Most consecutive repeats?

elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm just curious as to what the most consecutive repeats shown on a basic terrestrial channel is.

I noticed Channel 4 today is showing non-stop repeats from 5.25am until 4.30pm with a single exception - 25 minutes of skiing at 7 a.m. From 7.25 onwards there's an unbroken run of 13 repeats in a row, which must be close to some sort of record.

Comments

• junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    I'm just curious as to what the most consecutive repeats shown on a basic terrestrial channel is.

I noticed Channel 4 today is showing non-stop repeats from 5.25am until 4.30pm with a single exception - 25 minutes of skiing at 7 a.m. From 7.25 onwards there's an unbroken run of 13 repeats in a row, which must be close to some sort of record.

What show is repeated that many times?

Channel 4 is a poor poor channel these days, seems to be obsessed with cooking shows and property. It used to be packed with really well thought original comedy and cutting edge shows now its probably worse than channel 5
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was thinking about something similar to this

Why do they put on full series back to back (digital channels mostly)?
    Is it because they think that if people like the program/genre/star they will sit and watch them all back to back?
    or is it just easier for the program controllers to put a full series on back to back. I don't see how it would be any easier than putting different shows on. They still need the ad breaks and to put the next episode on etc.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the most-repeated programme in history must be The Lion Man which is always running on one of the Sky channels.They haven't made a new one for years,it was dropped after ''The Lion Man'' was convicted of beating-up his girlfriend.
  • peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends, still permanently on Ch4.
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Only Fools And Horses-GOLD
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I think the most-repeated programme in history must be The Lion Man which is always running on one of the Sky channels.They haven't made a new one for years,it was dropped after ''The Lion Man'' was convicted of beating-up his girlfriend.
    A quick look shows there have been 67 showings of The Lion Man this year. So far Two and a Half Men has clocked up 1250 :eek: Though to be fair, a few of those have been new episodes