Options

What will Doctor Who be like in 2020?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
Forum Member
✭✭
Predictions time for the next decade of the tv whoniverse. Do you think the show will still be on our screens in a deacades time? Who will be playing the 13th or 14th Doctor by then?Who'll be the showrunner? Will the show be broadcast in 3-D?

I think it'll still be on our screens by then and have decent viewing figures (collated by the amount of "time shift" viewers aka those who watch on new media ). I'll guess the Doctor will be played by either Colin Morgan from Merlin or Harry Lloyd from Human Nature/Family Of Blood by then. Either Paul Cornell or Gary Russell will be showrunner and yes it'll be in glorious 3-D.
We'll also have seen The Time War in all it's glory via a series of 3-D video games , which you'll also be able to subscribe to ongoing online:)

Comments

• Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much the same except a real TARDIS will be invented by then so they will actually be able to go back and forth in time* to film the episodes.

*due to budgetary constraints they will however still only be able to travel between London and Cardiff (mostly staying in Cardiff)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    Much the same except a real TARDIS will be invented by then so they will actually be able to go back and forth in time* to film the episodes.

*due to budgetary constraints they will however still only be able to travel between London and Cardiff (mostly staying in Cardiff)

:D
    Imagine if fandom gets its hands on a Tardis! There'll be a Time War waged as the production staff and forum posters cross back and forth in time to stop spoilers getting out.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Series finale that isn't set on or around Earth hopefully. One which doesn't involve the end of Humanity, Reality or Time :p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D
    Imagine if fandom gets its hands on a Tardis! There'll be a Time War waged as the production staff and forum posters cross back and forth in time to stop spoilers getting out.

*Zooms back in time to save lost episodes*
  • Options
    mikkyhmikkyh Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The TARDIS will still be a police box, the same one as always...but it's so old it's suffering from wood worm and the door hinges creak as the doors are opened.

Also, the doctor will only be able to park it in antique shops and the TARDIS soul is an old man that farts on about the 'good old days' all the time :D

But by jove I will miss it if it's not still running by then.
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    I think it'll still be on our screens by then and have decent viewing figures (collated by the amount of "time shift" viewers aka those who watch on new media ). I'll guess the Doctor will be played by either Colin Morgan from Merlin or Harry Lloyd from Human Nature/Family Of Blood by then. Either Paul Cornell or Gary Russell will be showrunner and yes it'll be in glorious 3-D.
    We'll also have seen The Time War in all it's glory via a series of 3-D video games , which you'll also be able to subscribe to ongoing online:)

I think it might be ready for a break by then.

Harry Lloyd will be 36 by then - probably too old. :D

Cornell and Russell have little experience in TV production and don't show signs of changing that.

TV may well be in 3-D by then, but BBC One-3D will have too low a bit rate and really only be 2.5 D.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In 2020 some fans on the internet (or whatever the internet has evolved in) will deem the current show runner as lazy and lacking in gravitates. Same old same old.