Will.I.Am quits The Voice?

DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
Forum Member
✭✭
will.i.am has reportedly QUIT his role on BBC talent show The Voice.

The Black Eyed Peas star, who has been with the programme since it first hit screens in 2012, has allegedly decided not to stay on for another season, according to the Daily Star on Sunday newspaper.

BBC bosses are reportedly 'desperate' to keep him and have offered him more cash in a bid to persuade him to come back after losing Rita Ora to The X Factor.

A source said: "Will has been in discussions with producers but decided he doesn't want to return this year. He’s disappointed Rita Ora left and is frustrated the show has failed to produce an international star.

"He was especially upset his former contestant Leah McFall failed to set the charts alight."

Bosses are reportedly doing "everything in their power" to change his mind, while American singer and dancer Jason Derulo has been tipped to replace him.

Sir Tom Jones and Kaiser Chiefs singer Ricky Wilson are expected to sign up again, while rumours are rife that Kylie Minogue could return.

According to the Daily Star on Sunday, Joss Stone, 28, was asked to join the show as a coach but decided not to take the job.

A spokesman for The Voice told Mirror Celeb negotiations are still ongoing ahead of series five.

A source from the BBC said: "We're talking to Will and we're till confident he'll be on the show next year."

It was reported in June that will.i.am WOULD be returning in 2016 as long as the BBC still wanted him but it appears he's had a change of heart.

"But they could say: 'Will's too difficult, he always arrives late. Let's get Ne-Yo. He wears hats!'" he joked.

Will added: "At the end of the day, The Voice is a fun format and I love hanging around aspirational singers who want to dive into this world. If I can help them on their way, why not be around fresh new excitement when everyone in my world is jaded?"

He has been with The Voice UK from the beginning when it first hit our TV screens back in 2012, with the show now on its fourth season.

The show will start filming in Manchester next month and return to screens in early 2016.

will.i.am is yet to confirm or deny the story.

I'd be pretty gutted if Will left the show. He's wonderful entertainment, and it's clear that he takes his coaching very seriously, even if he can often frustrate. It'd be a big blow to lose him. Although I think Jason Derulo would be an excellent replacement, if those rumours are true.

It's important now that Ricky and Tom both sign on. I don't think a complete upheaval in the coaching panel would do the show any good.

Comments

• Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I'd be pretty gutted if Will left the show. He's wonderful entertainment, and it's clear that he takes his coaching very seriously, even if he can often frustrate. It'd be a big blow to lose him. Although I think Jason Derulo would be an excellent replacement, if those rumours are true.

It's important now that Ricky and Tom both sign on. I don't think a complete upheaval in the coaching panel would do the show any good.

i would like 2 a whole new line up of cotaches
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show is doomed to fail. 4 series in and they haven't had a No. 1 single from an artist or anyone that has even a hint of longevity.

Cancel it and just chalk it down to experience. Making another series is a waste of time and money.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    The show is doomed to fail. 4 series in and they haven't had a No. 1 single from an artist or anyone that has even a hint of longevity.

Cancel it and just chalk it down to experience. Making another series is a waste of time and money.

The BBC don't care if a star is produced, as long as the show is pulling in ratings they'll keep it on air. Simples.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I myself am not devastated if the acts don't have any chart success. What I enjoy is the show itself, the way it is presented, and the way it is formatted.

Some people put too much stock on post-show success. I'm not gonna stop watching because my favourite act didn't get a record deal.
  • WhoAteMeDinnerWhoAteMeDinner Posts: 4,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps he will SOD.O.FF back to the US now, totally up his own......
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Will, and hope he changes his mind.

The BBC have paid for the the next season already so will show it.

Leah McFall's mum has complained about Will recently. He was all for Leah and then suddenly just dropped her.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he should of gone after the first season tbh. I can't understand what hes on about half the time.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will has "reportedly" left every year its been going. The press just take a punt on it in the hope that it will be right-as they do with so many other situations.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he officially is signed up. The newspaper seemed to have missed the real one going Tom Jones. :D
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    I'd be pretty gutted if Will left the show..

Nah, it's time for him to go. But, he won't. Sure, he's been good entertainment, but the show is supposed to be about finding The Voice, not a platform for him to prat about making strange comments. Also, there was the embarrassment of him trying to actually sing with his acts. Good producer though he may be, he can't sing for toffee.