Will Doug care about Courtney flirting and saying she feels more independent?

KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
Forum Member
✭✭✭
That convo with Lauren must have been uncomfortable for Doug when Courtney stated that she feels differently towards Doug despite Doug wanting to love her forever or something. I thought it was a very telling conversation. Even though she said she wanted him to continue loving her she said she didn't want the house to change her feelings,implying it had.

Also the flirting and suggestive drunken comments towards Mario and when she's sober,making eyes at Abz.

I just think the lass is to young to be married,she just isn't mature enough to be so. But will Doug care?:confused:

Comments

• SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me I felt like I was witnessing a young girl who suddenly realised she is missing out on all the things which most young adults enjoy doing. It could end up putting a strain on their relationship in the future. Who knows...
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Courtney didn't show much sexual passion for her husband when she came face to face with him in the house. She even turned her head when he went in to kiss her. There doesn't seem to be much passion from her when she sees him. Strange relationship, that one.
  • ThetrevsterThetrevster Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard it as her saying she felt in danger of it changing her and she didn't want it to happen.
  • KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Courtney didn't show much sexual passion for her husband when she came face to face with him in the house. She even turned her head when he went in to kiss her. There doesn't seem to be much passion from her when she sees him. Strange relationship, that one.

Apparently she said to Louis the reason why she was a bit luke warm when greeting him but I don't know what that was.

As you say there is zero sexual attraction from her end but he looked completely loved up.
    I just wonder if her comments will be a revelation to him or if she has acted this way before.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

I thought the same and then two days later she's gyrating and grinding up against Mario like a sex starved nymph.

No matter how it's dressed up or explained away by her dedicated fans ........I don't think Doug is gonna be a happy bunny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me I felt like I was witnessing a young girl who suddenly realised she is missing out on all the things which most young adults enjoy doing. It could end up putting a strain on their relationship in the future. Who knows...

Surely Doug should care about this though?
    When asked about Courtney's behavior by Emma yesterday he didn't LOOK amused at all,completely different to the previous week but all he said was she was 'being a cheeky monkey ' in the house.

And then they showed the footage of Courtney grinding up against Mario and her being suggestive,I just wonder what he was thinking.

They both claim to be devout christians too and in America such antics are frowned upon big time,not like here where we just see it as drunken sillyness.
    When asked what unites the couple in an interview Doug answered 'God'.

Gulp.
  • Jakone-BeeJakone-Bee Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doug seems very clingy. He will not like it one bit. It is only a matter of time until she comes to her senses and leaves him.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a big chance he has taken, marrying a child. She obviously needs a loving father figure. That was the relationship she was describing to Lauren very clearly. She needs to grow up naturally , not tied to an older man.Being away from him IMO has shown that to her but she will lose him in the process. He's not her father.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once back in USA things will be back to normal, What I don't get is how she nearly always calls him her "Husband" not often she says his name, Spencer Pratt often called Heidi his Wife, not by her name
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KittyKream wrote: »
    Surely Doug should care about this though?
    When asked about Courtney's behavior by Emma yesterday he didn't LOOK amused at all,completely different to the previous week but all he said was she was 'being a cheeky monkey ' in the house.

And then they showed the footage of Courtney grinding up against Mario and her being suggestive,I just wonder what he was thinking.

They both claim to be devout christians too and in America such antics are frowned upon big time,not like here where we just see it as drunken sillyness.
    When asked what unites the couple in an interview Doug answered 'God'.

Gulp.
    I instantly dismiss the devout Christian tag. It's more a smorgasbord of teachings they select from to suit themselves and their behaviour. Whilst frowning on others, all par for the course.There is nothing Christian about the way this kid has been exploited by her parents in particular and him to an extent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see it a little differently. I don't think Courtney wants any of the men in the house, she seems to me to be a girl who thrives on male attention. She isn't really asking herself what she feels sexually towards the men, she is only asking herself what they think of her sexually. I believe it is probably entirely because of her age.

