Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• nydernyder Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats the snipy attitude that gets you and stcoop a deserved bashing in the other thread. People have opinions. opinions are not right nor are they wrong.

Of course opinions are right or wrong. In this case stcoop, negophil (I never get his name right) and myself were right. (along with a few others)

Believe me, if it had turned out I was wrong, this is one of the few cases were I would have gleefully admitted to being wrong. Being wrong would have meant even more Doctor Who. I would gave gladly eaten my humble pie with a huge grin spread across my face.

Unfortunately I wasn't wrong.

Unlike others, I don't let my heart rule my brain. Simple cold logic and common sense were all that were required.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Maybe the mistake I made was not giving a toss how much Who we get so long as we get some. I was disappointed with only getting 4 specials in 2009, but I forgot about it when 2009 came around and got busy looking forward to the next episode.
  • stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I can also have an opinion of how many "a few" months are. And 6 months is less of a wait than usual, and far less than the wait we had between series 5 and 6a

Between series maybe. How about between two halves of what's supposed to be the same series?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I can also have an opinion of how many "a few" months are. And 6 months is less of a wait than usual, and far less than the wait we had between series 5 and 6a

It's like the three wise monkeys isn't it? :D

When is a few not a few?

When does a few become some?

When does some become many?

When I was at school we were told to think about it in these terms:-

couple = 2
    few = 3
    some = 4
    several = 5 - 9
    many = greater than 9

Of course you can choose anything you like in order to desperately hang on to being right. Perhaps a few could be 24???

Perhaps the wait between the 1996 episode and 'Rose' (9 years) was simply a 'short time'.
    Forum Member
    6a/6b: may - september IIRC... about 4 months
    71/7b: October - April 6/ 7 months.

Not too bad IMO.
    Forum Member
    Anyone posted this summary from GallifreyBase:
    MARCUS WILSON; Producer from DWM 455:

"We are gearing up for the 50th anniversary, too. Steven pitched myself and the Director the full storyline of the Anniversary Special the other night for the first time. We were both like 'Wow, Okay. That's cool. How the hell are we going to do that?' Expensive. Ambitious. Thrilling. All the things you'd want from an anniversary. A love letter to the fans, and an absolute romp and a thrill for the casual viewer. We'll be shooting that in April 2013. Exciting times."

MULTI DOCTOR WATCH: Over the first two weeks of April Davison, C Baker, McCoy and McGann with Nicholas Briggs, Frazer Hines and John Leeson are touring Australia and NZ, of course April could mean the second half, going from the airport to Cardiff. Hopefully.

I wouldn't want the tour to be cancelled for the Australasian fans because compared to us they barely get anything. But hopefully filming dates can be jigged. (IF it's a multi-Doc of course!!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6a/6b: may - september IIRC... about 4 months
    71/7b: October - April 6/ 7 months.

Not too bad IMO.

Lets look at it honestly.

2011 Christmas spec to 7a
    Dec to 1st Sept = 8 months

End of 7a to 2012 Christmas spec
    End of Sep - Dec 25th = 3 months

2012 Christmas spec to 7b
    Dec to April ?? = 3 / 4 months

End of 7b to Anniversary spec
    End of May? - Nov 23rd = 6 months

So, covering just one series with 2 christmas & 1 Anniversary specials we have 21 months without Doctor Who.
    Forum Member
    most years under RTD there was no Who on for about 7.5-8 months, it mainly felt like less than that because it was spread out more due to having 1 continuous run IMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    most years under RTD there was no Who on for about 7.5-8 months, it mainly felt like less than that because it was spread out more due to having 1 continuous run IMO

OK then. By the end of next year we will have had 4 years under SM, so lets compare his 4 years to RTD's first 4 years-

Under RTD = 52 Episodes and 4 specials

Under SM = 36 Episodes and 5 specials

The numbers do not lie.

