The Big Reunion - ITV2 next Thursday

Comments

• pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honeyz and 911 are the two bands I couldn't really care about, but I loved the others. I only got to see some of the late repeat last night and fell asleep before it was over, but I will try and catch it before the next episode. Looks really good seeing them all again and the highs and lows of each band. Certainly not what you'd have expected as when you were younger and saw these bands on TV they all looked like best friends and that they were having the best time. How wrong we were!

Jenny Frost gave birth recently, but I do remember that she said she would never have anything to do with Atomic Kitten again (and possibly this show too) if Katona was in any way involved as the two of them apparently hate each other, or at the very least Jenny hates Kerry, I'm not sure how Kerry feels about Jenny, but I'm sure it's not sunshine and rainbows either!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I tuned in and missed a bit of it. Five were on and was slightly irrated how childish they were torching hotels and getting arrested. They obviously needed a damn good smack when they were younger.
  • hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved this show. I was between the ages of 10-13 when most of these bands were big so listening to their music brings back lots of memories.

Really interesting hearing the nitty gritty bits of being in a band. As a naive kid I would have thought all was rosy.

I can't stand Kerry Katona I'm not surprised at Jennys reaction! I have a feeling she'll wind up most people on the show.

Found Richie Nevilles aussie accent oh and Abz voice a bit annoying. But I quite liked Sean (or Shon) : )
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,483
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    Surely this put paid to an S Club 7 reunion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj-0AcUWZEk

:eek: :o
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish Katona wasn't part of this. It's killing the buzz for me :( I just don't like her. She has no redeeming features whatsoever.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, could do without KK really - She's had enough exposure already - Let it go Kerry!!!!
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    It's mad to think B*Witched had a platinum and gold album in America. That is big achievement for an Irish girl group.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    :eek: :o
    After seeing your response, I viewed the same clip....

:eek: Don't know what was worst - the obvious lack of coordination between the so-called dancers or the state of the S-Club 3 trying to act like they're in the same group!!
    I really wish Katona wasn't part of this. It's killing the buzz for me :( I just don't like her. She has no redeeming features whatsoever.
    Didn't she say that she didn't sing live or couldn't sing??
  • Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    Surely this put paid to an S Club 7 reunion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj-0AcUWZEk

Oh dear :o Did Paul eat the other 4 S Clubbers? :eek:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »

I think it was actually both :)

Just watched the first one and really liked it actually. I did laugh out loud when Scott's little boy was playing football, missed the goal and shouted out "Arrr I hate my life!" :D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. I was in the target audience for these sorts of groups at the time. :o
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Did 5ive have an obligatory gay one?

Until reading this the other day, I had always thought that Ritchie was gay.
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its really sweet that everyone from Liberty X is now in a happy relationship with at least one baby, who are all about the same age :D
  • Jon411Jon411 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed last night, seeing the clips of the upcoming weeks it seems that Liberty X probably have fewer issues to sort out than some of the others, I thought they came across really well.

I think the B*Witched story could be the most interesting, I know the story as to how they lost their record deal but was surprised to see tension between Sinead and the Lynch sisters.

It will be interesting to see how far they go with the Atomic Kitten story - whether they are going to focus on just the first album when Kerry was about and then the Whole Again/ Eternal Flame era or if they'll go all the way through with Liz and Natasha talking about everything up to the end as they seemed to only concentrate on the beginning and end of both bands last night and missed out most of the middle - especially Liberty X, they totally bypassed Song 4 Loverz and Jumpin' (Can't remember if Being Nobody got mentioned or not).
  • catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting programme. I don't really remember much of 5ive - I certainly didn't know how young they were or about their behaviour.

I had previously thought that Tony from Liberty X was gay! :o

I was quite into Atomic Kitten, but only after Kerry left. I don't remember much of B*Witched, and I don't remember 911 or Honeyz at all!

An S Club 8 reunion would be interesting I think!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, not been through this thread so dunno if this question has been raised but ...

Liberty X but no Hear'say?
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Sorry, not been through this thread so dunno if this question has been raised but ...

Liberty X but no Hear'say?

Myleene Klass is really quite a bit more famous than everyone else?
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Myleene Klass is really quite a bit more famous than everyone else?

I'm sure Noel and Shrek would be gagging to take part!
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon411 wrote: »
    ... especially Liberty X, they totally bypassed Song 4 Loverz and Jumpin' (Can't remember if Being Nobody got mentioned or not).

Yeah, I quite liked Jumpin' :o

I suppose they didn't really do a proper story on all the songs - they missed out quite a few of 5ive's too. I guess there is only so much they can fit in one show, and they had to skim over quite a lot of stuff probably.

I never remember 5ive's behaviour being a big deal in the press to be honest (the whole out of control/burning rooms/fighting stuff). I'm not sure if they hyped it up a bit for the programme.

Do we get to see them have an awkward first reunion meeting at some point then? I was hoping for that in this episode - I think it might have worked better to put that in the episode relevant to that band, and then show them all together singing/dancing/whatever later on.

Also, in terms of showmances - Jay from 5ive was dating Mel C of the Spice Girls at one point I think, but I'm not sure if it was ever genuine. And I thought the Ritchie/Billie Piper romance was set up to cover up his homosexuality - but clearly not! I was surprised Ritchie was the one involved in fights etc - I thought he was a bit more 'sensible' and the trouble would have been the others.

I remember being madly in love with Jay from 5ive at one point. To be fair, I still think he looks alright in the old videos. But he sounds like he wasn't very nice. I notice Abs wouldn't say that - he said some of the others found Jay overpowering but not him. I dunno if you ever get the full truth about these things, sounds like he was an idiot to me and the whole group would have known that.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm 24 so I wasn't into The Honeyz (but recognise a couple of songs) and only liked 911 at the end, but everyone else, I loved!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Was just on iTunes and noticed Five's Greatest Hits is no 8 in the album chart.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Great programme! It probably would have been even better if each group had a whole episode as some things probably deserved more time, but I guess the producers were scared that featuring just 1 act a week could affect the viewing figures?

Like a few on here, I'm really looking forward to the B*witched episode - although I'm slightly scared my childhood will be tainted by it as I loved them!!
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Not sure why The Honeyz are on this to be honest? They were never really that popular.

They will have a good story though I reckon - heck, the group was like a soap opera in terms of what went on publiclly, so god knows what it was like behind the scenes! Besides, they were pretty big for a while. I liked them anyway so I'm glad they're on. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny that the 'kerry's back' at the end was clearly supposed to be some sort of teaser to make me want to keep watching :D

Good programme and i'm looking forward to the rest (especially the b*witched one judging by the preview :eek:)

I also found Abs (sorry Abz) and his accent hilarious, made funnier by the fact he now lives on a farm!
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,139
    Forum Member
    To be fair Abs accent is way better than years ago when celeb love island was on I remember turning off cos he had that fake Jamaican accent which maybe would have been believable if five hadn't just broke up and he'd talked normal in the band
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    After seeing your response, I viewed the same clip....

:eek: Don't know what was worst - the obvious lack of coordination between the so-called dancers or the state of the S-Club 3 trying to act like they're in the same group!!

Yes, she did. It should be interesting when she tries to sing!:eek:

I couldn't get over how much she's aged - it's hard to get my head around the fact that she's only in her early 30s!

I've just caught up with last night's ep. Rivetting stuff - it should be required viewing for all wannabes!