What a result ... 1TB Box FREE

ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After the mess caused by the Darwin software anytime+ downloads in September i emailed Jeremy Darroch and said i was not happy with the constant crashes to my HD box and a £60 credit was put on my account. Fair enough , as i thought that the next download would sort out the problem quickly. It did not , box kept freezing etc etc :yawn:.

Eventually Sky said they would send an engineer with a reconditioned box , and see if that was better . I refused to let a 'second hand ' box be fitted , and said i wanted a new one , as mine was only 6 months old . They agreed . New Amstrad 500GB box fitted , and within one hour problem happened again :(

I emailed Mr Darroch again , and within a few hours got a call from his support team . I explained calmly that i was not going to let another engineer into my home , as i had already taken a day off , lost 3 pages of recorded programs when they took my old box , made dozens of phone calls , and felt this was not acceptable as i was paying £61 a month . The support guy asked ' what will make me happy with the situation' ? I thought of more credit but then thought i would ask if he would get an engineer to install a 1TB new box for FREE instead . He said Yes :D

An engineer installed it yesterday , along with a new LNB . All seems well so far. Box is great. Even if it crashes again , i know it is a software issue , and will be resolved in time .

Any one else got a good experience of dealing with Sky?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Result ! Well done....:cool:

I had a similar result... well, not a free box, but 2 x 1TB HD boxes for £298 in total, Free HD Sub for 6 Months on each 1TB box, and 1/2 price SKY World Package with Free Multi-Room for 12 Months following an Email to Mr D....:rolleyes:

I didn't ask for any of it, and was pleasantly suprised...:rolleyes:

Nicely done though, free 1TB Box.... :cool:

ps my 1TB HD boxes have been "very well behaved" following the latest software upgrade - so very happy now myself....;)
  • StuartPlymouthStuartPlymouth Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ruddiger wrote: »
    Any one else got a good experience of dealing with Sky?
    Yes indeed.

My experience has always been "if you don't ask, you don't get". :D

I've never paid for an Engineer's visit in 12 years, and I've had quite a few free brand new boxes. I only even paid £49 for my original Sky+ box in 2004, which was ultimately replaced twice. I've had the dish and LNB changed twice too, even though I wasn't complaining about that at the time.

I got a free upgrade to HD, without having to pay for the HD pack, and a free installation of an extra feed from the LNB at the same time for the built-in FreesatHD in the TV.

If you're a long standing customer, and have always paid your subs on time, then they tend to treat you quite well if you're unhappy about anything. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    If you're a long standing customer, and have always paid your subs on time, then they tend to treat you quite well if you're unhappy about anything. ;)

Been a customer since day 1.. service is shocking, engineer wouldn't cable how I wanted, and as a result wanted to throw a cable roll over the roof.

I have asked 3 times for my hd box to be paired with my card, and it still hasn't been done.. so been forced to cancel all premium channels.!
  • wellfanwellfan Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Engineer, my arse. These guys are not 'Engineers'. They are installers. Engineers are professionally quallified and personally accountable for their actions. Installers are neither qualified or personally accountable for their actions.
  • taskertasker Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have full package for half price (£35) for 6 months because the e-mail they sent me said movies for £4 not from, i hassled them and threatened to cancel and they offered me this until Feb.:D