Loved this show because I liked both groups, the only 2 I wasn't a big fan of on the reunion show are 911 and The Honeyz, I personally can't wait for when B*Witched are on it.

I also can't believe they ignored Liberty X Song 4 Lovers, I bloody loved it so much and it was a big hit for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loved the programme, itv need to give Abs his own show...its always funny when a 30yr old talks lyk dey live in da ghetto wen dey dnt
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed watching that. Look forward to next week!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who did the commentary. Sounded like Gok Wan?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aries_123 wrote: »
    loved the programme, itv need to give Abs his own show...its always funny when a 30yr old talks lyk dey live in da ghetto wen dey dnt

:D:D:D I feel sorry for him, though! Where can he get a job at 33 speaking like that??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »

Andi Peters
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not Gok, but will tell you when I've caught up ;-)

I think it could be Simon Mayo...
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought it sounded like Andi Peters!

xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm-a-pain wrote: »
    I thought it sounded like Andi Peters!

xx

Think you've nailed it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's Dance - great track...
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    What happened between sinead and one of the sisters in Bwitched? Sounds like a bit of drama there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more I see Abs - the worse he seems - hair dye, tatts!!! He needs therapy...
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also can't believe they ignored Liberty X Song 4 Lovers, I bloody loved it so much and it was a big hit for them.

Yeh that was top 5 wasn't it? It was also quite near the end wasn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Yeh that was top 5 wasn't it? It was also quite near the end wasn't it?

Yeah it was late, it was on that album X with the title track that they were discussing the cheap video for, I really liked the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Michelle was really brave....