Options

Series 5 Preview

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
Forum Member
So after tomorrow's farewell to DT, Do you think we will get a little sneak peek of Matt and Karen in Action, fingers crossed we will :D

Comments

• Options
    Cameron KMcEwanCameron KMcEwan Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "But we'll also have tons of great stuff on the Eleventh Doctor! Get a sensational sneak peek of the new series and check out exclusive new videos... that's all on this site immediately after The End of Time, Part Two finishes."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/features/bulletins/bulletin_091231_01
  • Options
    mikkyhmikkyh Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd think maybe there'd be a little sneak peak after the end credits or just before. Though we might only get a bit of Matt Smith just at the end of the regeneration - perhaps with one or two one liners ?

I hope we get some anyway *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "But we'll also have tons of great stuff on the Eleventh Doctor! Get a sensational sneak peek of the new series and check out exclusive new videos... that's all on this site immediately after The End of Time, Part Two finishes."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/features/bulletins/bulletin_091231_01

Thanks Cameron :) You always give good information :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Well if there are video clips from Series Five ready for the
    BBC site they MUST be intending to show something after
    EOT Part 2.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the next 20 hours
    and 20 minutes are going to seem very long indeed?
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they don't have an HD preview of Karen in that policewoman's uniform I will be very disappointed.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree and I look forward to it.

After End of Time Pt2 finishes I may also be ready to see what the new TARDIS interior might look like. I'm imaging something old school like something the classic series had it look like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    After End of Time Pt2 finishes I may also be ready to see what the new TARDIS interior might look like. I'm imaging something old school like something the classic series had it look like.

I adored the Edwardian look that they had for part of the Tom Baker period, that was stylish and gorgeous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xenon80 wrote: »
    I adored the Edwardian look that they had for part of the Tom Baker period, that was stylish and gorgeous.

That would be nice.

I loved how spacious Paul McGann's TARDIS looked. That's why initially I was disappointed with the interior we have now. Compared to what I remembered; what I was used to, I considered it claustrophobic, bumpy and loud. Not something you would enjoy travelling in. But with the TV Movie (which obviously had the required budget for a bigger more expensive set design) was extravagant, smooth, almost like a kind of Harry Potter setting where you could see where you were travelling like you were looking up at a skyline.

Obviously I'm not expecting something like that for the new interior but the bigger the set the more you buy into the illusion of "bigger on the inside"
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    Certainly the Torchwood hub was far more spacious than the TARDIS.

The trouble with classic series TARDIS is it's too typical of a science fiction "space ship" - gleaming white, sparkling clean and sterile.

Not a problem in 1963, but there've been too many TV and movie spaceships since then looking like that. I don't think we'll be seeing that again - certainly not this time around. To make something like that look fresh and good you need the kind of money they spent on the bridge of the new Enterprise.

I think the interior does indeed need to look a lot bigger - even if we don't see them, we need the illusion of other rooms and corridors.
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did read a while back that the new TARDIS set was modular and could be broken up and reset as other rooms if required.

Hopefully that is true
  • Options
    freefallerfreefaller Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping the first episode isn't a 60 minute makeover because I think I'd lose interest if the doctor was trying to decide a colour scheme for the Tardis.

I'm gonna miss s1-4 title sequence though, am I right in believing it will be changed because they have a new logo?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    freefaller wrote: »
    I'm hoping the first episode isn't a 60 minute makeover because I think I'd lose interest if the doctor was trying to decide a colour scheme for the Tardis.

I'm gonna miss s1-4 title sequence though, am I right in believing it will be changed because they have a new logo?

The title sequence was re-imagined after Voyage of the Damned but I never took to it. I much prefered the original version of the score and was disappointed when they changed it.

But since we're getting a whole new doctor and production team TARDIS etc, a new title theme is just another thing we simply have to look forward to. :)
  • Options
    BaileyBigIdiotBaileyBigIdiot Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the website change as we have had the same one for a couple of years now and we have a new... well everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the website change as we have had the same one for a couple of years now and we have a new... well everything.

Well there's a new doctor who logo so I'm guessing they will update the website with that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My money's on the website crashing and burning horribly around 19:57 tomorrow evening. If they are smart, they'll give it a while before any big changes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see the new Tardis staircase that has been hinted at on location filming. Wonder where it goes...
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget to watch Confidential on BBC3 straight after EOT finishing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    2 Hours to go people :eek: :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    If they don't have an HD preview of Karen in that policewoman's uniform I will be very disappointed.

Couldn't agree more :D