I also think her husband enjoys other men looking at her. Why else would he encourage her and flaunt her in the press in their staged sexual photoshoots (the pumpkin patch one comes to mind).

Btw, I really like Courtney, I think she's very clever, and I don't begrudge her her right to discover her sexual self any way she chooses.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, you've put it so much better than me on another thread!:)
    Once she goes back to LA she might change back though - time will tell!
    Perhaps he's wise and allows her to sow her wild oats while she can??? I hope so though it's a slight worry that he wanted to marry her so young and not wait for her to mature.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I instantly dismiss the devout Christian tag. It's more a smorgasbord of teachings they select from to suit themselves and their behaviour. Whilst frowning on others, all par for the course.There is nothing Christian about the way this kid has been exploited by her parents in particular and him to an extent.

Thank you, Anne. It's amusing reading the comments about Doug being a loving, caring husband. All anyone has to do is look at the videos he's made of Courtney to see exactly what Doug's sees in Courtney and what his plans for her are.

Run like the wind, Courtney.
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She explained that one in a convo with Lauren. She said that she felt that she had put up a wall, because she knew that Doug would be going again and was protecting herself from being too upset. She also worried about what he'd think about her being slightly distant, showing that she is usually more passionate, when not in the BB house. Even so, she had her legs wrapped round him at one point, so it wasn't as passionless a meeting as some like to make out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    Oh, you've put it so much better than me on another thread!:)
    Once she goes back to LA she might change back though - time will tell!
    Perhaps he's wise and allows her to sow her wild oats while she can??? I hope so though it's a slight worry that he wanted to marry her so young and not wait for her to mature.

It was a worry to me also because surely if he loved her it would be her best interests he had at heart and her best interests would have been to wait.
    I sometimes wonder (worry) what Doug's thought processes are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Thank you, Anne. It's amusing reading the comments about Doug being a loving, caring husband. All anyone has to do is look at the videos he's made of Courtney to see exactly what Doug's sees in Courtney and what his plans for her are.

Run like the wind, Courtney.

Yes I hope she does. poor kid has been suffocated for most of her life.She needs a good old natural rebellion.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you think the whole union is fraudulent then?
    I just wonder what on earth is going on,I'm baffled by the relationship tbh :confused:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I hope she does. poor kid has been suffocated for most of her life.She needs a good old natural rebellion.:D

Yes, but what she needs more than anything else is not to be with someone like Doug. Again, have a look at the videos he's made of her. Those tell the real story of what their relationship is about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but what she needs more than anything else is not to be with someone like Doug. Again, have a look at the videos he's made of her. Those tell the real story of what their relationship is about.

Where can I find said video's? :)
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I must admit, I was taken in by their relationship at the start & really believed it was true love on both sides.

However..........Now I see it in a totally new light, Doug imo treats Courtney like a prize possession & I imagine would be very controlling, there was a clip (I don't think it was on the main show) where he was telling her not to smoke but it was in a very "father & daughter" kind of way & that's when my opinion started to change.

It looks like lights are being switched on in Courtney's head & she's suddenly realised she wants more from life, she does seem to be having a good time in the BB house but more importantly I think it's gave her time to reflect.

Courtney, as soon as you get home, find yourself a good divorce lawyer & start living life the way a 19 year old should.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the whole marraige thing is very unsavoury to say the least. What on earth was Doug thinking of, marrying a young teenager. It will come back to bite him big style, as I think Courtney will leave him and his career is in ruins because of the whole debacle & circus surrounding his union with someone so young.
  • Julie_BardoeJulie_Bardoe Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    KittyKream wrote: »
    Where can I find said video's? :)

I second that, where can you find videos he's made of her please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, she is exploited for cash and I hope she gets out and fast!!!
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for her, i hope one day she will be mature enough to realise what and where she may have gone wrong. Poor kid.:(
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he will be fine with it, he has known Courtney a lot longer then we have, for all we know that is how she is, just a harmless flirt, I have a friend like her, and she would never to anything, she just likes to flirt.