Wolverine

MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
Forum Member
After this news about Aronofsky dropping out of Wolverine:

"Darren Aronofsky has bowed out of directing "The Wolverine" for 20th Century Fox according to The Hollywood Reporter.

In a joint statement from Fox and Aronofsky, the "Black Swan" helmer gave the following reason for his decision:

"As I talked more about the film with my collaborators at Fox, who have been totally supportive throughout my work on the movie, it became clear that the production of The Wolverine would keep me out of the country for almost a year. I was not comfortable being away from my family for that length of time. I am sad that I won't be able to see the project through, as it is a terrific script and I was very much looking forward to working with my friend, Hugh Jackman, again,” he continued.

Fox added that they "remain fully committed to making The Wolverine" and will "regroup and move forward aggressively".

The studio hasn't yet greenlit the film which is to shoot a significant portion overseas. The mostly Japanese-set story was to shoot on-location in Japan, though the recent earthquake and tsunami disasters have many doubting if that is plan is still viable."

It sounds after the director leaving and the situation in Japan means that we wont see this film for a while which is a pity but understandable!