Winehouse - Weed, Not Crack Pipe

13»

Comments

• Options
    ranpanranpan Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushead wrote: »
    Quite right - I was about to quote that study myself. How much safer our streets would be on Friday and Saturday nights if the chavs were on pills and poppers, rather than glassing people with their WKD bottles... :D:D

About as safe as the streets of American cities such as New Orleans,Baltimore and Philadelphia.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    ranpan wrote: »
    About as safe as the streets of American cities such as New Orleans,Baltimore and Philadelphia.

Well I can't speak for Philadelphia, but I would rather have a night out in New Orleans or Baltimore than in Newport, Newcastle, or any number of other British cities which are prowled at night by drunken chavs, in their YSL shirts and buckle shoes, who would happily smack in you the face for the price of a kebab.

Horses for courses.....
  • Options
    ranpanranpan Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushead wrote: »
    Well I can't speak for Philadelphia, but I would rather have a night out in New Orleans or Baltimore than in Newport, Newcastle, or any number of other British cities which are prowled at night by drunken chavs, in their YSL shirts and buckle shoes, who would happily smack in you the face for the price of a kebab.

Horses for courses.....

If you prefer a gun to your head for the contents of your wallet then fair enough.
    Just make sure you hand it over.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how its illegal to deal drugs, but apparently fine to stagger around permanently off your head on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    ranpan wrote: »
    If you prefer a gun to your head for the contents of your wallet then fair enough.
    Just make sure you hand it over.

Well I've been to both cities and never had any trouble.

Besides, my original point was that people under the influence of drugs such as ecstacy are less anti-social than drunks. If I were to be robbed at gun point it would no doubt be by a dealer, or a desparate crack/smack addict sucked into a cycle of crime, not by a recreational user (addicts are anentirely different matter) of cannabis or MDMA. And the dealers would be redundant if we could only grow up and face the incontrovertible evidence that prohibtion of anything (be it drugs, prostitution, whatever..) simply does not work.
  • Options
    CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a crack pipe, you tool.

Remi Nicole was also there that night.
  • Options
    Dolby KidDolby Kid Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the fact that people her assume I'm a fan of Winehouse's music, or that I work for her or her PR in any way.

I can't stand her, personally, she's a grubby little tyke who needs a good bath and who needs to change her make-up routine because there are now hundreds of maladjusted wannabees painting their faces the same way, and it is NOT a good look girls, trust me, unless you want to look like a transvestite.

I despise her over-affected voice - trying too hard to play the tortured torch song, and if I hear that Mark Ronson "Valerie" track once more I will chew my radio up and spit the contents into a crack pipe.

She's an over-rated artist who is only popular purely because - like Pete Dickerty before her - she doesn't give a hoot what people think about her, hence the multiple no-shows at gigs and the lack of basic hygeine.

Please - no more assuming I work for Winehouse or her PR or anything to do with her, I never have and never will.

I just know weed in a pipe when I see it.

And who is to say the record label didn't set this whole video up to begin with, in order to maintain control of their major asset??

Stranger things have happened...
  • Options
    dddddarrendddddarren Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and we know crack addicts mate. lets agree to disagree and if you are right then it seems very expreme of the record company and the lady herself to apologyise and book into rehab! .... ohhh, and you should let her dad know, he said it was crack too (i assume amy told him of her misadventure).
  • Options
    dddddarrendddddarren Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think you are just here to wind people up. good look matey....and everyone else i would ignore this self proclaimed 'amy/drug/crackpipe/ expert.
  • Options
    Billy NomatesBilly Nomates Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    Dolby Kid wrote: »
    I love the fact that people her assume I'm a fan of Winehouse's music, or that I work for her or her PR in any way.

I can't stand her, personally, she's a grubby little tyke who needs a good bath and who needs to change her make-up routine because there are now hundreds of maladjusted wannabees painting their faces the same way, and it is NOT a good look girls, trust me, unless you want to look like a transvestite.

I despise her over-affected voice - trying too hard to play the tortured torch song, and if I hear that Mark Ronson "Valerie" track once more I will chew my radio up and spit the contents into a crack pipe.

She's an over-rated artist who is only popular purely because - like Pete Dickerty before her - she doesn't give a hoot what people think about her, hence the multiple no-shows at gigs and the lack of basic hygeine.

Please - no more assuming I work for Winehouse or her PR or anything to do with her, I never have and never will.

And who is to say the record label didn't set this whole video up to begin with, in order to maintain control of their major asset??

Stranger things have happened...

