Do we detect that Nick does not entirely rate Karen?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Nick is just bitter because he misses Margaret and Karren did replace our Margaret ;)

I think you are right but "bitter" is too strong. He accepted Margaret leaving to study as they are very close friends and he still sees her regularly. Karren is not Margaret but am pretty sure he does rate her highly as a businesswoman and a lady.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the 'carries a lot of weight' joke was quite loaded. Karen does worry endlessly about her weight, and Nick is far too skilfull a player not to realise the double entendre. I think that was his way of saying that AS had gone for Karen's recommendation on who to fire. Later he admitted that he thought the Noble Lord had got it wrong. Interesting.

I think you're reading too much into this. I didn't see it as a deliberate joke or play on words because he spoke over the audience's laughter to explain he meant her experience. IIRC it's not the first time he's said he thought LSugar had got it wrong.
  • dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    Nice to see Margaret again and the rapport between them remains apparent “It feels wonderful and relaxed being on the Countdown set," Mountford said. "It is fun to be with an old friend with such a dry sense of humour and nice to check up on how he's getting on in his new career. He may think he'll be in charge..."

Nick Hewer has brought a rating boost to Countdown. Viewing figures are already up 22% on last year's average audience since Nick took the helm in January, with his debut as host warmly received by fans and television critics alike.

Agreed. There is a return of the old Countdown magic imo. Havent enjoyed it so much since the days of Richard Whitely. Nick was a surprise but very welcome and good choice.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QuirkyGirl wrote: »
    I think you're reading too much into this. I didn't see it as a deliberate joke or play on words because he spoke over the audience's laughter to explain he meant her experience. IIRC it's not the first time he's said he thought LSugar had got it wrong.

Nick Hewer is extremely skilfull. He spoke over the audience to pretend that he'd made a gaff. I don't think he had.
  • SydneyHedgehogSydneyHedgehog Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Hewer is extremely skilfull. He spoke over the audience to pretend that he'd made a gaff. I don't think he had.

He knew exactly what he was saying ......... is there a single one amongst us who don't think Karren needs to say no to the occasional slice of cake?
  • HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He knew exactly what he was saying ......... is there a single one amongst us who don't think Karren needs to say no to the occasional slice of cake?

Even then she would still be a slightly less fat, bitter, snidy woman making comments with a sneer on her face - very unattractive and adds nothing.
  • Mel O'DramaMel O'Drama Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    Cressida wrote: »
    Nice to see Margaret again and the rapport between them remains apparent “It feels wonderful and relaxed being on the Countdown set," Mountford said. "It is fun to be with an old friend with such a dry sense of humour and nice to check up on how he's getting on in his new career. He may think he'll be in charge..."

Nick Hewer has brought a rating boost to Countdown. Viewing figures are already up 22% on last year's average audience since Nick took the helm in January, with his debut as host warmly received by fans and television critics alike.

He is the sole reason that I started to watch it again, after the various disastrous presenters we were saddled with.

I think he is very good as the Countdown Host, just what this excellent, but struggling programme needed to take it out of the doldrums. The viewing figures would seem to be in agreement with that view.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think maybe Nick felt the teeniest bit put out that AS had taken Karen's recommendation for who to fire.
    Having finally got around to watching it, it seemed he disagreed with her opinion. As I recall, he followed Jane's team for the first and third tasks, and she apparently performed well in both of them. Karren followed her team for the other two tasks where she performed relatively badly. So it's logical that Nick and Karren's opinion would differ.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is the sole reason that I started to watch it again, after the various disastrous presenters we were saddled with.

I think he is very good as the Countdown Host, just what this excellent, but struggling programme needed to take it out of the doldrums. The viewing figures would seem to be in agreement with that view.

ditto to all that:)
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

shall we see a picture of you then slim jim? I've read this time and time again about Brady being fat fgs - where is she fat? She's an attractive woman. I dont rate her because I think she got lucky and the rest was history BUT she is not anywhere near fat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member

Why does it bother you?

The misogynist cretins on this thread are laughable - worry about your own lives rather than the weight of some woman you'll never meet.
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't generally like Nick but on this occasion I would agree with his opinion rather than Karren's. I didn't like the way she spoke about - and even to - Jane and felt that she was less than fair in her assessment of her performance and abilities.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    I don't generally like Nick but on this occasion I would agree with his opinion rather than Karren's. I didn't like the way she spoke about - and even to - Jane and felt that she was less than fair in her assessment of her performance and abilities.

Yes, she seemed to have taken against her for some reason
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I thought Nick definitely sounded a bit unimpressed by Karren's recommendation being taken up by Alan Sugar and disagreed with it.

He and Margaret seemed to make a great team but that chemistry doesn't seem to be there between him and Karren.