is anyone else underwhelmed by capaldi

monkeyscratchmonkeyscratch Posts: 36
Forum Member
Don't know bout the rest of who fanbase but considering 48% or so love dt I can't be the only one who thinks pc isn't the right man, dt he is not! Just where are they going with the show!?

Comments

• Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Delighted. Great actor. :)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Underwhelmed by a fantastic actor taking on the role?

Um, no, can't say I am.
  • Bruce WayneBruce Wayne Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Award winning actor, writer and director. A recipe for disaster! :p

And an interesting way to introduce yourself to the forum.
  • monkeyscratchmonkeyscratch Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping im proved wrong but atm I just can't see it working
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping im proved wrong but atm I just can't see it working

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. What qualities do you think he's missing? What do you think won't work? What impact does loving David in the role have on your expectations of Peter?
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    Don't know bout the rest of who fanbase but considering 48% or so love dt I can't be the only one who thinks pc isn't the right man, dt he is not! Just where are they going with the show!?

So the problem with Capaldi is that he isn't Tennant?
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And it's only possible to love one actor in the role of the Doctor?
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see his costume, to see what he will look like as The Doctor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to see this fella in action :-)
  • human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you give us a bit more to go on? Why isn't PC the right man? Where do you think the show will be going if you're so worried about it?
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he gets decent scripts I think he will be great :)

And I think (hopefully) if he doesn't get decent scripts he has the pedigree to say something about it and be listened to before they start filming

BTW I liked MS better than DT :D
    (but I do think DT had better stories)
    Forum Member
    rionia wrote: »
    If he gets decent scripts I think he will be great :)

And I think (hopefully) if he doesn't get decent scripts he has the pedigree to say something about it and be listened to before they start filming

BTW I liked MS better than DT :D
    (but I do think DT had better stories)

This :D
    Forum Member
    Firstly, im an ms supporter, I was looking at the fact that the majority seem to be dt fans, secondly the scripts and arcs have been weak since Moffat took control . . . I don't see this improving, the whole Clara thng won't work with a much older actor (donna would work better ... Esp with her humour). And I just dnt see it having any pace, like I said I hope im wrong. Also worth noting im not a 2005+ fan, started watching from jp and have been impressed with how the show has modernised for todays generation I feel that pc is a step backwards
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry you feel that Capaldi won't be much good as the Doctor. Perhaps we'd better wait and see.

I'm a bit puzzled by the fact that you think fans of David won't be happy with Capaldi. I'm a Tennant fan, and a Smith fan as well, and I think Capaldi will be great.

The Doctor is all about change - a new Doctor reinvents the show. Part of the excitement of it (a big part) is that we just don't know what he's going to be like, and where the story will lead.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmmmmmmmm.
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry you feel that Capaldi won't be much good as the Doctor. Perhaps we'd better wait and see.

I'm a bit puzzled by the fact that you think fans of David won't be happy with Capaldi. I'm a Tennant fan, and a Smith fan as well, and I think Capaldi will be great.

The Doctor is all about change - a new Doctor reinvents the show. Part of the excitement of it (a big part) is that we just don't know what he's going to be like, and where the story will lead.

I'm a William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann fan. Not so much Peter Davison, but I still accept him.
    Forum Member
    What did Peter do wrong?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann fan. Not so much Peter Davison, but I still accept him.

Yes, I'm all those, too.:D
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange. Most Tennant fans i know were overjoyed to see Capaldi bag the role.

But then again, there's Tennant fans who love his acting, and then there's Tennant fans who just think he's dreamy. I think i know which one the OP falls into.
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's one of my faourites, along with Jon Pertwee and Matt Smith.

It's Tom baker I'm not keen on (who every one else seems to love :o)
    Forum Member
    What did Peter do wrong?

I thought he seemed to much like a Yuppie. :o
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all underwhelmed - I'm totally looking forward to his portrayal of the Doctor.
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be a bad whovian
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Strange. Most Tennant fans i know were overjoyed to see Capaldi bag the role.

But then again, there's Tennant fans who love his acting, and then there's Tennant fans who just think he's dreamy. I think i know which one the OP falls into.

I think both. :D
    Forum Member
    Webslark wrote: »
    I must be a bad whovian

why is that?