Making a complaint - Tesco

124»

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Summerain,

I have just read through this thread and the action of that staff member were nothing short of vile, evil and discriminatory!

What a foul woman. :mad: If I were you I would've smacked her one!

Though you obviously took the correct approach and I'm glad Tesco have seem to have listened. What an awful woman though, your OP made me shake with anger at just the thought! I hope she is disciplined.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    summerain wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of this, but 2 other customers had witnessed what had happened, and reported it to the manager on duty at the time.

That's great that they complained too.

A shame you didn't get to hear that person had been disciplined/sacked or got an apology from her rather than the manager, but Tesco seem to be taking it reasonably seriously.
  • Options
    3PS3PS Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did he have to drop in we are putting in self service checkout in to it, what's that got to do with anything. Is he hinting that you should use them instead. Glad you got a response though and that they got complaints from other people about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    summerain wrote: »
    Hi guys, sorry I didn't update sooner.

I had a phone call from the store manager on Thursday. He was very understanding and very apologetic.
    I wasn't aware of this, but 2 other customers had witnessed what had happened, and reported it to the manager on duty at the time. He said he was glad I'd got in touch so he could apologise to me personally.

He is relatively new to that store (only been there 2 months) and knows that many staff members are set in their ways and can be rude to customers as it's been allowed to go on for so long. He's organising a customer service training session for ALL staff, and those who don't improve will have their employment status reviewed.

He also told me they're putting in self-service machines soon, I'm not sure if that was to entice me back in the store... but it won't work.

I accepted his apology, he didn't have to call or even say sorry, since it wasn't directly his fault. I was kind-of hoping I'd get some form of apology from the woman who said it, but I guess that's unlikely. He sounded very genuine, it could just be clever acting, but I think he meant what he said and was keen to put the situation right.

I also received a handwritten letter in the post on Friday repeating what he had said, and a £10 gift voucher for my sister :)

I'm glad they listened and took it seriously. I still don't think I could ever bring myself to go in there again, but I hope the staff will think twice before judging and making fun of someone with a disability again.

Thanks again to everyone who backed me up and supported me. I really have never complained before!
    Well, good for you that you made a complaint that was clear enough & good enough to get a decent response from them. A lot of people complain by hurling abuse & ranting at the wrong person, & then they wonder why their complaint takes ages to get any sort of reply, if it gets one at all. You did it the right way, & it also seems to have been dealt with by a manager who cares about how his customers are treated, & wants his staff to do better. :)

I'd make a photocopy of that letter. You might feel differently about going back there again in a couple of months. If this happens again either to your sister or to someone else & you witness it, you could write to Tesco again enclosing a copy of the letter they sent to you, & point out that the measures you were told would be put in place don't seem to be working. :)
  • Options
    madnesmadnes Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great that they complained too.

A shame you didn't get to hear that person had been disciplined/sacked or got an apology from her rather than the manager, but Tesco seem to be taking it reasonably seriously.

I am glad to that others witnessed the incident and reported it. Its nice to that the store manager rang you directly rather than just receive a standard letter.
  • Options
    madnesmadnes Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summerain keep that link I posted in your favourites folder. You might need it in the future.