True Blood season 3

Variety has stated that season 3 of True Blood is starting in June:

"HBO's undead romance is about to be rekindled.
Pay net's vampire drama "True Blood" will begin the 12-episode run of its third season June 13. Season two, which ended Sept. 13, drew record ratings, making "True Blood" the cabler's most-watched contempo show.

Night should be competive as CBS will offer the Tony Awards and ABC a NBA Finals game.

For the season two finale, 5.1 million viewers tuned in. Cumulatively -- including video on demand, repeat telecast and DVR numbers -- "True Blood" drew more than 12 million per episode last season.

Cast changes for season three include the addition of Alfre Woodard and Kevin Alejandro ("Southland") and the loss of Michelle Forbes.

Series, exec produced by Alan Ball and Gregg Fienberg, and starring Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer and Sam Trammell, is based on the series of novels by Charlaine Harris"

Comments

• AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Night should be competive as CBS will offer the Tony Awards and ABC a NBA Finals game.

HBO repeats all its original programming a million times during the week, so the competition may affect the ratings for the first showing, but shouldn't affect the overall ratings for the week.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    It just amazes me that when True Blood season 2 finishes in the UK on FX the third season will be starting in the US on HBO. No wonder that so many people download shows like True Blood if the UK channels are nearly a year behind the US!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Actually FX started season 2 late Feb, which means it broadcasts around 8-9 months after the US. As season 1 was aired a year behind the US (as it was only picked up after it aired in the US) it seems that FX are catching up. Who knows when they will show season 3? I know they often show some US shows, like NCIS, a week after the US transmission.
  • themightyruththemightyruth Posts: 3,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well season 2 finishes on FX about a month before season 3 starts, so hopefully they will show it quite close to the US airdate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So does anyone know the actual date when season 3 will start, in the UK?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's been confirmed yet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that the advert for true blood season 3 was shown during the vampire diaries last night. Cant wait for it to start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I recently watched the first two seasons of True Blood online, I am looking forward to season 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished Season 2 tonight... cannot wait for Season 3. The show is brilliant. Who's gonna watch at US pace?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anniecatz wrote: »
    So does anyone know the actual date when season 3 will start, in the UK?

If Channel 4 still has terrestrial rights, I expect it'll be after they show Season 2. So, call it Autumn/Winter.

But no way am I waiting. NINJAVIDEO is my saviour.

The first official Season 3 trailer from HBO. Anyone who wants to go into this season blindfolded, don't watch this 30-second promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JCODjwMFQc

In other news, Alan Ball is maybe the coolest showrunner of all time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PR0J3CT wrote: »
    If Channel 4 still has terrestrial rights, I expect it'll be after they show Season 2. So, call it Autumn/Winter.

But no way am I waiting. NINJAVIDEO is my saviour.

The first official Season 3 trailer from HBO. Anyone who wants to go into this season blindfolded, don't watch this 30-second promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JCODjwMFQc

In other news, Alan Ball is maybe the coolest showrunner of all time.

Thanks for the trailer link. Very excited now :)
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    There is already a thread on season 3
    Can we stick to that one please
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a spoiler or no spoiler thread?
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    There is already a thread on season 3
    Can we stick to that one please

Isn't that a spoiler thread though,some people might not want to know the info you have posted in that thread,although this thread should be marked no pre air spoilers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leithlad wrote: »
    although this thread should be marked no pre air spoilers.

That's what i'm thinking, cos half way through season 3, someone'll assume this is a spoilers one and post loads of stuff. I'm thinking of making a US pace no spoilers one, because not everyone here may be watching at US pace
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Jacob_bb wrote: »
    That's what i'm thinking, cos half way through season 3, someone'll assume this is a spoilers one and post loads of stuff. I'm thinking of making a US pace no spoilers one, because not everyone here may be watching at US pace

Well that's the whole point of having a UK pace one because why would you discuss a US show airing in US pace if you are not watching it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    Well that's the whole point of having a UK pace one because why would you discuss a US show airing in US pace if you are not watching it.

i don't follow :confused:
    i'm just worried 'cos if this thread is not marked, some people could get confused; it's happened on the LOST threads before and resulted in me seeing something i didn't want to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Foxinsider tweeted today that it'll be on FX "early next year".

However, somewhat interestingly (and probably wrongly) if you look here - http://www.fxuk.com/shows/ - it says "coming in July". But that can't be right...can it???
  • David McMahonDavid McMahon Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news?

It's not on now and I'm missing it I hope!! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    UK air date for season 3 is confirmed:

True Blood on FX UK True Blood Series 3. Fridays at 10pm from 14th January 2011 on FX

On Twitter and on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/TrueBloodFXUK
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