Alba ALDTR 160 - audio problem

jimbojimbo Posts: 16,276
Forum Member
✭✭
My aunt has an Alba ALDTR160 Freeview recordable receiver.

Every few weeks or so, the sound on this box is in the wrong key, at a lower pitch than it should be.

Even when it is in key, after a shorter period of time, the sound keeps making pulse noises as if the processor inside it is not keeping up with the speed of the actual transmission.

This occurs on all channels, and happens also on the Sony Sky SD Digibox whenever a software upgrade takes place.

A 1kHz tone actually sounds like a 900 kHz tone, and the sound jumps to catch up. It is much worse on the Sony Sky Digibox. On the Alba at least the sound doesn't jump.

The fault can easily be fixed by rebooting the receiver. However, my aunt says she does not notice it as a problem. The fault appears to get gradually worse over a period of several weeks.

Has anyone else had any problems with this receiver? It is possible that you may only notice it if you have absolute or perfect pitch.

Finally, I am not sure if when you record a programme while the box is in this state that it plays it back like this after reboot or not, even though it is highly likely that recordings sound funny on playback if you do not reboot the box. (hope I have not confused anyone)!

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is a vestel t825

http://www.vestelpvr.futaura.co.uk/

mine sometimes take a few seconds for the hard disk to "synch", so the sound is intermittent, but then its ok.

since the digital datastream is clocked out at a fixed speed, then on the face of it, I cant see how such a weird fault could possibly occur!