Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    @slackereconomy: Good, that's what they want, to use good music, but not the typical overused ones, tracks that are good enough to make people think "Hey, i think i know this one, what's the name", etc :)

@Purple-Kiwis: If you want more Random Characters, you'll be very happy with GTA V, it takes from Red Dead Redemptions version, so you'll have main Random Character missions that can be done at any time (open missions) as well as Random Events such as thefts, people trying to lure you into a dark alley, people challenging you to races at traffic lights, etc, just small things like that to make the world feel more active.

@mojobrew: You still do get people like that, the only regret I've seen is that San Andreas spawned off it's own sub-culture, people who just rave and rave about how San Andreas is the only good GTA game and CJ this and CJ that, and how the other games (III and Vice City included) are just crap, interesting enough, you also get the racism card played A LOT, if you turn around and say that san Andreas is NOT your best GTA game, you get this group of people calling you racist and saying that the reason you don't like it is because CJ is black! etc, it's quite hilarious how the game has that weird audience with it.

@blitzben85: And that there is my personal fave from GTA London!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    people here are saying how fantastic San Andreas was, that they wish all GTA games were as good as that one.

I think that San Andreas had the best gameplay, with all the things you could do, but I was far more drawn in to Vice City's characters, setting and story. CJ annoyed me at times, shouting about how rich he was and even his own name whilst shooting people!
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I think that San Andreas had the best gameplay, with all the things you could do, but I was far more drawn in to Vice City's characters, setting and story. CJ annoyed me at times, shouting about how rich he was and even his own name whilst shooting people!

Agreed. GTA III blew me away. Vice City is still my favourite.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Still waiting on vice city to drop on android store FFS cmon google lol

Been playing gta TBOGT for the first time nice little adtions brought in like a tank love a tank in a GTA game

I liked san andreas but did anybody else feel it was to big with alot of nothingness inbetween citys sometimes i found it boring plus the whole ghetto SL didt interest me much and i didt like CJ either
    I know it was relistic to have alot of country inbetween citys but i dunno i just didt gel to it that much
    Plus i felt other things suffered from the game being so big like less characters and pesdestrians on the roads

Vice city on the other hand was right up my alley
    Class characters
    Cool location
    Cool story
    Cool music that just fits the setting

Heres hoping GTAV do it right the characters seem fun to watch
    Big map as san andreas but hopfully its better
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    I liked san andreas but did anybody else feel it was to big with alot of nothingness

Yes, I thought that the fields of San Fierro and the Las Venturas desert were too vast.

I preferred Vice City because it was small enough that each area was distinct. You had places like Washington Beach, The Mall, Prawn Island, the Downtown area and the Cuban and Haitian gangs' respective territories. SA's areas of Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas were all a change of scenery from each other but didn't have many distinct areas within them.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Yes, I thought that the fields of San Fierro and the Las Venturas desert were too vast.

I preferred Vice City because it was small enough that each area was distinct. You had places like Washington Beach, The Mall, Prawn Island, the Downtown area and the Cuban and Haitian gangs' respective territories. SA's areas of Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas were all a change of scenery from each other but didn't have many distinct areas within them.

Yeah it's not so much about the size but more the personality. Not saying GTA SA didn't have any, it just wasn't as recognisable due to the scale of the thing and the time it took to open the whole map in comparison to Vice City. I did prefer VC that respect as it was more compact and you could place me anywhere without a map and I'd know right off the bat were I was, not quite so with GTA SA.

I don't personally care for a huge game world, I'd honestly be happy with a revisit to Vice City only fully realised with great graphics as that place had everything. It was the ideal setting for this type of game.
  • flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. I loved the wide open spaces in SA, being able to hoon around the countryside/desert was great and the extra scale meant you could use the planes/helicopters (and jetpack :D) properly. Playing it through again on my laptop at the moment, just finished flight school, and although the graphics look dated now it's still easily my favourite GTA.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    flynn wrote: »
    I disagree. I loved the wide open spaces in SA, being able to hoon around the countryside/desert was great and the extra scale meant you could use the planes/helicopters (and jetpack :D) properly. Playing it through again on my laptop at the moment, just finished flight school, and although the graphics look dated now it's still easily my favourite GTA.

There is a mod oit that updates san andreas map with gta 4 graphics
    You should check it out its very cool cant do any missions though lol
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    There is a mod oit that updates san andreas map with gta 4 graphics
    You should check it out its very cool cant do any missions though lol
    That'll be Grand Theft Auto IV San Andreas ... I think I posted about that earlier in the thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    The Original Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is launching on PSN this week!

The Original Vice City however, I'm afraid has been put back.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »

I wish they would HD these games. I still have the Xbox versions of last generations GTA games so going for the PS2 classic version would be a downgrade :(

It just seems lazy not to spruce-up the old versions.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OMG..fantastic news:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant, Absoloutely skint but hopefully be a good game for playing this weekend :D
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member

Is that a sub I see?! That's different! Wonder if that might be a mission in game?
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheers Ash.

Love the dog in the passenger seat. :p
  • Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Is that a sub I see?! That's different! Wonder if that might be a mission in game?

Yes it is.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Actually looking at they photos again it's really scary how pretty perfect the graphics look! Unreal indeed!
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Ash, Merry Christmas !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://m.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/12/24/new-gta-5-screens-sharks-and-jumbo-jets-and-submarines-but-mainly-sharks
    Ohhhhhhhhh, sharks, mini subs n' stuff.
    Oh crap, should have looked at ash's link first, sorry folks but MERRY FECKIN CHRISTMAS to one and all. :D:D
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,155
    Forum Member
    I love how Rockstar teases with screenshots and trailers every so often, but the finished product never looks or plays as good as advertised.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheG-Man wrote: »
    http://m.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/12/24/new-gta-5-screens-sharks-and-jumbo-jets-and-submarines-but-mainly-sharks
    Ohhhhhhhhh, sharks, mini subs n' stuff.
    Oh crap, should have looked at ash's link first, sorry folks but MERRY FECKIN CHRISTMAS to one and all. :D:D

MERRY FECKIN CHRISTMAS to you too! :D

Screenshots look brilliant and tease tastic as always. Sharks!!
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how Rockstar teases with screenshots and trailers every so often, but the finished product never looks or plays as good as advertised.

So true. The screenshots always look AMAZING on various sites and tv ads, but when you get the game, you stick it in, fire it up, and suddenly you're all like "ahh, it's...pretty basic."
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That can be said for any game. But yes, i agree.
This discussion has been closed.