Facebook app

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,087
Forum Member
This is a very good app on the iphone. Those wishing to send pictures this is a very practical way to do it especially if everyone else you know has the app. Allows you to take photos on your iphone and upload instantly which should overcome the MSM thing in part. This info is for those that may not already have it btw. Great thing it's free too. Loving the free IM lite app too very groovy, no real need to use sms with that on your phone..

Comments

• lamplite1clamplite1c Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Do you mean, accessing facebook? or is there a specific aplication, if so where do i get it from??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lamplite1c wrote: »
    Do you mean, accessing facebook? or is there a specific aplication, if so where do i get it from??
    On the iPhone then you can get it on the App Store. If you don't like the app or don't have 2.x firmware then go to http://iphone.facebook.com (I find it a bit limited though and prefer the app).

I think other phones such as the Blackberry and Nokia N-series have their own Facebook apps. For all other mobiles just go to http://m.facebook.com . You should be able to use email or MMS to send pictures. Better asking someone else though. I have only used Facebook on the iPhone. Be careful about data charges though if you don't have unlimited data.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,928
    Forum Member
    lamplite1c wrote: »

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=284882218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the link I was looking for! Lol. How do you get links from the iTunes Store?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the Facebook app on my Blackberry and it works really well.
  • lamplite1clamplite1c Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Cool Thanks Guys
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,928
    Forum Member
    kyussmondo wrote: »
    That's the link I was looking for! Lol. How do you get links from the iTunes Store?

right click on the name of the app (or song etc) and you have the option to "copy itunes store url".
  • C8XYC8XY Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the Facebook app can cause increased backup times.

If you notice it make sure to empty your inbox or even delete the app from the phone then re-install
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they update the Facebook app soon. The more I use it the more buggy I find it and I use it a lot. The main bug is the times in the News Feed which is really bothering me! The MySpace app can also do a similar thing, but does anyone in the UK use MySpace anymore? :p

It is also easy to upload pics using MobileMe and if you use Flickr then Mobile Fotos is a great app. There are many ways to overcome MMS, and Facebook is probably the best way as that is what most people use. Still...would it hurt Apple to just give us MMS? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not convinced we'll ever get MMS, and if you think about it its a pretty poor technology, it costs you (either money or allowance) to send a poor quality picture.
    Email and mobile uploads are the way forward and as more people upgrade to better phones, there won't be the need for old fashioned MMS.

And the Facebook app is very buggy for me too. I seem to get a limited feed and the times are all over the place!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,087
    Forum Member
    kyussmondo wrote: »
    On the iPhone then you can get it on the App Store. If you don't like the app or don't have 2.x firmware then go to http://iphone.facebook.com (I find it a bit limited though and prefer the app).

I think other phones such as the Blackberry and Nokia N-series have their own Facebook apps. For all other mobiles just go to http://m.facebook.com . You should be able to use email or MMS to send pictures. Better asking someone else though. I have only used Facebook on the iPhone. Be careful about data charges though if you don't have unlimited data.

Iphone doesn't have MMS so the FP app over the FP site can bypass this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,087
    Forum Member
    C8XY wrote: »
    Im not convinced we'll ever get MMS, and if you think about it its a pretty poor technology, it costs you (either money or allowance) to send a poor quality picture.
    Email and mobile uploads are the way forward and as more people upgrade to better phones, there won't be the need for old fashioned MMS.

And the Facebook app is very buggy for me too. I seem to get a limited feed and the times are all over the place!

Had no probs with it myself uploads my photos almost instantly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coooldude wrote: »
    Had no probs with it myself uploads my photos almost instantly.

Yes my pictures upload with no problems, Facebook has other issues
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    the one flaw I find with the app is the times are all up the wall I mean if I go on on my iPod touch and update my status it will say I done it 8 hours ago
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C8XY wrote: »

True. The fact is though that a lot of people are still stuck with cheap PAYG phones. They don't need a smart phone and these phones are not going to be supporting email anytime soon. I agree that MMS is a pointless technology, but people still use it because manufacturers seem more interested in offering more megapixels in cameras or that is what the networks want manufacturers to offer so they can make more money on MMS. It is hardly a big deal to implement MMS, if I want to use it then I am aware that I have to pay the extra. I receive a few pictures a month from friends so it would be nice to be able to view them without going to that stupid O2 website.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving this application.

It's clean , easy to use, and a great way to keep in contact with people on the move and put up photo's.