Options

Brilliant episode of Corrie!

lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think most would agree that the standard of Corrie's episode the past few months have been sup par, so much so that I stopped tuning in regularly for a while but wow tonight's episode was great, Corrie at it's best imo. Top class acting from the actors that play Rob and Carla. Seeing Rob lose it and unravel like that :eek: I hope this quality is consistent from now on and Steve's depression storyline is another plot that I think will be fantastic(never knew before this started that the actor was so versatile). Re tonight: the bit where Rob told Carla all he could see was Tina's face at nights when it was dark was chilling. Roll on Wednesday's episode!

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep brilliant set of episodes especially the last one.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good acting tonight. It's going to be sad when CS loses Marc and Baylis and isn't Alison King going on break for a bit?
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Second ep was Corrie at its very best - thanks to Alison and Marc's acting and them finally being given some great writing.
  • Options
    MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was brilliant!!! Has been woeful for ages but tonight was fab. Going mad we will lose a character like rob.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Best episode in ages Carla and Rob were fantastic :):) both actors were so heartbreakingly believable that I felt sorry for both of them.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it and thought it was very good. Carla's flat is gorgeous too. :D
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    Best episode in ages Carla and Rob were fantastic :):) both actors were so heartbreakingly believable that I even felt sorry for both of them.

I totally agree.
    Best episode for ages and I felt really sorry for them both too. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Really good acting tonight. It's going to be sad when CS loses Marc and Baylis and isn't Alison King going on break for a bit?

I don't think Alison King is, i think in the interview where that was said it was just a holiday/ normal time off :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly-x wrote: »
    I don't think Alison King is, i think in the interview where that was said it was just a holiday/ normal time off :)

Oh I thought it was like a three month break however it may have been thread and the OP was misinterpreting the text and it may have just been a holiday.
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    Best episode in ages Carla and Rob were fantastic :):) both actors were so heartbreakingly believable that I felt sorry for both of them.
    Really good acting tonight. It's going to be sad when CS loses Marc Baylis
    Murraymar wrote: »
    It was brilliant!!! Has been woeful for ages but tonight was fab. Going mad we will lose a character like rob.

I haven't watched Corrie in ages, but I saw the summary for tonights episodes and I was really glad I did! What fantastic episodes, and agree with everyone Carla and Rob were amazing, the actors have such great chemistry.

Seriously with all the sh!te actors, and the supposedly 'hot' guys cast recenetly who are anything but and are as bland as beige wallpaper, I am so gutted we will be losing Rob. Marc Baylis has come into his own so much, he has fantastic chemsitry with Carla, Tracey hell even Deirdre! With so few good actors/characters in the show at the moment especially male ones, I will be so sad to see Rob go. :(
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CS's been on a pretty consistent downward spiral in recent months IMO but tonight's second episode really improved on that! Damn it, I'm even feeling sorry for Tracy knowing what's gonna happen!
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good scenes between Alison King and Marc Baylis. Such a pity Rob is leaving and we won't get more scenes of them together, they went through a lot in their childhood which could of been explored more. Sadly though he will leave but a lot of the bad characters in the show who have long past their sell by date will be kept on and given big contracts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good scenes between Alison King and Marc Baylis. Such a pity Rob is leaving and we won't get more scenes of them together, they went through a lot in their childhood which could of been explored more. Sadly though he will leave but a lot of the bad characters in the show who have long past their sell by date will be kept on and given big contracts.
    BIB Sean Tully >:( can't wait for his exciting new awful storyline. But don't forget we have the amazing gym trainer Kal. What a great replacement
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonight's second episode of corrie was outstanding. alison king and marc bayliss were superb. continuing drama at its very best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Oh I thought it was like a three month break however it may have been thread and the OP was misinterpreting the text and it may have just been a holiday.

Yeah I'm sure it was just a holiday :)
  • Options
    LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The emotion and tension between Carla and Rob was gripping! Alison King was outstanding!
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was certainly better than recent episodes, but the 1st ep was poorly written. The 2nd was a big improvement. However Corrie could still do so, so much better, if only they got rid of SB and overhaul the writers.

The quality won't last, we'll be back to poor writing very soon.

I still don't like Rob, the character is boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anybody involved in soap should study the second episode of corrie, to see how a contiuning drama should be done.

for me the performances of rob and carla (alison and marc) has to be the stand out soap moment of 2014 so far (and i say that as a life long eastenders fan. )

well done coronation street and i have to give credit where credit is due, well done the hat. ;-)
  • Options
    boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to watch tonight's Corrie again. That's how much I enjoyed it.

The Carla and Rob scenes were electrifying. Fantastic writing and Alison King and Marc Baylis were outstanding.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed! It was FANTASTIC, cooor the acting was amazing!!!

Just such a shame it's only been for a few episodes, and this storyline is being wrapped up very very soon!:(
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy did the outstanding performance for me when he stared at Hayley as she was busily planning Carla's wedding in the Rovers. His quiet, understated smile as he watched her with her friends... MASTERCLASS.

I think the soap performances have been strong this year for most soaps. It's the storylines that are rubbish.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Alison King is always magnificent. Impressed with Marc Baylis too. Too bad Marc is going. Aside from him, it's slim pickings acting wise from the younger male cast.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't be silly - you wouldn't want Corrie to revert to character-driven story lines, would you?? :o
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    I was absolutely glued to it.
  • Options
    zendo59zendo59 Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    2nd episode was brilliant.