Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inside Llewyn Davis - another Coen brothers masterpiece, 9.5/10 :)
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In The Heat Of The Sun (Yangguang Canlan de Rizi) (1994) 9/10
    Seagulls Die In The Harbour (Meeuwen sterven in de haven) (1955) 7.5/10
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it may have been the Human Centipede. I do love that film
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    Szindbad - Zoltán Huszárik's 1971 8/10

Ikarie XB-1 - Jindrich Polák 1963 7/10
  • Options
    Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Trick 'r Treat
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    The Graduate (1967) - 8/10
  • Options
    TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cast Away. 8/10. Great movie but the end dragged on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    This Is The End. After watching that, I almost wish it was. I liked the idea, but I really do hate the straight up unfunny crudeness of it and so many other films like it these days. I might be showing my age here, but something doesn't have to be disgusting to be funny. In my view, anyway :D
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mind Snatchers - 1972 drama starring Christopher Walken as a troublemaking soldier who is sent to a secluded institution to be used as a brain surgery/mind control guinae pig. Not bad. One of four films on a £1 4-films-on-one-disc compilation I bought years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (2004) - 8/10
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mind Snatchers - 1972 drama starring Christopher Walken as a troublemaking soldier who is sent to a secluded institution to be used as a brain surgery/mind control guinae pig. Not bad. One of four films on a £1 4-films-on-one-disc compilation I bought years ago.

How uncanny, I also bought Mind Snatchers from the £ shop! I also bought The Grim Reaper, Possession and Forgotten Sins And yes, they are all surprisingly good films, especially Forgotten Sins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Double Life (1947) 7.5/10
    Real Fiction (Shilje sanghwang) (2000) 5/10
  • Options
    babyshezbabyshez Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argo - 9/10
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Man of Steel- 7/10 should've been better
    White House down- 5/10
    After Earth- 1/10
  • Options
    Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Zodiac
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    White House Down - 5/10
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beautiful Thing - 9/10

Haven't seen this since I was a teenager. Such a sweet and true to life film. Reminded me of my own troubles growing up and trying to accept ny own sexuality. Definitely one of the better LGBT films out there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Django Unchained. 09/10
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »
    How uncanny, I also bought Mind Snatchers from the £ shop! I also bought The Grim Reaper, Possession and Forgotten Sins And yes, they are all surprisingly good films, especially Forgotten Sins.

The other three films on this disc are 'Leprechaun in the Hood', 'Servants of Twilight', and 'Jericho Mansions' (which I've already posted about in this thread). It has proved to be a worthwhile purchase, anyway. A real sleeper ultra-budget DVD!

Anyway, I just finished watching a miniseries called 'Unsere Mutter, unsere Vater', which I highly recommend. It follows the (mis)fortunes of five young German friends during World War 2. Two brothers who are both in the army, a Jewish man, a glamourous female singer, and a female military nurse. Very gritty, excellent attention to detail, maybe a few too many coincidences (but that doesn't matter)........ Harrowing, but very good.
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Hawking" starring Benedict Cummerbatch. 8/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Falling Leaves (Giorgobistve) (1966) 8/10
    Paradise: Love (Paradies: Liebe) (2012) 6/10
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoah (1985) - 7/10.
    This documentary comprises almost nothing but the film-maker's interviews with survivors, former camp/SS guards and witnesses. The subject is the Holocaust, but it's really about the effect of the Holocaust on everyone years later.
    Reels of people sharing memories, descriptions, observations, musings, and quiet attempts to understand or justify. Unusually, we don't see any actual footage or photos of the Holocaust. We rely on these people's memories, and numerous shots of present-day locations of events that happened decades ago, to imagine how it had been. I did wonder if this is what's inspired World War Z (the book) as the structure is striking similar, with the film-maker travelling the world to meet with people, who were there, to learn how it all came together.
    Anyway, the documentary's running time is roughly 10 hours, so it took me almost a week to finish it. Good and quite powerful at times, but draggy and repetitive at other times. I don't regret watching it, though.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Milius [2013]. Directors: Joey Figueroa & Zak Knutson

7/10

Documentary on Hollywood maverick (and right-wing nutter) John Milius

Bedtime Stories [2008]. Director: Adam Shankman

5/10

Adam Sandler goes Disney. Russell Brand looks a bit lost too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Carefree (1938) - 8/10
  • Options
    bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man Of Steel - Awfull, they had the flying dragons from avatar flying round and shooting ray-guns at the start, what???? Agent van Alden appearing as General Zod, didn't help the film. Rubbish/10.

The Lone Ranger- Aside from being a bit too long,i found my attention wavering occasionally, this was very enjoyable, nice touches of humor throughout and a wonderful finale, money well spent.
    A diddddle diddle diddddle diddle diddddle diddle did dint 8/10.
This discussion has been closed.