JoJo 'Cookin' Kincaid

2»

Comments

• bigd558bigd558 Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    No he's not. Again it's American wank. If he's the guy I'm thinking of then it may as well be called "The dated jingle show" because he plays more jingles than actual songs. What does the listener get out of THAT?

Ermm you do understand that those Ron Sedaille You Tube Clips are Airchecked don't you? Its the links and the way he uses the jingles that are the essence - we all know what the songs sound like.

And as regards your less than classy comment on these 2 SUPERB ( and popular) US DJs as "american W*nk".

That style may not be to your taste, but if you can't see just how brilliantly done it is, and why it many might find it both enjoyable and engaging I'm wondering if you actually know anything at all about radio presentation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I'd rather have that high energy than the insipid, dull, bland and extremely boring diet that is called UK Commercial Radio.
    Oh, I forgot, you're not meant to wake the listeners up, as they are all in a homogenised trance- after all, you commercial radio programmers know what is best for people don't you :-(
    The term wallpaper radio has been taken to new heights in recent decades.

There should be a new term introduced "Watching paint dry Radio" it is far more accurate!

Dave
  • wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daverock wrote: »
    I'd rather have that high energy than the insipid, dull, bland and extremely boring diet that is called UK Commercial Radio.
    Oh, I forgot, you're not meant to wake the listeners up, as they are all in a homogenised trance- after all, you commercial radio programmers know what is best for people don't you :-(
    The term wallpaper radio has been taken to new heights in recent decades.

There should be a new term introduced "Watching paint dry Radio" it is far more accurate!

Dave

A real shame DS doesn't have a "like" button.....well said!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on Dave.

This argument of "shouty DJs" not welcome or not right for British radio as some people have remarked in this thread, well would it be fair to place Kenny Everett in that category? And Kenny is regarded as one of the greats of British radio (around before my time sadly). I have listened to clips of Kenny on YT and he's certainly buzzing with energy especially when in character. I wouldn't expect anyone to criticise Kenny as being a shouty DJ.

British radio needs DJs with high energy to add to the mix.
  • BingethinkBingethink Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    High energy is fine. Danny Baker has lots of energy and - when he's firing - his mind is buzzing with all sorts of connections, allusions, throwbacks. Kenny Everett - yes, I guess a similar talent in a different era, and also bringing loads of jokes, ideas and thoughts into an energised package. Even someone like Jeremy Vine approaches his show with energy and passion, but it's full of interesting content.

The guy on here, though, is putting a lot of effort into shouting nothing at me. I know it's Friday. I know it's the weekend. Having someone shouting it at me on the radio doesn't make me feel more energised or alive or ready to paaar-taaay.