Yet your OP states "some insider information". So you do not like her, know her or work for her yet you have insider information, how?

If it was weed in that pipe it would be billowing smoke so you are wrong.
  • Options
    ShiftyDundeeShiftyDundee Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    jen0607 wrote: »
    Oh please, what a silly comparison....

I think our point is - both DRUGS are illegal....even if they are 'worlds apart'.

Erm, please explain how that was a silly comparison.
    Both things I mentioned are illegal too. Just because they're both illegal doesn't mean you can compare them like for like, just like you can't compare weed and crack (or you wouldn't if you had any idea what you are talking about).
    My point being, I'd sooner be a pipe-hitting wastrel with a modicum of talent (if an affected Billie Holiday pastiche is your thing) checking into oblivion through the use of hard drugs, than a Heat-reading gossip merchant handing money over to ambulance chasing flashgun scum who spend their nights salivating outside Browns desperate to point their lenses up some Hollyoaks starlet's skirt.

Couldn't agree more. The real scum are those people making a living out of her and others misery and all the Heat reading losers that pay them for it. She might have a chance to sort herself out if she wasn't being hounded everywhere she goes.
    Has this got out of hand now? A year ago nobody knew who Amy Winehouse was and now she is headline news. A sad messed up girl who can sing a bit and is propped up by a talented producer.

Amy Winehouse's second album was released in 2006, her first in 2003. The first album was Mercury nominated and didn't exactly sink without a trace. I think plenty of people have known who she was for a lot longer than a year :rolleyes:
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more. The real scum are those people making a living out of her and others misery and all the Heat reading losers that pay them for it. She might have a chance to sort herself out if she wasn't being hounded everywhere she goes.

Their motives are most certainly not altruistic but inadvertently they’re more likely to bring her to her senses (if she has any) than anything else. I have had some experience of addiction via a family member and it was only when their problems were revealed to the whole family that they were shamed into actually doing something about it. Prior to that they had confided in one person only who had, without realising it, only further enabled their addiction under the mistaken impression they were helping.

Dirty laundry needs airing and I hope the tabs and Heat keep hounding her until the idiot is forced to seek some lasting solution to her ridiculous addiction.
  • Options
    Merry HappyMerry Happy Posts: 8,228
    Forum Member
    If she only drinks moderately, she would probably be classed as managing her alcohol use and therefore yup recovered. However there are many addicts who give up the pills and powders and turn their hand to steady drinking or spliff smoking and this is not recovery in any sense.

I also remember her and Cameron Diaz being photographed with a joint while on holiday.

It's not recovery, it's just ditching one addiction for another.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Their motives are most certainly not altruistic but inadvertently they’re more likely to bring her to her senses (if she has any) than anything else. I have had some experience of addiction via a family member and it was only when their problems were revealed to the whole family that they were shamed into actually doing something about it. Prior to that they had confided in one person only who had, without realising it, only further enabled their addiction under the mistaken impression they were helping.

Dirty laundry needs airing and I hope the tabs and Heat keep hounding her until the idiot is forced to seek some lasting solution to her ridiculous addiction.

I think that depends very much on the individual. For some it might help but for others the stress of being constantly hounded could be the very thing that drives them to drug/alcohol abuse in the first place.

What if the tabs and Heat hound her so much she ends up dead trying to get away from them? Is that the sort of long lasting solution people would be happy with? It was a lasting solution to Diana's bulimia anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What really irks me about this whole thing is that people (and i hasten to add that i haven't seen anyone on here do it) make excuses for her addiction because she is considered so talented. It also happened with Pete Doherty too.

Talent doesn't excuse anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    burtbendy wrote: »
    What really irks me about this whole thing is that people (and i hasten to add that i haven't seen anyone on here do it) make excuses for her addiction because she is considered so talented. It also happened with Pete Doherty too.

I totally agree. It's no excuse. But being talented and being addicted to drugs doesn't make you a more terrible person than the thousands of untalented addicts either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that depends very much on the individual. For some it might help but for others the stress of being constantly hounded could be the very thing that drives them to drug/alcohol abuse in the first place.

What if the tabs and Heat hound her so much she ends up dead trying to get away from them? Is that the sort of long lasting solution people would be happy with? It was a lasting solution to Diana's bulimia anyway.

Unfortunately you’re only offering excuses for her with your answer. Her problems are HER fault and no-one else’s. No need to be melodramatic either by implying people want to see her dead as clearly only nutters would want that to happen. Many, many movie stars and music artistes use drugs to some extent or other but most clearly manage their habit in such a way that it does not take over their entire lives. It is ones who cannot, that attract tabloid/public attention and concern - Cause and effect.

