People Who Dislike Katie!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay no slagging of here I just genuinely wonder why?

Granted she is not the best singer in the competition but why is she the subject of so much hate. The word scapegoat comes to mind. I know this is a reality show and contestants have to be open to criticism, but this is kin d of ridicilous.

From my point of view her worst press has stemmed from two decisions by Cheryl Cole. The first being not to put Gamu through and second choosing not to make an elimination vote. I agree it should have been taken to deadlock but she can hardly be blamed.

Not looking for an argument, this I just can not fathom at all.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Granted she is not the best singer in the competition but why is she the subject of so much hate. The word scapegoat comes to mind. I know this is a reality show and contestants have to be open to criticism, but this is kin d of ridicilous.

From my point of view her worst press has stemmed from two decisions by Cheryl Cole. The first being not to put Gamu through and second choosing not to make an elimination vote. I agree it should have been taken to deadlock but she can hardly be blamed.

Well, I don't hate her so I can't explain why people hate her. However, I dislike her for the following reasons:

(in no particular order ;))

She's 24 yet sometimes displays less maturity and professionalism than my 11 year old.

She often forgets her words; something Simon has slated contestants for in the past, yet she gets away with it. I think she needs to work harder at learning her lines.

She has a nice tone to her voice but she's got some terrible habits and often sings quite badly. She is often out of tune and shouts.

She wants to be a professional recording artist but doesn't behave like a professional. Last night's childish behaviour was a case in point.

Simon and Cheryl seem determine to shove her down our throats as the best thing since sliced bread. Not Katie's fault but it's not making me like her any more.

So there you go. Hope that was helpful! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't hate her so I can't explain why people hate her. However, I dislike her for the following reasons:

(in no particular order ;))

She's 24 yet sometimes displays less maturity and professionalism than my 11 year old.

She often forgets her words; something Simon has slated contestants for in the past, yet she gets away with it. I think she needs to work harder at learning her lines.

She has a nice tone to her voice but she's got some terrible habits and often sings quite badly. She is often out of tune and shouts.

She wants to be a professional recording artist but doesn't behave like a professional. Last night's childish behaviour was a case in point.

Simon and Cheryl seem determine to shove her down our throats as the best thing since sliced bread. Not Katie's fault but it's not making me like her any more.

So there you go. Hope that was helpful! :)

Well yes thank you. It helps to an extent, it seems a few of those are open to personal interpritation. I agree though some of those reasons are beyond her control. Like I said im not her biggest fan but this seems a bit cruel.

Thanks for the adult response by the way instead of "shes c*** get her out" or any of that garbage.. Thank You.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Case in point; Last Saturday's VT where she said she tried to make it in America but just had doors slammed in her face.

We ALL know she had a recording contract out there and released an album out there at this point, so why is she STILL lying through her teeth about it. Even official X Factor spokespeople confirmed they were working to get her out of the contract so she could stay on the show.

Add to that, she's the definition of fake and an immense drama queen.

She's there because she banged the right people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Case in point; Last Saturday's VT where she said she tried to make it in America but just had doors slammed in her face.

We ALL know she had a recording contract out there and released an album out there at this point, so why is she STILL lying through her teeth about it. Even official X Factor spokespeople confirmed they were working to get her out of the contract so she could stay on the show.

Add to that, she's the definition of fake and an immense drama queen.

She's there because she banged the right people.

Most TV shows are aimed to be reachable to its dumbest or youngest possible audience so it doesnt alienate viewers. Kids are not going to know she had a recording contract, neither are people who dont scour looking for these stories.

As for "Banging" the right people its all speculation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes thank you. It helps to an extent, it seems a few of those are open to personal interpritation. I agree though some of those reasons are beyond her control. Like I said im not her biggest fan but this seems a bit cruel.

Thanks for the adult response by the way instead of "shes c*** get her out" or any of that garbage.. Thank You.

You're welcome. :)

Yes, I agree some things are subjective; music generally is as a rule. I do think the standard as a whole this year is lower than it ever has been, which is a shame.

I had high hopes of Katie's voice when I first heard her, but she needs to lose all those bad singing habits she's developed and get right back to basics with some good singing lessons. I still think last night's behaviour was pretty appalling though. The thing is, my daughter wants to be a dancer. At 11 she already knows that if something goes wrong on stage you have to grit your teeth, keep your smile, and keep dancing. You can't just sit down and give up.

Until last night I found Katie mildly annoying, but I do think for a 24 year old to behave as she did last night is pretty poor.

Just my humble opinion though! :)
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps this background to Katies story may help:

http://www.anorak.co.uk/256750/tv/how-the-x-factor-and-sony-bmg-fixed-it-for-katie-waissel-aka-katie-vogel.html

Katie on the show is just a cynical piece of marketing by Cowell for somebody they want to push down our throats.

http://www.youtube.com/greeneyedworld#p/a/u/0/AS45DZ7xBqY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most TV shows are aimed to be reachable to its dumbest or youngest possible audience so it doesnt alienate viewers. Kids are not going to know she had a recording contract, neither are people who dont scour looking for these stories.

