Boyfriend pulling out of property

Comments

• EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone :)

Well, it's over - face to face.

He wept buckets, I wept a few buckets of my own and it's time to move forward.

Mum freaked me out by using her strange powers of mum-telepathy and ringing me just before I rang her to say she felt something bad had happened and I needed her :o
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no, but I think anyone who rents when they can afford to buy is extremely stupid

Are you still living with your parents and running your successful eBay business? Just wondered... thought you might've actually saved up a deposit and flown the nest to have garnered all this life experience all of a sudden.

People are different and have different means and reasons for doing things. I rented for 3 years before buying due to many factors and certainly don't consider any of that rent 'wasted money'.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Are you still living with your parents and running your successful eBay business? Just wondered... thought you might've actually saved up a deposit and flown the nest to have garnered all this life experience all of a sudden.

People are different and have different means and reasons for doing things. I rented for 3 years before buying due to many factors and certainly don't consider any of that rent 'wasted money'.

It isn't wasted anything that gives a roof over your head is worth doing. And renting is easier if you may want to move too IMO. I think the poster is deluded if they think everyone has the same life so everyone must do what they do.
  • MissWalfordMissWalford Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know but if the OP could stay for 6 months and build up a deposit, she would save around £7k per year, thats life changing money

Life changing? lol You're being a bit dramatic. It is possible to rent and save money. It would build up quicker without renting true. If the area where she lives is anywhere like mine, the cheap places are in awkward locations, and if you rely on public transport, or one of the people living with you does then you end up looking at more expensive places. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    I think the poster is deluded if they think everyone has the same life so everyone must do what they do.

Definitely!

Sorry OP, went a bit OT there. Good luck with everything ;)
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »

Mum freaked me out by using her strange powers of mum-telepathy and ringing me just before I rang her to say she felt something bad had happened and I needed her :o

Have a hug babes. xx
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Could you not try and save £5k and then try and buy one of these for example
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44515145.html
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29144871.html

You would be saving a HUGE amount of money. £600 a month you will NEVER see again, dont do it!!

Well number one is a leasehold and the second a retirement residence, a properone bed in Dorset would be over 100k and most single people would not be given a mortgage whether they could make the monthly payments or not, if mortgages were given on that premise a lot more people would have them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, I don't think Emmersonne is that old!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, I think renting is the right decision in the short term because I just want to get out there on my own and take stock of my life, by myself.

Still got no idea what will happen the first time I encounter a spider :D:D:D
  • lemonbunlemonbun Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    no, but I think anyone who rents when they can afford to buy is extremely stupid

Don't you live at home with your parents? You are in no position to express an opinion on someone's 'stupidity' about renting.

Try buying a home these days as a young person without the 'bank of mum and dad'.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, I think renting is the right decision in the short term because I just want to get out there on my own and take stock of my life, by myself.

You get a tumbler and a piece of card, plonk the glass over the spider, slide the card underneath the glass, wobble your way to the window, stumbling over everything on the way there, struggle to open the window whilst balancing said glass and card, then whizz the spider outside, then breathe. That's how I do it anyway. :D

All the best with your new place, Emersonne. :)
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Could you not try and save £5k and then try and buy one of these for example
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44515145.html
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29144871.html

You would be saving a HUGE amount of money. £600 a month you will NEVER see again, dont do it!!
    Oh my God, the bedsit is awful (and leasehold, too), and the other flat is in a retirement complex.

I would rather rent a fabulous flat than throw money away buying a grotty bedsit - which is essentially a bedroom with a cooker and fridge in the corner.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member

well I rang my mum as it was blocking my access downstairs to the hoover so she drive 7 miles and let herself in and evicted it for me, she then moved house and rented one opposite me whilst she was looking to buy then bought one in the next cul de sac over:D

But she also came out another time when I heard a noise and wasn't sure I had locked the door and was afraid to go downstairs, so she came over checked house and garden, locked the door phoned me from her mobile outside to check I was all tucked up in bed and rang me again once she was home.......

think there may have been one more which lead to her deciding to move the 7 miles to the same town, she could probably hear me scream from here lol
  • magnificentmagnificent Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relly wrote: »
    You get a tumbler and a piece of card, plonk the glass over the spider, slide the card underneath the glass, wobble your way to the window, stumbling over everything on the way there, struggle to open the window whilst balancing said glass and card, then whizz the spider outside, then breathe. That's how I do it anyway. :D

All the best with your new place, Emersonne. :)

This is exactly what I do and I'm terrified of spiders! :)
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he had an encounter with another woman, dump him and take the house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemonbun wrote: »
    Try buying a home these days as a young person without the 'bank of mum and dad'.

He doesn't need bank of M&D - he runs his own successful eBay business, makes thousands ;-)
  • krytenkkrytenk Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get yourself one of these... http://www.lakeland.co.uk/20455/Spider-Catcher :)
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You go girl! you have the balls that he lacks by the sound of it, only a coward does the deed by text, but however upset you are now, you coped and will keep coping. I wouldn't give him the time of day now.
  • lemonbunlemonbun Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    He doesn't need bank of M&D - he runs his own successful eBay business, makes thousands ;-)

I've also read all his BS posts. In his dreams.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my God, the bedsit is awful (and leasehold, too), and the other flat is in a retirement complex.

I would rather rent a fabulous flat than throw money away buying a grotty bedsit - which is essentially a bedroom with a cooker and fridge in the corner.

And they call other people stupid too. :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    krytenk wrote: »

Awww, yes, I need one of those. Don't want to hurt the spideys
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with... I think all but 1 person on this thread (I won't name names ;) ). Sounds like you are better of without him. I hope you enjoy your new flat and freedom. His loss I reckon.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly what I do and I'm terrified of spiders! :)

Haha! Do you replicate my sound effects as well? The "AARGH BLOODY HELL HOW COME I'M ON MY OWN WHEN I FIND A BLOODY SPIDER OH CRAP OH SH1T!" and so on, until the creature is safely out of the window? :D
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well done you. It's painful now, but it's definitely the right thing to do. What he did and how he did it shows a deep lack of respect for you IMO, and you can't build a relationship around that.

Hugs from me.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say get a cat to sort the spiders out... but mine is useless. She just sits and watches them and if they stop, usually right in front of her she gives them a tiny bat as to say "well move and entertain me then!".

Useless.