Her public usage (who does drugs on camera FFS!?!?) seems to me that either she’s too far gone to care or she subconciously wants to be confronted with her problem in the hope of coming off drugs. It’s long past time for an intervention with both Doherty and Winehouse and it does not speak well of either of their families that this disgusting soap opera has played out for as long as it has.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, we never hear the end about their "talents" as if it excuses their behaviour in some way.

Take away the "glamour" of the celebrity lifestyle and they're just a couple more junkies off the street.
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member

Do you know that a lot of crack smokers sit their rocks on a bed of something flammable to get the most out of it. If a small amount of something burns just around / below the rock so then it means you don't have to hold a lighter for a long time awkwardly and burn your fingers.
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Yes, we never hear the end about their "talents" as if it excuses their behaviour in some way.

Take away the "glamour" of the celebrity lifestyle and they're just a couple more junkies off the street.

Agree. Go to any treatment centre and you'll find a whole bunch of people who are equally talented too.
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOME INSIDER INFORMATION

1. The content of that pipe was herbal cannabis, i.e. weed, and NOT crack cocaine. It is understood that she has been advised to seek legal redress over the false allegations made by the Sun.

2. The person who made the video recording was in fact her weed dealer, and he removed all the sound with his own voice on it, as well as the parts where he himself smokes weed through the pipe along with Amy.

The weed dealer knew she was trying to quit cigarettes as a New Years resolution, and so instead of smoking her weed in a joint she would put it into a pipe to avoid inhaling the nicotine, a common practice among weed smokers.

You can see from the film that it is weed and NOT crack cocaine by the amount of smoke given off by the pipe - a rock of crack would not give off such a dense amount of smoke, especially given that the crack user would be trying to inhale as much of the smoke as possible so as not to waste it.

Of course, being a small time weed dealer, the offer of thousands of pounds from The Sun for a video of Amy Winehouse using a pipe would be too tempting an offer to resist betraying Winehouse, who is worth millions.

3. For American readers who aren't familiar with British tabloids, The Sun newspaper is like the National Enquirer, it is well known in the UK for lying and generally inventing stories - almost every issue has a apologies buried inside it for a misleading or lying to the public via it's headline stories.

It is treating this issue like a typical Sun moral crusade and claiming to be helping Winehouse by exposing her in this way, when in reality it is a contemptuous set-up, and gutter journalism at its worst.
    Those involved in this scam should be thoroughly ashamed, and hopefully will be exposed through the courts.

As Lou Reed once said - "don't believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear"

Just a small point: Why would you need to take 6 valium to 'come down' if you were smoking weed?!!!! FFS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    My point being, I'd sooner be a pipe-hitting wastrel with a modicum of talent (if an affected Billie Holiday pastiche is your thing) checking into oblivion through the use of hard drugs, than a Heat-reading gossip merchant handing money over to ambulance chasing flashgun scum who spend their nights salivating outside Browns desperate to point their lenses up some Hollyoaks starlet's skirt.

I quite agree. Thank goodness the Scum is there to save her.
    Without their self-righteous moral aggrandizing, constant intrusions and sensationalist hypocrisy she would no doubt be in a far, far worse place than she is already.

I don't believe it was crack cocaine in that pipe any more than I believe the Hillsborough survivors picked the pockets of the dead.

I don't think you could care a less what Amy was smoking crack weed whatever, it seems you just have a huge problem with The Sun newspaper.
    Amys in rehab for her weed addiction today then ? Maybe The Sun should sue you for making such ludicrous statements! rofl :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I don't understand how its illegal to deal drugs, but apparently fine to stagger around permanently off your head on them.

basically because when you take drugs you are only really damgin yourself, whereas dealing is damagin everyone who you sell to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if the tabs and Heat hound her so much she ends up dead trying to get away from them?

Hounded into rehab (not death!) it seems:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a87758/amys-boss-shocked-her-with-press-cuttings.html

Let’s see if she really means it.
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. If it is a druggie who isn't famous then they are just 'scum'. But if they are famous then they are such an amazing talent, and oh poor poor them they lead such a hard life. Give me a break! There a millions of people suffering from illnesses that aren't self inflicted, many who are severely ill and would do anything to stay alive, and who don't have the money and opportunities of the famous. Then you get trash like Wino and co who don't seem to give a crap about whether they live or die and they get all the sympathy just because they are poor talented souls. Rant over. :)