And those people are probably not the one's who dislike Katie. The ones that dislike her are the ones who know these things.
  • LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fair point but still want to go next week though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »

All of them have back stories that can put them in a bad light.
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I don't hate her either, I've never hated a contestant, but I do dislike her, even though I know it's not entirely her fault because she is simply being exploited for the ratings, and in return is exploiting the situation back in the hope that media exposure will open some doors for her.

None of her performances have impressed me, the songs are usually quite trivial, her image is ridiculous, as disshevelled as her vocals often are. Her voice is distinctly average. Her only skill appears to be as a musical blagger, overly promoting herself to compensate for the lack of ability.

Because I watch these shows for the singing I'm not really interested in the soap opera sideshow of controversial contestants, or judges' bickerings. When they become as overplayed as she has they start to become too much of an annoyance, and when it causes better singers to leave it starts to erode what little credibility the show has left.
  • minnie1957minnie1957 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    I dont hate her because I dont know her well enough to hate her..................however, I do despise the Katie on x factor because she is getting away with murder, hardly anyone is voting for her but she is still there, and she is playing us all like fools.
    She knows exactly what she's doing. I dont beleive she cannot remember her lines, she fakes forgetting them to get the sympathy vote. I dont know why she does that because she has obviously been told she will go far. Dont think that even Cowell is stupid enough to let her win..... but he will get her to as near the final as he can get away with, thats for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair point but still want to go next week though

:p Thats fine, if its just people dont like her as a singer then cool but thats where it should end really.
    Helbore wrote: »
    And those people are probably not the one's who dislike Katie. The ones that dislike her are the ones who know these things.

Hmmm I see your point but do you think every story about Katie is true, or all of them in general because maybe barring Paije, Aiden and John ive heard bad press about everyone.
    You're welcome. :)

Yes, I agree some things are subjective; music generally is as a rule. I do think the standard as a whole this year is lower than it ever has been, which is a shame.

I had high hopes of Katie's voice when I first heard her, but she needs to lose all those bad singing habits she's developed and get right back to basics with some good singing lessons. I still think last night's behaviour was pretty appalling though. The thing is, my daughter wants to be a dancer. At 11 she already knows that if something goes wrong on stage you have to grit your teeth, keep your smile, and keep dancing. You can't just sit down and give up.

Until last night I found Katie mildly annoying, but I do think for a 24 year old to behave as she did last night is pretty poor.

Just my humble opinion though! :)

Yeah thats a good point. She did act a little bit spoilt but at the same time I found the whole sod it thing funny. Made me laugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm I see your point but do you think every story about Katie is true, or all of them in general because maybe barring Paije, Aiden and John ive heard bad press about everyone.

Of course I don't believe every story. Anything that begins "A reliable source told us, exclusively..." goes in one ear and out the other.

I do, however, believe the more reliable information like seeing her recognisable mug on the front cover of the Lola Fontaine album.

I also take note of details like actually watching the "Green Eyed World" videos and seeing that she actually had this reality TV show.I also take note of her being caught out faking the "break up with her boyfriend" (right down to the boyfriend being a actor playing a part) and the fact that she admitted to this fact on her own Youtube channel (and tried to poorly explain it away as "dramatising an event that actually happened.")

Then there are official announcements from the X Factor press office about getting her out of contract. If it weren't true, there's no way they'd be releasing stuff like that.

Her acting is also pretty poor and iys like watching a bad American soap opera when she fluffs her lines or gets overly emotional. I trust my own eyes in those circumstances.

Then we have her fluffing two auditions, yet still getting through. Then ending in the bottom two three times in six weeks and still being saved by the judges and you do start to wonder how deep these connections go.

You see, there's just too much verifiable stuff about her and her industry connections.That alone is enough. Then, amongst all the unverifiable stuff, it becomes far easier to accept certain things as being closer to the truth than others - simply because of the seeing what fits with the stuff we definitely do know.

She's not as simple as the "they had a recording contract one time in the past" type of contestant we've seen previously. She was signed to Sony BMG - a big business partner of SyCo - and had put out an album in the states. A far cry from that VT where she said she "had doors closed in her face."

She's lying through her teeth, constantly. There's not one thing I feel is genuine about her, from what we've seen. She should have been on "Britian's got the X Factor" or whatever it was called. At least that was meant to be actors pretending to be contestants on a reality TV show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't give a flying **** about Gamu,

I dislike Katie because she's a shameless, ambitious, annoying little twerp who'd rather spread her legs to gain notoriety than to harness any sort of musical ability and work for it.