Using your reasoning it could be argued that it would be a great idea to have one DW episode every 2 months. There'd only be 6 episodes a year but, Hey, you'd never be more than 2 months away from more Doctor Who.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway, back to meaningful Series 7 Spoilers & Speculation. Oh no... in the new trailer..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012httx
    IT'S THE ICE LADY :cry:

Love the hand grab scene :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Anyway, back to meaningful Series 7 Spoilers & Speculation. Oh no... in the new trailer..

Ian McKellen's voice! I'm really looking forward to this. :)
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    According to SFX interview with moffat....
    A cliffhanger will leave us wondering wether coleman is playing the same character in the xmas special as in the episode she was in last series.

and he said, on the anniversary "One of the things that happens is almost co-incidental, but its amazing"
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    According to SFX interview with moffat....
    A cliffhanger will leave us wondering wether coleman is playing the same character in the xmas special as in the episode she was in last series.

and he said, on the anniversary "One of the things that happens is almost co-incidental, but its amazing"
    So the Doctor is going to
    be cheered up by travelling with a companion who he knows will eventually be turned into a Dalek? I can see that helping him no end! Unless there's some twist where she was actually controlling the Dalek from elsewhere and he only thought she'd been turned into it.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

Looks pretty cool.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just seen the trailer on the telly, looks like it's going to be a great episode. :D
    Wonder why Clara kisses the Doctor in the corridor:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Clara Who?"
    "Doctor Who?"

Two very important questions with two very important answers.
  • dorkjacksndorkjacksn Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a444795/doctor-who-steven-moffat-on-2013-episodes-weve-gone-all-out.html

So based on what I've picked up from here and GBase:

• The base under siege story is the Soviet/Ice Warrior one

• The ghost story is Neil Cross's 'Phantoms of the Hex'
    • The Diana Rigg Victorian campfest is Mark Gatiss' 'Crimson Horror'
    • Obviously the Cyberman story is Gaiman's and the finale Moffats.

So that leaves this 'urban thriller' episode, and more tantalisingly a proper alien planet! Any ideas as to which these two are? CAN'T WAIT TILL APRIL DAMNIT!! :D
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why oh no? I didn't see Clara's curled-up little frozen body or a regeneration or anything, I just saw a lot of running lol. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorkjacksn wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a444795/doctor-who-steven-moffat-on-2013-episodes-weve-gone-all-out.html

So that leaves this 'urban thriller' episode, and more tantalisingly a proper alien planet! Any ideas as to which these two are? CAN'T WAIT TILL APRIL DAMNIT!! :D

The urban thriller is the first of 7B - with the London motorbike stuff :)
  • Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I have to say, every time we get closer to new runs of Doctor Who, my excitement just builds up so much - the reviews that have come up for The Snowmen are looking really good, and the rest of series 7 is becoming more tangible with every passing day...

...this is why i'm proud to be a Doctor Who fan after nearly 8 years :)
  • dorkjacksndorkjacksn Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The urban thriller is the first of 7B - with the London motorbike stuff :)

Ah cheers! Sounds a bit different at any rate, is that the one with all the London filming?

That just leaves Neil Cross's first episode as the alien planet one then I guess?
    Forum Member
    The Cyber episode is also set to feature an alien planet :)
  • CraigpughCraigpugh Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some exciting tidbits about Xmas and 7b here thanks for sharing.

I am a bit disappointed that my hope that when Steven Moffat said 'more who than ever before' in 2013 might mean more new episodes seems to not going to happen.

So what else could he have meant? (Giving benefit of doubt that he meant it)
    Could we see a major series of repeats? clip shows, documentaries? etc.

Could he have meant more DOCTORS than ever before (please please I do so much want a multi dr episode of some kind)
    Forum Member
    Tom Spilsbury says that DWM doesnt confirm anything about the number of episodes we get next year (not that I'm all that fussed) -- I'm going to hang tight and listen to Moff's advice of "patience!"
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorkjacksn wrote: »

What exactly is an 'urban thriller'? I know the term, but quite frankly I don't know what it is.
This discussion has been closed.